_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NCAA Rule Changes

Default Re: NCAA Rule Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If a coach isn't "thinking about" it, they better.

Before now disgruntled players had a whole season to think about it.

Now they can transfer on a whim and the school has "2" days to comply.
    two business days, will be interesting to see the athletics departments "business schedule"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Yeah because schools don't contact kids now without permission 🙄. If a kid wants out he is out..if a kid doesn't want to be there why would a coach keep him there to be a cancer? This certainly will have Little to zero affect on us and mainly affect the SEC who is the biggest "blockers" of transferring in conference. They still have to sit out
    If they are not playing, they are already sitting out.

Coaches will address this nuance by playing more players than they have in the past.

If they are not playing, they are already sitting out.

Coaches will address this nuance by playing more players than they have in the past.
    the NCAA doesn't consider that sitting out. You transfer you sit...again.

Blog Entries

the NCAA doesn't consider that sitting out. You transfer you sit...again.
    This is all about what the players "consider" coaches will have to adjust.

If the player feels like he is "sitting out" he is sitting out with no expectation of change.

If he feels the grass is greener elsewhere he won't think twice about transferring and "officially" sitting out. He wants to play.

Coaches will play more players.

The future will prove my prediction wrong or right.

This is all about what the players "consider" coaches will have to adjust.

If the player feels like he is "sitting out" he is sitting out with no expectation of change.

If he feels the grass is greener elsewhere he won't think twice about transferring and "officially" sitting out. He wants to play.

Coaches will play more players.

The future will prove my prediction wrong or right.
    This is all about Nick Saban not wanting his 2nd string QB going to auburn and coming back to beat him..nothing else. You can go..but you going somewhere i don't have to see you. Nothing has changed except "permission to contact" which has always been BS and a school can't block you from going to another (their rival). This literally will have almost zero impact on the SBC...unlike allowing guys to play 1/3 of a season and still redshirt

Blog Entries

This is all about Nick Saban not wanting his 2nd string QB going to auburn and coming back to beat him..nothing else. You can go..but you going somewhere i don't have to see you. Nothing has changed except "permission to contact" which has always been BS and a school can't block you from going to another (their rival). This literally will have almost zero impact on the SBC...unlike allowing guys to play 1/3 of a season and still redshirt
    I never ranked or compared the two new rules, they will both be super impactful.

An immediately checkable database of available transfers is a game changer.

Coaches can never quit recruiting their already signed players. Keeping them happy is more important than ever.

More bench warners will see the field than ever before. Check the long term stats on teams that lose a lot of players.

I never ranked or compared the two new rules, they will both be super impactful.

An immediately checkable database of available transfers is a game changer.

Coaches can never quit recruiting their already signed players. Keeping them happy is more important than ever.

More bench warners will see the field than ever before. Check the long term stats on teams that lose a lot of players.
    I guess maybe if you assumed they played by the rules of "not allowed to contact." Any kid who wants to transfer, immediately reaches out to the 25 coaches that recruited him where he didn't sign...if a kids willing to sit there is always somebody willing to take him. Kind of like in the nfl they can't negotiate or contact FA's until free agency starts but the day it starts deals and contracts are done and signed within minutes. Weird how that happens. I still don't see how you think
    Coaches will start catering to disgruntled players who they don't think are good enough to play or aren't ready...at least anymore than they do now.

If a freshman plays a game or 3 and knows he wont get much playing time he can transfer immediately to another D1 school and get used to new team or go to D2 and play possibly start right away.
    Every sport I ever played I loved to play and hated riding the pine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    If a freshman plays a game or 3 and knows he wont get much playing time he can transfer immediately to another D1 school and get used to new team or go to D2 and play possibly start right away.
    Every sport I ever played I loved to play and hated riding the pine.
    This doesn't allow immediate eligibility to transfer . You lose those same kids now and if he has to go to fcs or d2 to get playing time, did you really lose anything? Or did you miss on a recruit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2