_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 173

Thread: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The AD is forcing fans to make a commitment to winning by paying higher fees to attend games. Meaning higher expectations will be put on the coaches and that's just good for business ( except for Corner Bar)
    Accountability has been a word thrown around quite a bit recently on this site....the AD will learn about accountability real soon when attendance sucks b/c prices are high AND the visiting teams are Podunk University...yet asking everyone to pay as if they're rolling in low level P5 teams on a consistent basis...

    (For the record...I purchase tickets for my small children b/c I don't want to have to worry about sitting on my wife and I's lap...however, I am probably the minority)...

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I agree, just don't be surprised if you see decreasing attendance. Right now we are a little upside down where the cost is too high for the product being delivered.
    This we can agree on.
    But there little changes are the precursor.
    We need to now A) WIN and B) improve our peer pool.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Accountability has been a word thrown around quite a bit recently on this site....the AD will learn about accountability real soon when attendance sucks b/c prices are high AND the visiting teams are Podunk University...yet asking everyone to pay as if they're rolling in low level P5 teams on a consistent basis...

    (For the record...I purchase tickets for my small children b/c I don't want to have to worry about sitting on my wife and I's lap...however, I am probably the minority)...
    I just bought 10 season tickets on the first level for less than $1k. Get out of here.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    My son is 6 now and we got a football season ticket for him when my wife was pregnant. A seat next to us come available and I didn't want to have to find three empty seats for my family to sit in.

    What do you guys with a kids pass do? Do you just buy the cheapest tickets and look for empty seats?


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,148

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    And don't forget the McDondsld's deal..


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I just bought 10 season tickets on the first level for less than $1k. Get out of here.
    So you think your situation is the norm?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,136

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Accountability has been a word thrown around quite a bit recently on this site....the AD will learn about accountability real soon when attendance sucks b/c prices are high AND the visiting teams are Podunk University...yet asking everyone to pay as if they're rolling in low level P5 teams on a consistent basis...

    (For the record...I purchase tickets for my small children b/c I don't want to have to worry about sitting on my wife and I's lap...however, I am probably the minority)...
    So I pay $180 for my football ticket at USM it would be $270 with an OCS of ULM & Jackson State. We are still below the universities we want to associate ourselves with



    At North Texas it would cost me $325 a ticket

    Rice $625

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    So you think you're situation is the norm?
    What situation? Those prices are not astronomical in any sense.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    What situation? Those prices are not astronomical in any sense.
    I agree prices aren't astronomical...I have multiple tickets in multiple sports...but for the non-diehard fans that we NEED to attract...how many families do you think can afford to drop $1k on tickets...for EACH sport?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    So I pay $180 for my football ticket at USM it would be $270 with an OCS of ULM & Jackson State. We are still below the universities we want to associate ourselves with



    At North Texas it would cost me $325 a ticket

    Rice $625
    I paid $600+ for my 3 first level seats...and our home schedule is garbage compared to those schools mentioned...

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Shocker...I am trying to log into my ticket account to verify the amount I paid...and ragincajuns.com isn't working....


  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    So I pay $180 for my football ticket at USM it would be $270 with an OCS of ULM & Jackson State. We are still below the universities we want to associate ourselves with



    At North Texas it would cost me $325 a ticket

    Rice $625
    They should charge more. They are in a better conference. Also, all these schools attendance is putrid. Rice cost is stupid. That is way more than my Saints season tickets. On a cost per game NTexas is what my Saints tickets are. G5 college football has lost its mind. There product is not good enough to justify those prices.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,136

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I paid $600+ for my 3 first level seats...and our home schedule is garbage compared to those schools mentioned...
    Our tickets are much cheaper because of it but Old Dominion and Charlotte are about the same as ULM and Texas State in my book

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I paid $600+ for my 3 first level seats...and our home schedule is garbage compared to those schools mentioned...
    For me, this is the one and only true concern. If you're asking your customers to pay a premium while your business improves s product, the pay off better be outstanding. We need to demonstrate major progression in a short period of time, competively speaking, and then drastically improve the kind of institutions we associate ourselves with. That is the only way this model will work and last.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For me, this is the one and only true concern. If you're asking your customers to pay a premium while your business improves s product, the pay off better be outstanding. We need to demonstrate major progression in a short period of time, competively speaking, and then drastically improve the kind of institutions we associate ourselves with. That is the only way this model will work and last.
    I agree...I also understand Doc Maggard has only been here a short time and can not change the schedules immediately being they are set years in advance...my biggest concern is the casual fans not buying into the program before until getting results...I believe majority of us here understand the investment and how it is crucial to the advancement of our athletic program...but to the casual fans...they will not see it the same...that's just reality...

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I agree prices aren't astronomical...I have multiple tickets in multiple sports...but for the non-diehard fans that we NEED to attract...how many families do you think can afford to drop $1k on tickets...for EACH sport?
    You don't need to drop $1k on tickets unless you have a family of 10+. That's my point.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    You don't need to drop $1k on tickets unless you have a family of 10+. That's my point.
    Dang, Pimpin'....you and mrs. rage need to get a TV!....

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Nothing drastic will happen without results anyway. You can get a little bit of buy in...a whole lot of btchn but nothing will happen crazy bad or crazy good unless we win. The thing is, if you want to strike while the iron is hot, everything needs to be in place before the success or it's too late..like last time. You will never satisfy everyone and people will always complain
    About paying more for something they perceive as the same. Make the changes now and you are affecting less people. Go 9-3 and then try to change everything and people will complain they department is trying to take advantage of 1 good season. Put the changes in place, take your lumps and go win and everything else will take care of itself.


  19. #119
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,235

    Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I paid $600+ for my 3 first level seats...and our home schedule is garbage compared to those schools mentioned...
    USM lower bowl tickets are $220 each without the foundation donation, and their out of conference schedule is Grambling and ULM.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Dang, Pimpin'....you and mrs. rage need to get a TV!....
    Ha, nope. Family of 4 here...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •