2018- Boise State
    2019-Southern Miss
    2020- NC state
    2021- Liberty
    2025- Memphis
    2027- Miss State

1st time I will say this but Maggard needs to step his game up

Default Re: Troy's Future Home Football Schedule

Damn that's impressive...he definitely needs to be held accountable...

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Give him some time, but we're really not that far off from Troy's home schedule. Some of these games were scheduled under Farmer, but I'm sure Maggard can get some sort of an NC State type visit

2018- Boise State (Boise State came here in 2016)
    2019-Southern Miss (Rice coming here in 2025)
    2020- NC state
    2021- Liberty (Liberty coming here in 2019)
    2025- Memphis (Tulsa coming here in 2024)
    2027- Miss State (Home game {dome game} in 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Has Maggard been on the job for 23 years and keeps a repeating cycle of ups and downs in performance? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Has Maggard been on the job for 23 years and keeps a repeating cycle of ups and downs in performance? Asking for a friend.
    Nope...but been here a year and brings 20+ years of experience and contacts...does he need longer than a year to get settled in to book games 5 years away??...asking for myself...

Nope...but been here a year and brings 20+ years of experience and contacts...does he need longer than a year to get settled in to book games 5 years away??...asking for myself...
    I'd say he was doing more than just getting settled in his first year. I'd imagine cleaning up the mess that he inherited, having to hire two high profile coaches, and actually forming a business plan for the athletics department was a higher priority.

But go ahead and ____ on Maggard for this. I'm so sure he deserves it.

Not saying it has to be done tommrow but just a template of what other belt schools are doing

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Not saying it has to be done tommrow but just a template of what other belt schools are doing
    I'd be willing to bet a round of golf that we'll have a future P5 home game scheduled before the year is up.

He hasn't been here long. Give it some time.

Don't be surprised if you see the Missouri Tigers in Cajun Field. I think he also has deep relationships in the Big 12. I would love to have Texas Tech or Baylor at Cajun Field.

Texas Tech has been here before.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Jerry Baldwin's first home game as our head coach. Such a pleasant memory....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Yep, they had to forfeit that game to UL.

It was before the vacate rule.

I'd say he was doing more than just getting settled in his first year. I'd imagine cleaning up the mess that he inherited, having to hire two high profile coaches, and actually forming a business plan for the athletics department was a higher priority.

But go ahead and ____ on Maggard for this. I'm so sure he deserves it.
    First off......I never said he was doing a bad job...simply said he needs to be held accountable when it comes to scheduling...nothing more nothing less was said...but while we're talking about his job description.... should scheduling just get put on the back burner because we have other issues??...no multi-tasking can be done?...I don't know about the rest of you...but I am expected to juggle multiple hats in my role...

First off......I never said he was doing a bad job...simply said he needs to be held accountable when it comes to scheduling...nothing more nothing less was said...but while we're talking about his job description.... should scheduling just get put on the back burner because we have other issues??...no multi-tasking can be done?...I don't know about the rest of you...but I am expected to juggle multiple hats in my role...
    It's not on his back burner though. Scheduling is constantly happening. Just last week, a new home and home series announced. Even thought other possible scheduled games haven't been announced yet, doesn't mean the work isn't being done leading up to the announcement.

But let's talk about job descriptions. If a manager is aware of an employee continually showing a downward trend in his unit's production over several years, does the manager a) keep the status quo by continuing employment of the employee, b) reassign the employee with different duties within the company, c) terminate employment, or d) other course of action?

If that particular manager reports to a supervisor and the supervisor continues to see this downward trend, which could affect recurring revenues, and notices that the manager takes no action, what options does the supervisor have in that instance?

"I'd say he was doing more than just getting settled in his first year. I'd imagine cleaning up the mess that he inherited, having to hire two high profile coaches, and actually forming a business plan for the athletics department was a higher priority."
    It's not on his back burner though. Scheduling is constantly happening. Just last week, a new home and home series announced. Even thought other possible scheduled games haven't been announced yet, doesn't mean the work isn't being done leading up to the announcement.
    I admit...I don't have the best reading comprehension skills, but I'm confused...the first quote above you state all of these other things that Doc has had to worry about in year 1 of duties....which were all higher priorities than scheduling...then the second quote you give an explanation of all that was accomplished from a scheduling point and how he's constantly been working on it.... which is it? Has he had bigger fish to fry and needs more time as originally suggested by you...or has scheduling been a focus and just haven't landed/announced a big time OOC home schedule?

But let's talk about job descriptions. If a manager is aware of an employee continually showing a downward trend in his unit's production over several years, does the manager a) keep the status quo by continuing employment of the employee, b) reassign the employee with different duties within the company, c) terminate employment, or d) other course of action?

If that particular manager reports to a supervisor and the supervisor continues to see this downward trend, which could affect recurring revenues, and notices that the manager takes no action, what options does the supervisor have in that instance?
    I'd go with option c) terminate employee....only if said employee has had annual evaluations where he has been notified that production needs to be picked up....if no negative evaluation was given...I'd go with option d)other course of action...and give negative evaluation and a warning: schat or get off this pot

And here I thought scheduling a game in 2025 was ridiculous. Troy's working on 2027! Wonder what Maggard has up his sleeve for 2028. It better be good or we will all hold him accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    And here I thought scheduling a game in 2025 was ridiculous. Troy's working on 2027! Wonder what Maggard has up his sleeve for 2028. It better be good or we will all hold him accountable.
    Home and homes with Arkansas State and Texas State. They'll be in the P5 Big 14 Conference. We'll be in the Belt with McNeese, Sam Houston State and LA Tech.

Monroe will be DIII with no athletic scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    2018- Boise State
    2019-Southern Miss
    2020- NC state
    2021- Liberty
    2025- Memphis
    2027- Miss State

1st time I will say this but Maggard needs to step his game up
    Oh my, but little ole us can't expect to see any P5's at Cajun Field......right?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Oh my, but little ole us can't expect to see any P5's at Cajun Field......right?
    BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME. I think he is working on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast