_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 145

Thread: What Project is next for Russo Park?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Loreauville, LA
    Posts
    2,209

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!
    We actually did this in our high school football stadium. We sell season passes for the area and raise over $4,500 a year for our strength & conditioning program. I can only imagine the amount of money that can be raised yearly at the Tigue.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Removing all the wall signs will remove a whole lot of revenue. Same goes for the McDonald's on the foul poles. We will have to make up that money somewhere else in the stadium.
    You can still advertise on walls. I recall seeing a green padded wall with smaller white only print and it looked clean.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,848
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    We actually did this in our high school football stadium. We sell season passes for the area and raise over $4,500 a year for our strength & conditioning program. I can only imagine the amount of money that can be raised yearly at the Tigue.
    It's going to happen, but it will be professionally done cosmetically to enhance the stadium. Herb Schilling was said to be involved and with funding. If anyone has updated information or changes, please post.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,539

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    You can still advertise on walls. I recall seeing a green padded wall with smaller white only print and it looked clean.
    Something like this would look 100x better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #45
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,299

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    It was designed that way so fans in line can still watch the game.

    Agree 100% with the dugouts, I never did like the metal tops.
    They need to sink the dugouts three feet so the corner Supreme Rice seats can see the outfield corners.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Something like this would look 100x better
    Yep. I've seen multiple instances of this the last couple of weekends come to think of it.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    636

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Something like this would look 100x better
    I agree and don't forget the yellow line at the top of the wall!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,617

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Take pines out and replace with mature Leeland cypress (spelling not correct)..they're very fast growers, both up and out...


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yes, it was, and it's not changing. I'm guessing you probably don't attend anyway so I'm not overly concerned since it seems you're talking about TV viewing.
    You guessed wrong. But when i choose not to attend, it looks like the grandstand is unfinished.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Yep. I've seen multiple instances of this the last couple of weekends come to think of it.
    Yes some advertisement looks ok...but we probably have 50 signs on our current wall. Decrease the amount to 20 signs max and increase the value for those 20. And provide some other opportunity for the other 30 somewhere within the venue

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Take pines out and replace with mature Leeland cypress (spelling not correct)..they're very fast growers, both up and out...
    I don't know if all cypress trees are the same with respect to the root systems but roots from my neighbor's tree can be seen breaking the ground surface at a point at least 50 from the tree trunk. Might be a problem for the outfield.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    739

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Yes some advertisement looks ok...but we probably have 50 signs on our current wall. Decrease the amount to 20 signs max and increase the value for those 20. And provide some other opportunity for the other 30 somewhere within the venue
    The signs we have already are going up $2000 each for next year.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I don't know if all cypress trees are the same with respect to the root systems but roots from my neighbor's tree can be seen breaking the ground surface at a point at least 50 from the tree trunk. Might be a problem for the outfield.
    If I recall, these trees have more of a tap root and don't spread large roots outward, different animal from say a red cypress

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If I recall, these trees have more of a tap root and don't spread large roots outward, different animal from say a red cypress
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fas...-are-best/amp/

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Yes some advertisement looks ok...but we probably have 50 signs on our current wall. Decrease the amount to 20 signs max and increase the value for those 20. And provide some other opportunity for the other 30 somewhere within the venue
    The current wall has 30 signs.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Yes some advertisement looks ok...but we probably have 50 signs on our current wall. Decrease the amount to 20 signs max and increase the value for those 20. And provide some other opportunity for the other 30 somewhere within the venue
    Supply and demand. More eyes on them to begin with added capacity. Let the bidding start.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

    Learfield is in control now.. I am curious what they will ask for wall sponsorship.

    You guys are delusional if you think there will be less advertising going forward.


  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Learfield is in control now.. I am curious what they will ask for wall sponsorship.

    You guys are delusional if you think there will be less advertising going forward.
    I guarantee spots on the video board go for more than wall signs elsewhere. That's where advertising will be.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I bet a local builder or patio center would build something pretty amazing if they had naming rights to it.
    I hear blue wing builders builds one heck of a deck

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Outfield decks would be for the fans just like must of the renovations to date have been. Now it is time to do something directly for coaches and players. Clubhouse and offices would do that.
    Yes mike agree for the players we need to get them a solid hitting coach

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •