_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145

Thread: What Project is next for Russo Park?

  1. #81
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Did any one ever say they couldn't? Whats your point?
    Your post implied that the University should decide where to allocate private donations based on what sport "drives the bus." Did I misunderstand YOUR point?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And it is one of the very best features of the park.
    How about just blocking the part right behind the plate, so you don't see it from the outfield camera. I agree, it's a great feature for those at the park. But for anyone watching on TV, it's terribly distracting.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    How about just blocking the part right behind the plate, so you don't see it from the outfield camera. I agree, it's a great feature for those at the park. But for anyone watching on TV, it's terribly distracting.
    So you want to block the part for a paying customer who is spending more money at the ballpark just so that the person sitting at home and not spending money doesn't have that distraction?

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    So you want to block the part for a paying customer who is spending more money at the ballpark just so that the person sitting at home and not spending money doesn't have that distraction?
    So you want to take one of our crown jewels and have it look like a high school park on national TV when we start hosting regionals again? It's tacky. My solution would fix that: Block only the part you see from the center field camera. Move the concessions over to the side, and you'll see the game just fine. Not to mention the exposed support beams could use some facia to cover them up. That definitely looks like unfinished construction.

    You don't have to bend over backwards for TV, but at least dress things up a bit.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    So you want to take one of our crown jewels and have it look like a high school park on national TV when we start hosting regionals again? It's tacky. My solution would fix that: Block only the part you see from the center field camera. Move the concessions over to the side, and you'll see the game just fine. Not to mention the exposed support beams could use some facia to cover them up. That definitely looks like unfinished construction.

    You don't have to bend over backwards for TV, but at least dress things up a bit.
    You do understand that concessions can't be moved? All the kitchen equipment, drink fountains, etc are built into them. So again, you want to remove a key feature for fans in attendance, which is the ability to watch live action while spending money, just so Joe Blow on his couch isn't distracted by the background?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    You do understand that concessions can't be moved? All the kitchen equipment, drink fountains, etc are built into them. So again, you want to remove a key feature for fans in attendance, which is the ability to watch live action while spending money, just so Joe Blow on his couch isn't distracted by the background?
    You do understand that having a professional-looking product on TV is key to our athletic department's future growth, don't you?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    So you want to take one of our crown jewels and have it look like a high school park on national TV when we start hosting regionals again? It's tacky. My solution would fix that: Block only the part you see from the center field camera. Move the concessions over to the side, and you'll see the game just fine. Not to mention the exposed support beams could use some facia to cover them up. That definitely looks like unfinished construction.

    You don't have to bend over backwards for TV, but at least dress things up a bit.
    The only thing I think they should do is move the tempoary lemonade and kettle corn stands from behind home plate, otherwise, I think it looks good on TV. It's a unique look and should be a distraction for the visiting pitcher.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    At the very least, dress things up a bit more. If you're going to leave it there, realize it's a TV set. You don't have to have it cluttered with vinyl signs.


  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    The only thing I think they should do is move the tempoary lemonade and kettle corn stands from behind home plate, otherwise, I think it looks good on TV. It's a unique look and should be a distraction for the visiting pitcher.
    Exactly. That's the most offending part.

    Also, install brick facia in front of the exposed beams to give it a more finished look.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Exactly. That's the most offending part.

    Also, install brick facia in front of the exposed beams to give it a more finished look.
    I'll allow that.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    You do understand that having a professional-looking product on TV is key to our athletic department's future growth, don't you?
    Yes I do. And every time we've been on Cox Sports this year, the announcers have raved over the appearance of Russo Park. Not once did they talk about this "distraction" behind home plate.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,694

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    I'd like to see that high school stadium


  13. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Yes I do. And every time we've been on Cox Sports this year, the announcers have raved over the appearance of Russo Park. Not once did they talk about this "distraction" behind home plate.
    Well that's because they're watching it live in-person and not on TV. I've seen all of the games on TV this year and it does look bad with the lemonade stand and whatever other stands they have out there. It looks like a circus on tv because for every pitch the lemonade and popcorn stands are the only parts of the park that you see for the entire game.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Well that's because they're watching it live in-person and not on TV. I've seen all of the games on TV this year and it does look bad with the lemonade stand and whatever other stands they have out there. It looks like a circus on tv because for every pitch the lemonade and popcorn stands are the only thing of the park that you see really.
    1. They walked around the stadium before their first game.
    2. They have monitors with the same camera feed as TV in their booth.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'd like to see that high school stadium
    Has to be in Texas.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Well that's because they're watching it live in-person and not on TV. I've seen all of the games on TV this year and it does look bad with the lemonade stand and whatever other stands they have out there. It looks like a circus on tv because for every pitch the lemonade and popcorn stands are the only parts of the park that you see for the entire game.
    Must not be too much of a distraction...you watched all the games...

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,694

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    If both teams pitchers can pitch with the "distraction" one would think watching from a recliner wouldn't be all that difficult..doesn't seem to bother the infielders with rockets coming at them


  18. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    If it's going to stay, here's a real simple fix: Change the lighting. Soften it up a bit, and use LED lights so that it doesn't have a yellowish tint to it. If you want to keep this feature, then you have to keep TV in mind because this is the shot of Russo that everyone will see all over the country. Dress it up, so that it doesn't look cheap, but instead what baseball is all about: a family evening together. Why clutter up the space with cheap vinyl signs? How about a red background with the LOUISIANA logo as the backdrop behind the fans at the concessions? It would look great.

    By the way, just to be clear, I think it's great for the fans. I just think the TV presentation could be a lot better.


  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    It was designed that way for the convenience of the fan to be able to see onto the field while at concession. However it could also be a creative advertisement opportunity with the camera focused on that area every pitch.


  20. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,694

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    They could put something to cover the back of the stairs, that i agree with. It needs to stay open because being able to see live action from concessions is very unique and great for the fans.


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •