_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

I'm in support of lowering the age. But i think I might have done it differently. I would have extended it while the kids were still in middle school and cut it off when they reach HS. That would have made it 13 or 14.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Wrong. Selling a ticket for peanuts tells your consumer what you (the seller) think of your own product. You create demand by setting the bar and delivering a good product. Step one is setting the bar. Step two, WIN.
    I'll wade in here. I think you have it backwards. The bigtime programs won first then created all the revenue generating vehicles. Because we have never been relevant in football, we will have to buy our way to respectability and hope we can change our losing culture. It remains to be seen if loyal Cajun fans will buy into this new model.

Btw, I like the change. I never used the passes, but I'm glad they are there for people. 13 seems right because that is the age parents start dropping their kids off at events without them being there. The parents just need to give their kids some $ to get in and buy some nachos. Just like they would do if they dropped them off at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    So what your saying is we're really not attractive when it comes to conference realignment...that we'll probably be 3rd option behind Tech and Tulane?....
    Not at all. My comments are from historical happenings. Tech Brand was more valuable than our brand, up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Parents still have a 10ish year window to get their kids in for a very small value to get them hooked on UL sports. After age 12, the cost of admission goes up for them.
    Exactly. Parents, if you can't get your kid interested in RC sports in a decade, your kid isn't interested in sports. Your money is better spent elsewhere anyway, and we'll try again when they get to school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Do you have actual data to back up those claims? How many YRCC passes are actually purchased? How many in the 13-16 year old range?
    The smaller the number the the less argument against it.

The value is in the tag along growth.

1 single solitary fan added in year one, and doubled every year is 32,000 fans in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I'll wade in here. I think you have it backwards. The bigtime programs won first then created all the revenue generating vehicles. Because we have never been relevant in football, we will have to buy our way to respectability and hope we can change our losing culture. It remains to be seen if loyal Cajun fans will buy into this new model.
    We don't have the luxury of time. It's now or never. Hence th aggressive approach.

My business thought on this. Very likely it's not making a ton of money or really increasing attendance that much. Scrap it now and you won't have an uproar from a larger group later.

Exactly. Parents, if you can't get your kid interested in RC sports in a decade, your kid isn't interested in sports. Your money is better spent elsewhere anyway, and we'll try again when they get to school.
    I just feel like a butt in the seat is better than an empty seat. Until our stadiums are full, I say get them in there any way possible.
    Big Worm likes to say, "the first one is free, but the second one is gonna cost you". You need to set the hook when they're young.

We don't have the luxury of time. It's now or never. Hence th aggressive approach.
    I agree, just don't be surprised if you see decreasing attendance. Right now we are a little upside down where the cost is too high for the product being delivered.

I wade in here. I think you have it backwards. The bigtime programs won first then created all the revenue generating vehicles. Because we have never been relevant in football, we will have to buy our way to respectability and hope we can change our losing culture. It remains to be seen if loyal Cajun fans will buy into this new model.
    The AD is forcing fans to make a commitment to winning by paying higher fees to attend games. Meaning higher expectations will be put on the coaches and that's just good for business ( except for Corner Bar)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    My business thought on this. Very likely it's not making a ton of money or really increasing attendance that much. Scrap it now, and you won't have an uproar from a larger group later.
    Yep, I would like to know the actual number of teens from the ages of 13-16 using this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The smaller the number the the less argument against it.

The value is in the tag along growth.

1 single solitary fan added in year one, and doubled every year is 32,000 fans in 15 years.
    It is amazing the opposition to keeping it as it was with absolutely no data. It's not full price so lets kill it!!!!

All things are not equal. Each opportunity should be evaluated with the facts and the negatives and benefits weighed. Same as with the car show and mardi gras. The operative factors, benefits and drawbacks are not always shown on the face of the issue. Some good things happen behind the curtains. We need money and we need fans. Sometimes money should win out, sometimes increase fans in the stands should win out.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I just feel like a butt in the seat is better than an empty seat. Until our stadiums are full, I say get them in there any way possible.
    Big Worm likes to say, "the first one is free, but the second one is gonna cost you". You need to set the hook when they're young.
    They can still be hooked when they are young. That's the point here. The program still exists for ages 2-12. 10 years is plenty of time to get them hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The AD is forcing fans to make a commitment to winning by paying higher fees to attend games. Meaning higher expectations will be put on the coaches and that's just good for business ( except for Corner Bar)
    Obviously. But there is no winning as of yet. I hate to bring up LSU because, ya know...I'm there biggest fan, but they didn't starting bleeding their fans dry until Saban got there and was winning big. We are bleeding people dry and have little to show for it. I'm not blaming Maggard...he has no other choice. It just kind of stinks that we have to pay like we are in the AAC when we are nowhere close to being in the AAC.

Obviously. But there is no winning as of yet. I hate to bring up LSU because, ya know...I'm there biggest fan, but they didn't starting bleeding their fans dry until Saban got there and was winning big. We are bleeding people dry and have little to show for it. I'm not blaming Maggard...he has no other choice. It just kind of stinks that we have to pay like we are in the AAC when we are nowhere close to being in the AAC.
    We are actually paying close to the same price as Southern Miss , Rice , North Texans... We were shortchanging our program for so many years because the leadership really just did not give a ____

Blog Entries

A graduated model as opposed to a drop off the cliff model is the right model.

Here is my super crude model.

Preschool = free
    6-12 = current YRCC
    13- through high school costs more.
    University student costs more still.
    Recent Graduates, current new deal.
    Everyone else regardless of age, market value.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    My business thought on this. Very likely it's not making a ton of money or really increasing attendance that much. Scrap it now and you won't have an uproar from a larger group later.
    This is also a very good point.

For football & basketball ^

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    But do YRCC holders actually equal butts in seats, supporting the team, buying beer, helping the atmosphere? Or do they clutter the NEZ, walk areas and cause liability issues for the school by rolling down hills and trying to get on the field?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast