_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Ragin' Cajuns Club Details Unveiled for 2018-19

Default Re: Young Ragin Cajun Card

Sorry Dr. Maggard missed the boat on this one.

Kids bring adults!

Adults bring money!!

I realize UL Basketball is under the Cajundome umbrella, but $4 per water. Really. That will attract fans and family outings geniuses. (Just bought a case at the grocery for $3) Don't plan on going to basketball unless you eat before. Can't afford w wife and 3 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Not too sure that this change was well thought out. While I understand that the focus is bringing in the most dollars, will this change really bend the needle on net dollars in and will it do so enough to be worth taking away the benefits of leaving it as is.

1. These young'ns are our future. Having them buy in at an early age could be a very valuable annuity in the long run.

2. Get them to be Cajuns when they are young and there is a much better chance you will get them to attend college as a Cajun. If they were hooked on athletics before they got to college, surely there is a much better chance they will attend athletic functions when they are college students.

3. In all practicality, most people that can afford tickets for their 13 - 16 yr old kids probably don't use the program anyhow. So, you may be getting more young'ns in the seats and making more money by keeping it as it is.

4. Why make changes that may restrict attendance commencing at the formative ages when kids start the decision process on where they may attend college?

Maybe this should be reconsidered.
    No, it shouldn't. 2-16 is a ridiculous window.
    Even when we used the YRCC, I always thought the customer was getting too good of a deal.

If a family has 2 kids ages 13-16 and they all go to 80% of the events, and you repeat that with 6000 families, the athletic department is ripping itself off.

CajunVic you are the man!

Do you guys ever stop and ask yourselves WHY other programs don't do the things we do here?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Do you guys ever stop and ask yourself WHY other programs don't do the things we do here?
    We can't change things around here. We are comfortable.

Do you guys ever stop and ask yourself WHY other programs don't do the things we do here?
    It truly is baffling...

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

No, it shouldn't. 2-16 is a ridiculous window.
    Even when we used the YRCC, I always thought the customer was getting too good of a deal.

If a family has 3 kids ages 13-16 and they all go to 80% of the events, and you repeat that with 6000 families, the athletic department is ripping itself off.
    One would be a genius with this program if they could get 6000 families participating. That would more than double the attendance at most all Cajun athletic events. It would create a respectable crowd for football. Wow, MAT being a smarta-z-z has solved our attendance problems with one post.

While I believe the analysis is silly, if that is what happens, then you figure out price points to monopolize on the interest that has been created. However, I am quite sure that this program is not nearly utilized to this extent, but it is probably creating interest in instances when it would not otherwise be affordable and we need fans in all sports.

One would be a genius with this program if they could get 6000 families participating. That would more than double the attendance at most all Cajun athletic events. It would create a respectable crowd for football. Wow, MAT being a smarta-z-z has solved our attendance problems with one post.

While I believe the analysis is silly, if that is what happens, then you figure out price points to monopolize on the interest that has been created. However, I am quite sure that this program is not nearly utilized to this extent, but it is probably creating interest in instances when it would not otherwise be affordable and we need fans in all sports.
    So presenting math is now being a smartass to you?

3000 families for football
    1000 for baseball & softball
    1000 for basketball & women's b-ball
    1000 for all other events combined

That's unreasonable to you?

Also, if the program is not being used to it's full potential, shaving off 4 qualifying years won't effect that many people anyway...

Blog Entries

I never used it. I always bought the family package deal until my two oldest graduated HS and enrolled at UL. I would like to have seen the actual numbers from the previous 5 years, but I don't see a huge problem with capping the age at 12. But it will be up to our fans to decide if the increase in cost for tickets, fees and parking are worth the investment for SBC Football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I never used it. I always bought the family package deal until my two oldest graduated HS and enrolled at UL. I would like to have seen the actual numbers from the previous 5 years, but I don't see a huge problem with capping the age at 12. But it will be up to our fans to decide if the increase in cost for tickets, fees and parking are worth the investment for SBC Football.
    That last bit about SBC football (or anything for that matter) is very crucial to this whole thing. Hopefully our supporters will ride it out for a few more years.

So presenting math is now being a smartass to you?

3000 families for football
    1000 for baseball & softball
    1000 for basketball & women's b-ball
    1000 for all other events combined

That's unreasoble to you?
    The numbers are what they are, not what you are putting down here. If you want to make that argument, surely the LEGEND can get his hands on the numbers. Even the numbers you provided above are way high. As for fans in the seats, that would have been 25% to 35% for football, probably
    35% to 40% for baseball, 60 to 70% for softball. If this card is getting that many in the stands now we have to keep it or risk losing half our attendance. Your math.

We don't have enough people in the seats for any games. And again, if we getting them in at your percentages with families using this program, we are in trouble if it is stopped.

Baseball was pretty much sold out, so you get the extra revenue from the card and more importantly fans at the games.

Really not too sure I understand where you going with this?

The numbers are what they are, not what you are putting down here. If you want to make that argument, surely the LEGEND can get his hands on the numbers. Even the numbers you provided above are way high. As for fans in the seats, that would have been 25% to 35% for football, probably
    35% to 40% for baseball, 60 to 70% for softball. If this card is getting that many in the stands now we have to keep it or risk losing half our attendance. Your math.

We don't have enough people in the seats for any games. And again, if we getting them in at your percentages with families using this program, we are in trouble if it is stopped.

Baseball was pretty much sold out, so you get the extra revenue from the card and more importantly fans at the games.

Well of course you don't. Pretty confident you don't understand most things..

Serious question though.. Do you even know how the YRCC works? Are you aware that it is EVERY EVENT, in EVERY sport, for the full athletic year. Meaning if the Smith's take their 2 high school age kids to baseball religiously, they get in with their YRCC every single time, without having to buy a ticket. Every game, times 2, at face value for a ticket. Now multiply that by 28. Now do the same thing for the Thompson's, the Thibeaux's, the Angelle's, the Boudin's, the Jone's, the Harris', the Fisher's, the Johnson's... etc etc.

Now do it for every Cajun program, every game, all year long. Instead of buying 4 season ticket packages, Mom & Dad buy 2 seats and use the YRCC for the HS aged kids.. Every sport, every game, all year long..

The numbers I originally posted are obviously hypothetical. Even the Legend can't call up JLL and get YRCC numbers at 10 PM on a Tuesday.

We need to stop undervaluing our own product. If you can't pay to come watch the Cajuns play, stay yo' broke ___ home. Someone else will buy the ticket in your place. And if they don't, oh well. We shouldn't be giving away our product. Hopefully, even you can understand that.

All I can say is the for my family, you went up double let me this again DOUBLE
    on my patio box seats for baseball.

Then we had to make a decision do we keep our tailgating spots for football and season tickets for football that come with the 6 season tickets, fees and now additional parking pass fees or do we just go on a family vacation to Destin?

What do the kids want? This is just the stupidest thing in my opinion to lower the age.

I am losing the only discount I have.
    When I get into the stadium it is an easy C Note.
    You are losing out on new people coming tailgating, you are losing out on the kids going back to their schools and saying we went to this game or that game and tailgated, etc.

So we dropped the tailgating spots.

My son got to pick baseball or football, easy question he said Dad baseball.

I get to give the players high fives and run on the field.

You have now took away the easiest recruiting tool there is which is the kids.

This is not rocket science.

Maybe it is just me but this is the first and only step backwards that I have seen from Dr. Maggard.

Serious question though.. Do you even know how the YRCC works? Are you aware that it is EVERY EVENT, in EVERY sport, for the full athletic year. Meaning if the Smith's take their 2 high school age kids to baseball religiously, they get in with their YRCC every single time, without having to buy a ticket. Every game, times 2, at face value for a ticket. Now multiply that by 28. Now do the same thing for the Thompson's, the Thibeaux's, the Angelle's, the Boudin's, the Jone's, the Harris', the Fisher's, the Johnson's... etc etc.

Now do it for every Cajun program, every game, all year long. Instead of buying 4 season ticket packages, Mom & Dad buy 2 seats and use the YRCC for the HS aged kids.. Every sport, every game, all year long..

The numbers I originally posted are obviously hypothetical. Even the Legend can't call up JLL and get YRCC numbers at 10 PM on a Tuesday.

We need to stop undervaluing our own product. If you can't pay to come watch the Cajuns play, stay yo' broke ___ home. Someone else will buy the ticket in your place. And if they don't, oh well. We shouldn't be giving away our product. Hopefully, even you can understand that.

I'm 41 years old Kid Rock and have been a season ticket holder since I was 16. Riding my bike to games from a neighborhood behind Lafayette High. I was also a Young Ragin Cajun Club card holder. If they keep this up I have a good feeling ticket sales will fall. If they do away with this program it will ruin a lot of lifelong fans. Basically this isn't a sport anymore. More like a business trying to make money. Let the fans show up. We bring the money!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
    I'm 41 years old Kid Rock and have been a season ticket holder since I was 16. Riding my bike to games from a neighborhood behind Lafayette High. I was also a Young Ragin Cajun Club card holder. If they keep this up I have a good feeling ticket sales will fall. If they do away with this program it will ruin a lot of lifelong fans. Basically this isn't a sport anymore. More like a business trying to make money. Let the fans show up. We bring the money!!!!!
    Kevin, you're exaclty correct. It is a business. College sports is a multi-million dollar industry. And it's time we run our business like the rest of the country.

Rock, I can't see your comment, but I meant no disrespect. I'm just kicking Victoria around. Fairly standard operating procedure. I hope you can figure it out and make peace with the change. Hope you guys don't have to miss games.

Fact of the matter is, it's good business my man. We're all going to get a little uncomfortable on this ride.

Mr. Town,

We do not sell out in any game.

For any post season the card does not work.

We need these young kids going back to tell the non young Cajun fan this was awesome come with me next time.

We need the dads of the non Cajun fan to say damm my kid wants to go then I need to go with him next time.

Never in my time as being a Ragin Cajun fan have I seen in any sport that the kid with a Ragin Cajun card not have a place to sit.

Never in my time as a Cajun fan have I ever seen a more stupid policy.

Why? What do you gain by doing this?

You think it will increase season tickets?

To say well everyone else does it this way is not acceptable, we are not everyone else.

Now I will pick and choose what football games to go to and just by the McDonald's pack and go; where before we were season ticket holders.

Your argument is the same generic one you use at every turn when it comes to money - if you don't want to pay, stay home. Generally, I agree with this argument.

However, I do see benefits from this particular program that may merrit not pigeon holing that plan into your argument. Sometimes a little analysis and thought result in exceptions to rules that are good for the program. I pointed out a couple above. I can think of several others that I see with this program.

However, you used the regular MAT attack -- if you don't agree with me, I tear off your head and ____ in your neck.

Well MAT, I don't have a dog in this hunt but do think that this program was put in place for good reasons, some of which may not have even been thought out when it was. I could not care less whether the rules change or it is dropped from my personal standpoint. However, I was pointing out things that should be considered in making the decision for the good of Cajun athletics and fan attendance, participation and retention.

I guess OUR business plan isn't working!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast