_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 173

Thread: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Rock, I can't see your comment, but I meant no disrespect. I'm just kicking Victoria around. Fairly standard operating procedure. I hope you can figure it out and make peace with the change. Hope you guys don't have to miss games.

    Fact of the matter is, it's good business my man. We're all going to get a little uncomfortable on this ride.
    Funny thing is businesses do not run off loyal fans and family.

    Or should I say loyal Paying fans and family.

    We are all in this together, but you have to have a stopping point and at least make this affordable for me.

    I want to support this university like everyone else on this page or we would not be on here.

    But this is a a bad move for people who are financially strained due to the low oil economy.

    We are family let's leave the kids out of the financial calculator is all I am asking.

    And that was the reason for starting the post was for my kids!!!!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Rock, I can't see your comment, but I meant no disrespect. I'm just kicking Victoria around. Fairly standard operating procedure. I hope you can figure it out and make peace with the change. Hope you guys don't have to miss games.

    Fact of the matter is, it's good business my man. We're all going to get a little uncomfortable on this ride.
    Oh Mattie, jousted with Mr. CajunVic again and as usual got put in your place. It was a pleasure again.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    Mr. Town,

    We do not sell out in any game.

    For any post season the card does not work.

    We need these young kids going back to tell the non young Cajun fan this was awesome come with me next time.

    We need the dads of the non Cajun fan to say damm my kid wants to go then I need to go with him next time.

    Never in my time as being a Ragin Cajun fan have I seen in any sport that the kid with a Ragin Cajun card not have a place to sit.

    Never in my time as a Cajun fan have I ever seen a more stupid policy.

    Why? What do you gain by doing this?

    You think it will increase season tickets?

    To say well everyone else does it this way is not acceptable, we are not everyone else.

    Now I will pick and choose what football games to go to and just by the McDonald's pack and go; where before we were season ticket holders.
    I'm not saying you're nuts in your thought process. Im just saying, you have the wrong thought process.

    Not having a place to sit is irrelevant. The value of attendance has to be set somewhere. You can't continue to give away the product for almost free. It's just bad business. At what other event around town do teenagers get in for free, for a full year of attendance? Have you ever gone to Kart Ranch or Sky Zone and said "Hey, this place isn't packed. I'm not paying full price to be entertained by your establishment". They'd laugh you out of the place.

    Also, if YRCC was so integral to recruiting fans, where the hell are all of our fans??? The program has been going on for a long time. By your logic, we should be packed to the brim. And if it's so successful, why don't more people know about it? And why doesn't every G5 school offer a similar program?

    We have small-timed our way into college football purgatory long enough. The cost is the cost and that's how it should be. IMO.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Oh Mattie, jousted with Mr. CajunVic again and as usual got put in your place. It was a pleasure again.
    Ha.. Yea, that's what happened..

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    Funny thing is businesses do not run off loyal fans and family.

    Or should I say loyal Paying fans and family.

    We are all in this together, but you have to have a stopping point and at least make this affordable for me.

    I want to support this university like everyone else on this page or we would not be on here.

    But this is a a bad move for people who are financially strained due to the low oil economy.

    We are family let's leave the kids out of the financial calculator is all I am asking.

    And that was the reason for starting the post was for my kids!!!!
    I get all of that, but at 13, the kids are teenagers. Maybe we pass on the $130 Nike Air's and instead opt for the $70 Adidas' and BOOM, season ticket paid for.

    Whatever the case, people make time and money for what they really want to do. I'm confident you'll figure something out.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Kevin, you're exaclty correct. It is a business. College sports is a multi-million dollar industry. And it's time we run our business like the rest of the country.
    Most if not all businesses run loss leaders, promotional discounts and/or enhancement programs. Each directly effect the price received for a given item (ticket price for event) with some expectation of an indirect benefit to the business from running the loss leader, promotional discount or enhancement program. It's business and any good business would re-evaluate the collateral benefits that may come against the lost ticket price and decide if it's good for the business to continue, change or abort the program. Many points were made in this thread to suggest that maybe a re-evaluation is in order.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Most if not all businesses run loss leaders, promotional discounts and/or enhancement programs. Each directly effect the price received for a given item (ticket price for eve,t) with some expectation of an indirect benefit to the business from running the loss leader, promotional discount or enhancement programs. It's business and any good business would re-evaluate the collateral benefits that may come against the lost ticket price and decided he if it's good for the business to continue, change or abort the program. Many pooints were made in this thread to suggest that maybe a re-evaluation is in order.
    Or maybe the evaluation lead to the decision.. Which would be my vote.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Remember all of y'all. These kids are our future of season ticket holders. I'm the spitting image of one


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
    Remember all of y'all. These kids are our future of season ticket holders. I'm the spitting image of one
    We won't need season ticket holders if we dont maximize our revenue now and seize what little opportunity we have left in the grand scheme of collegiate athletics. Maggard knows this, hence the changes. Major and minor.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
    Remember all of y'all. These kids are our future of season ticket holders. I'm the spitting image of one
    That does not fit MAT's agenda so I'm sure you will get some type of demeaning response. Otherwise he ineffectively keeps all of those for me as this exact point was made in my initial post on the issue.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That does not fit MAT's agenda so I'm sure you will get some type of demeaning response. Otherwise he ineffectively keeps all of those for me as this exact point was made in my initial post on the issue.
    Now I have an agenda.. 🙄
    Victoria, get your ugly rest and try again tomorrow.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,875
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
    Remember all of y'all. These kids are our future of season ticket holders. I'm the spitting image of one
    True, but they are not going to be Cajun fans in the future just because they were allowed to get cheaper tickets up to age 16. It's more about winning traditions and accomplishments in the arena of athletics. Wanting to be part of the Culture is the by product of success, not just because it became a family tradition. Again, I believe eventually fans will have to decide for themselves what is enough when it comes to the cost of tickets, fees and parking. In the mean time, I think some of you guys need to get together and request a meeting with Dr. Maggard to express your concerns. JMO

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We won't need season ticket holders if we dont maximize our revenue now and seize what little opportunity we have left in the grand scheme of collegiate athletics. Maggard knows this, hence the changes. Major and minor.
    The initial argument you put out inferred that anywhere from 40% to 100% of season ticket holders use this benefit. If that is the case only an idiot would risk making this change. That is obviously not the case so you moved to step two. Nothing you have provided demonstrates how this program depresses the maximization of revenues. You can't have it both ways.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The initial argument you put out inferred that anywhere from 40% to 100% of season ticket holders use this benefit. If that is the case only an idiot would risk making this change. That is obviously not the case to you moved to step two. Nothing you have provided demonstrates how this program depresses the maximization of revenues. You can't have it both ways.
    Wrong again Vickie

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Now I have an agenda.. 🙄
    Victoria, get your ugly rest and try again tomorrow.
    Mattie, "Now" is not the appropriate word. You always have an agenda.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Wrong again Vickie
    You go boy, 100% rock solid, Harrison as starting QB, and I could go on and on. Give yourself a break and allow others to at least put out a point of view and you will not constantly end up with the short straw. Just a little suggestion.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You go boy, 100% rock solid, Harrison as starting QB, and I could go on and on. Give yourself a break and allow others to at least put out a point of view and you will not constantly end up with the short straw. Just a little suggestion.
    No one is taking suggestions from you, slack jaw. You say the same tired BS over and over.

    Daily reminder, I own you. Sleep tight.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No one is taking suggestions from you, slack jaw. You say the same tired BS over and over.

    Daily reminder, I own you. Sleep tight.
    YEA RIGHT, Mr Legand in his own mind.

    Another one down.

    Hope you are ok.

    Until next time.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    https://ragincajuns.com/sports/2012/...ns%20Club.aspx

    12 is a good cutoff age but do think there should be a cheaper ticket option for 13-16 Future Ragin Cajun Club and again for 21-25 young alumni


  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    True, but they are not going to be Cajun fans in the future just because they were allowed to get cheaper tickets up to age 16. It's more about winning traditions and accomplishments in the arena of athletics. Wanting to be part of the Culture is the by product of success, not just because it became a family tradition. Again, I believe eventually fans will have to decide for themselves what is enough when it comes to the cost of tickets, fees and parking. In the mean time, I think some of you guys need to get together and request a meeting with Dr. Maggard to express your concerns. JMO
    T, I believe you are spot on. Also, I feel quite confident that Dr. Maggard reads everything that is posted on this board and while this is certainly not a source for advice for him (that he ever would or should admit) he is a very smart man and any rational argument, evaluation or point that is made could and in some instances does peak his curiosity and is considered by him in the big picture of making an evaluation on the subject.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •