_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    https://ragincajuns.com/sports/2012/...ns%20Club.aspx

12 is a good cutoff age but do think there should be a cheaper ticket option for 13-16 Future Ragin Cajun Club and again for 21-25 young alumni
    This.

I've been saying for a few months now that it's time to start maximizing our revenues. I'll agree that the Young Ragin' Cajuns Club is great for bringing our younger fans some awareness about Ragin' Cajun athletics, but to have this deal until the age of 16 is a little too high IMHO. The cutoff age of 12 is more than enough.

I understand times are tight. I understand that ticket prices have increased. But here's the kicker........this is what it takes to be a big time school. Ten years ago, some of us were complaining that we had to have a parking pass to park inside of the Cajun Field parking lot. "Oh no! How am I going to pay extra for a parking pass? This is ridiculous! I remember when I could park right next to stadium for free 15 minutes before kickoff." Well, we survived that and we will survive this small change. Again, I brought it up with the car show. We can't keep leaving money off of the table if we want to go where we want to go in the grand scheme of things.

Kid Cajun, I understand the struggle right now, man. I really do. Trust me. I went through it with my career just a few years ago. It stinks. Just ride this one out with us. If there is one thing I give credit to Dr. Maggard for, it's the fact that his end game is 5-10 years down the line. We have never had that type of leadership before. It's new to us. Sometimes, newness is scary. But like you said, we are all in this together. It might be time to face the changes together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We won't need season ticket holders if we dont maximize our revenue now and seize what little opportunity we have left in the grand scheme of collegiate athletics. Maggard knows this, hence the changes. Major and minor.
    This is a tough one...on one hand I agree with kevin and kid...and on the other I see your point about free product and growing...however you've mentioned for us to look around and see no one else is doing this...well you're right...when I look around none of our peers have a program like the YRCC and our attendance is something we brag about routinely and the support our fans show towards a G5 program isn't matched by anyone of our peers...so why change what we're doing when a) we're in top % of G5 and b) we still have plenty of spare seats to spare for this program...I'll hang up and listen...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

If you are running it like a business then you have a tight rope to walk. You cannot continue to sell your product at a loss but you also cannot raise prices until the demand for your product is high.

High demand is not the case here. Maybe a case can be made for baseball and possibly softball but football and basketball, not much demand in those arenas.

Selling a ticket too cheap is better than not selling it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    Mr. Town,

We do not sell out in any game.

For any post season the card does not work.

We need these young kids going back to tell the non young Cajun fan this was awesome come with me next time.

We need the dads of the non Cajun fan to say damm my kid wants to go then I need to go with him next time.

Never in my time as being a Ragin Cajun fan have I seen in any sport that the kid with a Ragin Cajun card not have a place to sit.

Never in my time as a Cajun fan have I ever seen a more stupid policy.

Why? What do you gain by doing this?

You think it will increase season tickets?

To say well everyone else does it this way is not acceptable, we are not everyone else.

Now I will pick and choose what football games to go to and just by the McDonald's pack and go; where before we were season ticket holders.
    Hell, we need to do everything we can to fill Cajun Field and the Cajundome. I'd even go as far as giving free tickets to all the local high school students on Fridays to games that are woefully undersold. We NEED to generate new fans. It starts with the kids, and like KID said, kids bring their folks, folks bring money. It's not that hard to understand.

Default Re: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

I also agree that 12 is a acceptable cut off age. its almost impossible to make rules for everyone to be happy about. we are all in different situations in life and are always changing.

for the ones who are saying the kids are our future group of fans, I say we have 12 years to get them pulled in at a lower price by the way. from age 13-16, those teenage years, them becoming fans will depend on just about everything other than price(winning, popularity, friends etc). just think about the things these kids want today, and how much they cost. most parents find a way to get their babies whatever they want anyway. very unfortunately for some families, this may be too big a change and have to make adjustments to what events they will come to during those 4 years. however, big picture, I think its the right move.

fanof71 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

It all gets back to if you want a big time football program, you've got to pay for a big time program...and act like you've got a big time program..MAT is right, other programs don't do a youth program, they don't want to turn the home field into a large daycare.
    One item that may help is to drop any general admission ticket service charge, that's just insane, your going to a game, not a U2 concert...

Blog Entries

Trying to diminish the Young Ragin' Cajuns Club is for the birds.

Over the past 15 years Louisiana leads the country in attendance per millions spent.

YRCC is a huge part of that.

In this instance don't change its value, by asking the red herring question of whether or not the silver spoonbills are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    If you are running it like a business then you have a tight rope to walk. You cannot continue to sell your product at a loss but you also cannot raise prices until the demand for your product is high.

High demand is not the case here. Maybe a case can be made for baseball and possibly softball but football and basketball, not much demand in those arenas.

Selling a ticket too cheap is better than not selling it at all.
    Wrong. Selling a ticket for peanuts tells your consumer what you (the seller) think of your own product. You create demand by setting the bar and delivering a good product. Step one is setting the bar. Step two, WIN.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Over the past 15 years Louisiana leads the country in attendance per millions spent.

In this instance don't change its value, by asking the red herring question of whether or not the silver spoonbills are doing it.
    Oh Turbine, you know that now we are big time, we will not let one piece of athletic product be sold for less than max revenue. No matter how much sense and what additional collateral value it may bring to the program, we will now go down in flames if every possible dollar is not maximized. Haven't you been reading the posts by the smarts lately. There is absolutely no room anymore for reasonable evaluation and certainly no leeway for deviation from that concept no matter how much business sense it may make. We are a business and any analysis that does not result in max prices for all products just will not fly at this university anymore. 🤔🤔🤔

Tell your 13-16 year olds to get out in the neighborhood and mow some lawns. Do some yard cleanup. Umpire some little league games. Sell some old stuff online.

There are plenty of ways to make a few bucks for Cajun Athletics.

Attendance per millions spent... what does that even tell us and where does "leading the country" in that stat get us?

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Hell, we need to do everything we can to fill Cajun Field and the Cajundome. I'd even go as far as giving free tickets to all the local high school students on Fridays to games that are woefully undersold. We NEED to generate new fans. It starts with the kids, and like KID said, kids bring their folks, folks bring money. It's not that hard to understand.
    Local, you've been on fire lately, but I have to disagree with you here. The act of giving away our product, devalues our product.

Not to mention, it's a very small time thing to do. Something McNeese would do. Why doesn't LaNech or LSUA&MBR give away tickets? They are not selling out non-conference games...

Local, you've been on fire lately, but I have to disagree with you here. The act of giving away our product, devalues our product.

Not to mention, it's a very small time thing to do. Something McNeese would do. Why doesn't LaNech or LSUA&MBR give away tickets? They are not selling out non-conference games...
    Sorry MAT...but having tarps covering seats because your attendance is so low does not add value to your product...

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

. . .Why doesn't LaNech or LSUA&MBR give away tickets? They are not selling out non-conference games...
    Now you have come full circle. You trash these two universities until you are blue in the face, now you want to be like them!!!!!!

And what proof do you have that in NO instances are there any promotions run by either of these two universities where athletic product is offered and below face value?

Blog Entries

Wrong. Selling a ticket for peanuts tells your consumer what you (the seller) think of your own product. You create demand by setting the bar and delivering a good product. Step one is setting the bar. Step two, WIN.
    Step one is getting people through the turnstile bar.

Free in sports is never the answer, but perceived deal is always the answer.

Google gave away free search so they could sell advertising. Sports can not do that, but it can still make itself attractive to the initial wallet.

Getting people through the door is Priority One-A, monetizing (not gouging) is priority one-B

Do you have actual data to back up those claims? How many YRCC passes are actually purchased? How many in the 13-16 year old range?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Sorry MAT...but having tarps covering seats because your attendance is so low does not add value to your product...
    Yet they are in a better conference, attract better athletes, have a better history, big base of alumni that support, better TV contract, and better overall valuation than we do... hmmm

Kids still get in free...teenagers no longer do

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Kids still get in free...teenagers no longer do
    Parents still have a 10ish year window to get their kids in for a very small value to get them hooked on UL sports. After age 12, the cost of admission goes up for them.

Yet they are in a better conference, attract better athletes, have a better history, big base of alumni that support, better TV contract, and better overall valuation than we do... hmmm
    So what your saying is we're really not attractive when it comes to conference realignment...that we'll probably be 3rd option behind Tech and Tulane?....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast