_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Nothing drastic will happen without results anyway. You can get a little bit of buy in...a whole lot of btchn but nothing will happen crazy bad or crazy good unless we win. The thing is, if you want to strike while the iron is hot, everything needs to be in place before the success or it's too late..like last time. You will never satisfy everyone and people will always complain
    About paying more for something they perceive as the same. Make the changes now and you are affecting less people. Go 9-3 and then try to change everything and people will complain they department is trying to take advantage of 1 good season. Put the changes in place, take your lumps and go win and everything else will take care of itself.
    Agreed. We can't keep lollygagging like we have in the past with no business model in place for the future.

2013-2014 was the perfect athletic year to get the ball rolling on implementing a perfect marketing strategy from ticket pricing to media deals. Instead, we sat on our hands and enjoyed the ride. For the first time in the history of our athletic program, we aren't "winging it."

Yes, we will lose some fans in the short term; but so be it. Even with this YRCC deal, it's not like we were already selling out our stadiums and arenas. I highly doubt attendance will now all of a sudden drop dramatically. But once again, I can't help but keep bringing up the fact that we have to stop leaving money on the table. Like CajunT always says, we are not a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Ha, nope. Family of 4 here...
    So you're a family of 4, but buying 10 tickets... back to my original reply to you...we're talking about families being able to afford tickets for their family...you're not the norm...out of curiosity, what do you do with 6 extra tickets??...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    So you're a family of 4, but buying 10 tickets... back to my original reply to you...we're talking about families being able to afford tickets for their family...you're not the norm...out of curiosity, what do you do with 6 extra tickets??...
    Not sure what relevance that has to this conversation. They get used.

Not sure what relevance that has to this conversation. They get used.
    Bc if they are for business/customers...it's not apples-to-apples to the YRCC topic....same if your father in-law or brother or sister uses them and pays you back...not apples-to-apples comparison to say Kid Rock who was counting on YRCC and is now having to factor in unexpected ticket cost for his family...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Bc if they are for business/customers...it's not apples-to-apples to the YRCC topic....same if your father in-law or brother or sister uses them and pays you back...not apples-to-apples comparison to say Kid Rock who was counting on YRCC and is now having to factor in unexpected ticket cost for his family...
    Neither situation applies. My point of bringing up was solely in response to the ticket prices being "too high". There have been several data points listed to prove that wrong. It's not a charity, it's a business. We didn't bring maggard in to keep doing the same things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    But do YRCC holders actually equal butts in seats, supporting the team, buying beer, helping the atmosphere? Or do they clutter the NEZ, walk areas and cause liability issues for the school by rolling down hills and trying to get on the field?
    Translation:
    "Get off my lawn" ... "and don't come back."

Neither situation applies. My point of bringing up was solely in response to the ticket prices being "too high". There have been several data points listed to prove that wrong. It's not a charity, it's a business. We didn't bring maggard in to keep doing the same things.
    agree with all above, we were complaining about being stuck in a rut with where this program is going. We finally have someone with a vision and with previous experience on how it's done and we put the brakes on and push back. I agree with the product not being up to par and also the competition not being up to par but it is what it is. We aren't going to grow unless we spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    agree with all above, we were complaining about being stuck in a rut with where this program is going. We finally have someone with a vision and with previous experience on how it's done and we put the brakes on and push back. I agree with the product not being up to par and also the competition not being up to par but it is what it is. We aren't going to grow unless we spend the money.
    Its just growing pains...... I wonder if old fans were ____ed when we left NCAA Division II for D1 or when we left the Southland Conference

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    One of the few flaws within our fan base:

We want to become the next TCU by using the McNeese model. Doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    One of the few flaws within our fan base:

We want to become the next TCU by using the McNeese model. Doesn't work like that.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. I don't follow McNeese, but I'm pretty sure we have not run our program like there's in many years. Some of y'all act like we as fans have been coasting along while enjoying UL athletics on the cheap. Let me let you in on something, if you are buying season tickets and giving to RCAF you are not getting off cheep. Know who gets off cheap? The people who don't buy season tickets. They have access to everything we have as long as they know someone who does buy tickets and donates.

The problem as I have stated ad nauseam is that you are trying to make people pay above market rate for a product in low demand. Want to jack up parking? Great. You weren't even close to filling your pay lots before. Add more and see even less people use it. Want to add surcharges or extra cost to season tickets? Fine by me, but just expect people to not buy them when they know they get a great ticket for any event they want at below what the person paid for it.
    To make matters worse constantly ripping off your fans makes them angry and have zero patience. I think this site over the past few years is exhibit A of that phenomenon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun
    ... To make matters worse, constantly ripping ON your fans makes them angry and have zero patience. I think this site over the past few years is exhibit A of that phenomenon.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. I don't follow McNeese, but I'm pretty sure we have not run our program like there's in many years. Some of y'all act like we as fans have been coasting along while enjoying UL athletics on the cheap. Let me let you in on something, if you are buying season tickets and giving to RCAF you are not getting off cheep. Know who gets off cheap? The people who don't buy season tickets. They have access to everything we have as long as they know someone who does buy tickets and donates.

The problem as I have stated ad nauseam is that you are trying to make people pay above market rate for a product in low demand. Want to jack up parking? Great. You weren't even close to filling your pay lots before. Add more and see even less people use it. Want to add surcharges or extra cost to season tickets? Fine by me, but just expect people to not buy them when they know they get a great ticket for any event they want at below what the person paid for it.
    To make matters worse constantly ripping off your fans makes them angry and have zero patience. I think this site over the past few years is exhibit A of that phenomenon.
    I use the McNeese comparison with a little bit of jest. What I'm trying to emphasize is that we want to be the next big new kid on the block, but then we complain when we have to make the changes necessary to make it happen. The parking complaints a few years ago solidifies my argument there. The money received from the cost of parking is able to pay for things like coaches salaries and facility enhancements. It increases our athletic budget as well.

The fact of the matter is that we are implementing strategies now that the rest of the collegiate athletic world has been doing already for years. Look at some of those numbers that Lannister posted a few posts ago with what our peers charge for season tickets. We are still one of the cheapest, AND we get package deals to go with it.

Right now, our athletic department and fan base is going through a transition process on the way we think and the way we do things. No more "that's the way we do things around here." It's time to join the rest of the collegiate world and do things right.

Cost of Season tickets for fellow sunbelt members (including donation fees required to purchase 1 season ticket in our section B )

Appalachian State University $225

Arkansas State University $260

Coastal Carolina University $207

Georgia Southern University $425

Georgia State University $200

University of Louisiana $194

ULM $105

South Alabama* $220

Texas State University $340

Troy University $200

^^^^^^^^ So we are second to last to ULM

Leaving.....money......on......the.......table

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ So we are second to last to ULM

Leaving.....money......on......the.......table
    I guess we need to double the rates so that we can be second!!!!!!!

I'm certain that doubling the rate will create a perception that the fan is getting more and send season ticket sales sky rocketing.

We just can't continue to pack the stadium with these low prices. Perception will be real. Progress cost $$$$$. Let's go get'm.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

I'm certain that doubling the rate will create a perception that the fan is getting more and send season ticket sales sky rocketing.

We just can't continue to pack the stadium with these low prices. Perception will be real. Progress cost $$$$$. Let's go get'm.
    It's hard to have vision for the future with our current model because we are just coming off a dumpster fire of a football season last year. The key to all of this is winning. If Napier and his staff show an improved, competitive product on the field; people will come.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

No, but people complaining about ticket prices need to take a look a what other schools are charging....We have it dam good here.

Did ticket prices go up? Or just 13-16 year olds now require an actual ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Did ticket prices go up? Or just 13-16 year olds now require an actual ticket?
    13-16 year olds will be required to buy a ticket

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast