_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I know, right...a classic that never gets old. But it's not just a person who made and shared it: it is from the offical @ruston admission account...so it was approved by the school. LOL
    I'm picturing one of those overly sweet old hippie ladies, who wears weird clothes and giant jewelry that looks like dried fruit. She was so excited to do this project. To show how "hip" and "now" her beloved LaTech is. I can't decide which is my favorite LaTech story....if it's this video, the fact those mutts actually turned down a bowl bid, or the fact they repeatedly kill their own mascot in creatively cruel ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the video is pretty lame, but it's doesn't look like they are making any great effort. This is why I mentioned that most of their black athletes hang out at Grambling on the weekend. This is no secret amongst recruits that have visited their campus. Outside of their football tradition and kicking our butts, they have little to nothing on UL. Perception matters and until we starting winning football games against them, they will always have an advantage.
    This may explain why they have had an abundance of good Caucasian receivers over the years. They tend to get more than most and do a really good job in developing them. Mackey, cangalosi, taylor are a few that come to mind, that I know their name. Have been several others over the years. Griffin Hebert might be the next this year and maybe another from Acadian area next year. But I sure hope he doesn't end up there.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    This may explain why they have had an abundance of good Caucasian receivers over the years. They tend to get more than most and do a really good job in developing them. Mackey, cangalosi, taylor are a few that come to mind, that I know their name. Have been several others over the years. Griffin Hebert might be the next this year and maybe another from Acadian area next year. But I sure hope he doesn't end up there.
    I'm pretty sure Griffin Hebert held out as long as he could to be a Cajun, but I guess he was one of a number of local boys who only qualified for tops under HUD's local recruiting policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I'm pretty sure Griffin Hebert held out as long as he could to be a Cajun, but I guess he was one of a number of local boys who only qualified for tops under HUD's local recruiting policy.
    No you are incorrect. He did fall under one of huds policies for recruiting receivers but it had nothing to do with tops.

Gabe Fuselier would have never been here either if it weren't for Jay Johnson's persistence. Hud would not even entertain the thought until he came to camp and was faster than his entire recieving corps at the time.

No you are incorrect. He did fall under one of huds policies for recruiting receivers but it had nothing to do with tops.

Gabe Fuselier would have never been here either if it weren't for Jay Johnson's persistence. Hud would not even entertain the thought until he came to camp and was faster than his entire recieving corps at the time.
    All that I'm certain about is that he wanted to be a Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    All that I'm certain about is that he wanted to be a Cajun.
    Not questioning that.

Not questioning that.
    But ended up a dog.

Blog Entries

He not only clocked out well, they put him up against every one of the top DB's in the camp and he showed up every one of them. And after he started showing up DB's , there was no shortage of athletes's that wanted to go up against him at that camp. He had as good of camp that day as any other camp receiver I witnessed at a UL camp.

Well that's obvious, but you think could slide a few other ethnic groups in the video for a broader outreach to potential students.
    bump

He not only clocked out well, they put him up against every one of the top DB's in the camp and he showed up every one of them. And after he started showing up DB's , there was no shortage of athletes's that wanted to go up against him at that camp. He had as good of camp that day as any other camp receiver I witnessed at a UL camp.
    What you just said about Gabe I heard the same exact thing about the LeBlanc kid from CHNI coming out of tech camp. Every time they had one of the DBs, they were high on, come up in the drill they'd move the WR from the back of the line to the front to see how'd they'd compete. To me it just sounds like the kind of kid we need to keep home. And the CHNI kid today is 6'3".

Blog Entries

What you just said about Gabe I heard the same exact thing about the LeBlanc kid from CHNI coming out of tech camp. Every time they had one of the DBs, they were high on, come up in the drill they'd move the WR from the back of the line to the front to see how'd they'd compete. To me it just sounds like the kind of kid we need to keep home. And the CHNI kid today is 6'3".
    I trust Desormeaux on this one, I know a few people have slammed him on this site. He got Mitchell and Hill here in spite of Hudspeth. Tech does a god job of selling their offensive scheme, it's up to Napier to sell his to skilled position athletes.

I trust Desormeaux on this one, I know a few people have slammed him on this site. He got Mitchell and Hill here in spite of Hudspeth. Tech does a god job of selling their offensive scheme, it's up to Napier to sell his to skilled position athletes.
    One would think Mikes resume would give him instant credibility, with local recruits considering his resume. Very good HS and college QB, and a good HS coach, all right here at home in Acadiana. Having said that, I think the current kids on the roster recruits a kid to the school more than anything else. How well that kid gets along with them, and how comfortable he feels around them. Hopefully that will only get better in time once Huds players are gone. I am not saying there aren't any good ones left from hud, I just think Billy will recruit a different type of football player.

And then Hud wasted him. Like he wasted many others. Which is one of the reasons he is a TE coach now and didn't move up to a higher level gig.

Regardless of who is in the video, what in that video would make some body want to go to Louisiana Tech? It really has nothing to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Regardless of who is in the video, what in that video would make some body want to go to Louisiana Tech? It really has nothing to offer.
    Look if I thought I was a marginal dancer, and I saw that video, I would think "man, I could go to tech and own the barn dance scene".

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    You mean other than they win?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    What did they win in that video? Reading comprehension is important.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

We've squandered so many opportunities to end any perception of Tech having a better athletic program. They quadrupled down on football... while we just included it in our lineup. Hud had the opportunity to move past Tech. He blew it. 50% of the head coaches we could have hired after Hud's first 4 years would have positioned us in a permanent dominance over anything resembling Tech. Napier has that opportunity. He does have to repair Hud's damage first. I have no doubt he has the skills... again 50% of the head coaches we could have hired could also... but Napier is the pinnacle of what we could hire... so I have no doubt whatsoever he can "sell his scheme to recruits" and begin a serious rise to UL football. It's only a matter of time... which I'm fuzzy on that exact timeline. It will be dependent on how Napier's first season resonates with HS coaches and recruits he's targeting. After that, it's all up to his recruiting salesmanship and continued successful implementation of his program.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We've squandered so many opportunities to end any perception of Tech having a better athletic program. They quadrupled down on football... while we just included it in our lineup. Hud had the opportunity to move past Tech. He blew it. 50% of the head coaches we could have hired after Hud's first 4 years would have positioned us in a permanent dominance over anything resembling Tech. Napier has that opportunity. He does have to repair Hud's damage first. I have no doubt he has the skills... again 50% of the head coaches we could have hired could also... but Napier is the pinnacle of what we could hire... so I have no doubt whatsoever he can "sell his scheme to recruits" and begin a serious rise to UL football. It's only a matter of time... which I'm fuzzy on that exact timeline. It will be dependent on how Napier's first season resonates with HS coaches and recruits he's targeting. After that, it's all up to his recruiting salesmanship and continued successful implementation of his program.
    Said it before, I'll say it again.

Napier = Crowton

In the timeline of football program development, the hiring of Napier coincides with about where latech was when they hired Crowton. They have had a 20 year head start on us until we finally got as serious as they are about football. Also, I believe Napier is the first coach we have have hired of the same pedigree as Crowton.

So, the only thing left to do now is put some P5 skins on the wall, lots of them. That is how you get recruits' attention. Oh yeah, that, and throw the freakin' ball !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    The video showed nothing but some students attempting to dance. That has nothing to do with winning. I don't see anything in that video that would make a student want to go to Tech. It was a total waste of effort at best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast