_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!
    We actually did this in our high school football stadium. We sell season passes for the area and raise over $4,500 a year for our strength & conditioning program. I can only imagine the amount of money that can be raised yearly at the Tigue.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Removing all the wall signs will remove a whole lot of revenue. Same goes for the McDonald's on the foul poles. We will have to make up that money somewhere else in the stadium.
    You can still advertise on walls. I recall seeing a green padded wall with smaller white only print and it looked clean.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    We actually did this in our high school football stadium. We sell season passes for the area and raise over $4,500 a year for our strength & conditioning program. I can only imagine the amount of money that can be raised yearly at the Tigue.
    It's going to happen, but it will be professionally done cosmetically to enhance the stadium. Herb Schilling was said to be involved and with funding. If anyone has updated information or changes, please post.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    You can still advertise on walls. I recall seeing a green padded wall with smaller white only print and it looked clean.
    Something like this would look 100x better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    It was designed that way so fans in line can still watch the game.

Agree 100% with the dugouts, I never did like the metal tops.
    They need to sink the dugouts three feet so the corner Supreme Rice seats can see the outfield corners.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yep. I've seen multiple instances of this the last couple of weekends come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I agree and don't forget the yellow line at the top of the wall!

Take pines out and replace with mature Leeland cypress (spelling not correct)..they're very fast growers, both up and out...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yes, it was, and it's not changing. I'm guessing you probably don't attend anyway so I'm not overly concerned since it seems you're talking about TV viewing.
    You guessed wrong. But when i choose not to attend, it looks like the grandstand is unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Yep. I've seen multiple instances of this the last couple of weekends come to think of it.
    Yes some advertisement looks ok...but we probably have 50 signs on our current wall. Decrease the amount to 20 signs max and increase the value for those 20. And provide some other opportunity for the other 30 somewhere within the venue

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Take pines out and replace with mature Leeland cypress (spelling not correct)..they're very fast growers, both up and out...
    I don't know if all cypress trees are the same with respect to the root systems but roots from my neighbor's tree can be seen breaking the ground surface at a point at least 50 from the tree trunk. Might be a problem for the outfield.

Yes some advertisement looks ok...but we probably have 50 signs on our current wall. Decrease the amount to 20 signs max and increase the value for those 20. And provide some other opportunity for the other 30 somewhere within the venue
    The signs we have already are going up $2000 each for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I don't know if all cypress trees are the same with respect to the root systems but roots from my neighbor's tree can be seen breaking the ground surface at a point at least 50 from the tree trunk. Might be a problem for the outfield.
    If I recall, these trees have more of a tap root and don't spread large roots outward, different animal from say a red cypress

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If I recall, these trees have more of a tap root and don't spread large roots outward, different animal from say a red cypress
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fas...-are-best/amp/

The current wall has 30 signs.

Supply and demand. More eyes on them to begin with added capacity. Let the bidding start.

Learfield is in control now.. I am curious what they will ask for wall sponsorship.

You guys are delusional if you think there will be less advertising going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Learfield is in control now.. I am curious what they will ask for wall sponsorship.

You guys are delusional if you think there will be less advertising going forward.
    I guarantee spots on the video board go for more than wall signs elsewhere. That's where advertising will be.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I bet a local builder or patio center would build something pretty amazing if they had naming rights to it.
    I hear blue wing builders builds one heck of a deck

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Outfield decks would be for the fans just like must of the renovations to date have been. Now it is time to do something directly for coaches and players. Clubhouse and offices would do that.
    Yes mike agree for the players we need to get them a solid hitting coach

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast