_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

Blog Entries

Default Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

Default Re: Notice Anything About This Recruiting Video?

They're bad dancers?

No rhythm whatsoever

The Twitter comments below are priceless

That it's over 2 years old?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    They're bad dancers?
    Well that's obvious, but you think could slide a few other ethnic groups in the video for a broader outreach to potential students.

I didn't realize Tech had so many spastic students

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    They're bad dancers?
    And they dressed the one black kid in a completely different outfit from the other kids?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And they dressed the one black kid in a completely different outfit from the other kids?
    I noticed that too. LOL!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I've been told and the statistics show that they don't actively recruit minority graduates outside of athletes. That last numbers I was able to look at showed UL had double the graduation rates of minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I've been told and the statistics show that they don't actively recruit minority graduates outside of athletes. That last numbers I was able to look at showed UL had double the graduation rates of minorities.
    No doubt.

Meanwhile, and contrast that to our long and very proud history on the subject:

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/...gregation-1954

Well that's obvious, but you think could slide a few other ethnic groups in the video for a broader outreach to potential students.
    Or they can over do it like a school I know really well has done in the past to make it look like Grambling south.
    Last edited by FacelessBuffoon; June 14th, 2018 at 01:01 pm. Reason: Really more so under Dr A tenure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Or they can over do it like a school I know really well has done in the past to make it look like Grambling south.
    I think the video is pretty lame, but it's doesn't look like they are making any great effort. This is why I mentioned that most of their black athletes hang out at Grambling on the weekend. This is no secret amongst recruits that have visited their campus. Outside of their football tradition and kicking our butts, they have little to nothing on UL. Perception matters and until we starting winning football games against them, they will always have an advantage.

I think the video is pretty lame, but it's doesn't look like they are making any great effort. This is why I mentioned that most of their black athletes hang out at Grambling on the weekend. This is no secret amongst recruits that have visited their campus. Outside of their football tradition and kicking our butts, they have little to nothing on UL. Perception matters and until we starting winning football games against them, they will always have an advantage.
    I am all for winning those games, but don't think they will schedule us any more,"as they would have everything to lose and nothing to gain". We really need to lock them out of south La in recruiting rather if we play or not. That should start right here in acadiana first.

Blog Entries

I am all for winning those games, but don't think they will schedule us any more,"as they would have everything to lose and nothing to gain". We really need to lock them out of south La in recruiting rather if we play or not. That should start right here in acadiana first.
    That's easier said than done. Outside of any head to head wins, upsets or SBC Championships Napier has his work cut out for him.

I thought this was what you were saying in the other thread. More often than not, you have to hit me in the head with something and even then I don't absorb it.

LCF's link is an incredible read. I've posted it on Faceplant a number of times and folks are kind of surprised at how the 50's transpired at SLI.

We will likely be Conference foes within a few years.

But then they couldn't make a video of terrible dancers

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    But then they couldn't make a video of terrible dancers
    I don't know the one black dude they made wear a different shirt can't dance for ____ either....

I know it's old, but this video makes me so happy. Imagine the poor person who made this, and was so excited to tweet it out.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I don't know the one black dude they made wear a different shirt can't dance for ____ either....

I know it's old, but this video makes me so happy. Imagine the poor person who made this, and was so excited to tweet it out.
    Lol...decent dancers need not apply

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post

I know, right...a classic that never gets old. But it's not just a person who made and shared it: it is from the offical @ruston admission account...so it was approved by the school. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast