_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67 View Post
    I hear blue wing builders builds one heck of a deck
    No deck too big for blue wing builders

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No deck too big for blue wing builders
    You know even if it ls a smaller deck than at ms st. If you keep everything trimmed up and clean around the deck it will appear bigger on tv

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

You know even if it ls a smaller deck than at ms st. If you keep everything trimmed up and clean around the deck it will appear bigger on tv
    Top 3 needs for baseball:
    1. New padded outfield wall.
    2. New clubhouse, locker rooms, offices etc.
    3. New dugouts.

Not necessarily in that order. My guess it will cost over of 4 million to complete all 3.

Definitely, all how you trim it

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that J1M is in the process of writing a 4 paragraph response to this post...

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    My guess it will cost over of 4 million to complete all 3.
    Another fundraising event!

I wonder if having Robe out passing the collection plate has affected our baseball team these past two years. :hum:

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Top 3 needs for baseball:
    1. New padded outfield wall.
    2. New clubhouse, locker rooms, offices etc.
    3. New dugouts.

Not necessarily in that order. My guess it will cost over of 4 million to complete all 3.
    I'd guess you're right on the "over" since the locker room cost was earlier estimated at $4M. I'm not sure they'll do the dugouts. I would think they'll have to come up with a plan that would allow them to be unaffected when they rebuild the bleacher seating on the first/third base lines.

I see what you did there

Baseball now using the cox building for lockers and offices.

Does this mean the new club house has to be built before you can bulldoze the cox?

Does this also mean all the baseball club house funds have to be raised before we can focus on moneys for the football stadium?

I am all for baseball improvements love the new Tigue at russo. But it is time to get the football renovations going. Football drives the ship. IMO it should have been first. The APC will look much better when the eye sore blocking it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post

Does this mean the new club house has to be built before you can bulldoze the cox?

Does this also mean all the baseball club house funds have to be raised before we can focus on moneys for the football stadium?

I am all for baseball improvements love the new Tigue at russo. But it is time to get the football renovations going. Football drives the ship. IMO it should have been first. The APC will look much better when the eye sore blocking it is gone.
    Baseball was done with private funds that were ONLY for baseball. Same will be true for clubhouse.

Yes to clubhouse before cox building is gone. This has been the case since baseball moved in

The rest of that, thd but not necessarily since the clubhouse is separate funding

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Baseball was done with private funds that were ONLY for baseball. Same will be true for clubhouse.
    And none of those people would be donors for the football stadium? Its all being done with private funds probably some of the same donors for both sports. I would guess donors with out unlimited funds. Use that money for the engine that drives the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    With a big ole loan!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    When did you learn we did not have the money to build the stadium. Scotty"ummmmm fall no maybe spring umm no it had to be December "

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And none of those people would be donors for the football stadium? Its all being done with private funds probably some of the same donors for both sports. I would guess donors with out unlimited funds. Use that money for the engine that drives the ship.
    I'm pretty sure the University isn't going (can't) tell a private donor what to do with their money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What are you talking about? The money was always there...........until it wasn't.

All this talk about big decks and the cox building...

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    All this talk about big decks and the cox building...
    I though it was a little deck (that would appear larger with proper grooming) and the cox building (that is nothing but a sore until jacked out of there).

The big deck would be great for experiencing a nice wak off.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the University isn't going (can't) tell a private donor what to do with their money.
    Did any one ever say they couldn't? Whats your point?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast