_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    They're bad dancers?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,965

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    No rhythm whatsoever

    The Twitter comments below are priceless


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    810

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    That it's over 2 years old?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    They're bad dancers?
    Well that's obvious, but you think could slide a few other ethnic groups in the video for a broader outreach to potential students.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    I didn't realize Tech had so many spastic students


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,375

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    They're bad dancers?
    And they dressed the one black kid in a completely different outfit from the other kids?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,965

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And they dressed the one black kid in a completely different outfit from the other kids?
    I noticed that too. LOL!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And they dressed the one black kid in a completely different outfit from the other kids?
    I've been told and the statistics show that they don't actively recruit minority graduates outside of athletes. That last numbers I was able to look at showed UL had double the graduation rates of minorities.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,375

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I've been told and the statistics show that they don't actively recruit minority graduates outside of athletes. That last numbers I was able to look at showed UL had double the graduation rates of minorities.
    No doubt.

    Meanwhile, and contrast that to our long and very proud history on the subject:

    http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/...gregation-1954

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well that's obvious, but you think could slide a few other ethnic groups in the video for a broader outreach to potential students.
    Or they can over do it like a school I know really well has done in the past to make it look like Grambling south.
    Last edited by FacelessBuffoon; June 14th, 2018 at 01:01 pm. Reason: Really more so under Dr A tenure.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Or they can over do it like a school I know really well has done in the past to make it look like Grambling south.
    I think the video is pretty lame, but it's doesn't look like they are making any great effort. This is why I mentioned that most of their black athletes hang out at Grambling on the weekend. This is no secret amongst recruits that have visited their campus. Outside of their football tradition and kicking our butts, they have little to nothing on UL. Perception matters and until we starting winning football games against them, they will always have an advantage.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the video is pretty lame, but it's doesn't look like they are making any great effort. This is why I mentioned that most of their black athletes hang out at Grambling on the weekend. This is no secret amongst recruits that have visited their campus. Outside of their football tradition and kicking our butts, they have little to nothing on UL. Perception matters and until we starting winning football games against them, they will always have an advantage.
    I am all for winning those games, but don't think they will schedule us any more,"as they would have everything to lose and nothing to gain". We really need to lock them out of south La in recruiting rather if we play or not. That should start right here in acadiana first.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    I am all for winning those games, but don't think they will schedule us any more,"as they would have everything to lose and nothing to gain". We really need to lock them out of south La in recruiting rather if we play or not. That should start right here in acadiana first.
    That's easier said than done. Outside of any head to head wins, upsets or SBC Championships Napier has his work cut out for him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,085

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think the video is pretty lame, but it's doesn't look like they are making any great effort. This is why I mentioned that most of their black athletes hang out at Grambling on the weekend. This is no secret amongst recruits that have visited their campus. Outside of their football tradition and kicking our butts, they have little to nothing on UL. Perception matters and until we starting winning football games against them, they will always have an advantage.
    I thought this was what you were saying in the other thread. More often than not, you have to hit me in the head with something and even then I don't absorb it.

    LCF's link is an incredible read. I've posted it on Faceplant a number of times and folks are kind of surprised at how the 50's transpired at SLI.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    I am all for winning those games, but don't think they will schedule us any more,"as they would have everything to lose and nothing to gain". We really need to lock them out of south La in recruiting rather if we play or not. That should start right here in acadiana first.
    We will likely be Conference foes within a few years.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well that's obvious, but you think could slide a few other ethnic groups in the video for a broader outreach to potential students.
    But then they couldn't make a video of terrible dancers

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,299

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    But then they couldn't make a video of terrible dancers
    I don't know the one black dude they made wear a different shirt can't dance for ____ either....


    I know it's old, but this video makes me so happy. Imagine the poor person who made this, and was so excited to tweet it out.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I don't know the one black dude they made wear a different shirt can't dance for ____ either....


    I know it's old, but this video makes me so happy. Imagine the poor person who made this, and was so excited to tweet it out.
    Lol...decent dancers need not apply

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,375

    Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I don't know the one black dude they made wear a different shirt can't dance for ____ either....


    I know it's old, but this video makes me so happy. Imagine the poor person who made this, and was so excited to tweet it out.
    I know, right...a classic that never gets old. But it's not just a person who made and shared it: it is from the offical @ruston admission account...so it was approved by the school. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •