_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Shop Local Shop Smart

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Good. This is exactly what I hoped this thread would accomplish. Did you find their coffee to have a little extra "zing"?
    It was good...will def return..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shop Local Shop Smart

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The guy at Scholtsky's on Johnston is a BIG UL guy. Season ticket holder, gives a few $$. I've been seeing Cajun fans for lunch there for years.

(Unlike others, I really like that place. Roast beef and cheese on sourdough. And, they have Cinnabon.)
    Close relative of former UL President, Dr. Joel L. Fletcher Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Oh no....another vicious RP boycott on a local business
    I give zero ____s about your opinion.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The guy at Scholtsky's on Johnston is a BIG UL guy. Season ticket holder, gives a few $$. I've been seeing Cajun fans for lunch there for years.

(Unlike others, I really like that place. Roast beef and cheese on sourdough. And, they have Cinnabon.)
    I love the Albuquerque turkey

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Shop Local Shop Smart

Not much into knocking non Cajun supporters.....but sure in the hell backing Cajun supporters....you won't find many more supportive than Terri Landry State Farm.....years of helping UL in academic scholarships and you name it for Cajun athletics.....here is to at least a bowl or regionals in all sports for the coming year!!!

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Plugged or patched? Plug is unsafe, patch seals it from inside.

I worked at Ross Tire for a few years. David Ross (former owner) is very much a Cajun supporter, we wore red (in support of UL) every Friday. New owner, Steven Ancelet, has a son just starting at UL in the fall, majoring in Industrial Technology.
    Not to derail this awesome thread, but why exactly is a plug so unsafe? I've been plugging my tires for over 20 years. I've never had any issues. Why would stores be allowed to sell plugs if they are to be used for the purpose of plugging tires which has been deemed to be so unsafe?

Seems like a phrase that I've recently started hearing as well. Almost as if it's another marketing ploy to increase revenue.

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Not to derail this awesome thread, but why exactly is a plug so unsafe? I've been plugging my tires for over 20 years. I've never had any issues. Why would stores be allowed to sell plugs if they are to be used for the purpose of plugging tires which has been deemed to be so unsafe?

Seems like a phrase that I've recently started hearing as well. Almost as if it's another marketing ploy to increase revenue.
    Plugs are not made of the same material that make tires. You are stuffing items into a hole that can wear out more quickly than the tire itself, especially since they are exposed to elements that can damage them more readily than the tire. A plug is designed to be a temporary quick fix until something more permanent (patch, new tire) can be done.

A patch is on the inside of the tire, it seals the hole because it attaches to the tire and covers the hole. It is actually adding another layer of protection to the tire.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4