_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What Project is next for Russo Park?

1. UL Baseball What Project is next for Russo Park?

"We need to reengage conversations about a baseball clubhouse and office space for our coaches to be incorporated in Russo Park," Maggard told The Daily Advertiser.

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

How bout a new outfield fence?

A biergarten in the outfield would be nice

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    A biergarten in the outfield would be nice
    Since the current stadium sells beer, I think it would be better to add decks of various sizes for rent in the outfield. Package meals/drinks in with the cost of the deck rental with options from a few local restaurants providing the meals of various cuisines with baseball getting a percentage of the food/drink sales. Just throwing it out there. You could possibly add an exterior access bathroom to the new club house building planned for the right field corner off of Reinhardt to handle those needs so you don't have to deal with portable restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Since the current stadium sells beer, I think it would be better to add decks of various sizes for rent in the outfield. Package meals/drinks in with the cost of the deck rental with options from a few local restaurants providing the meals of various cuisines with baseball getting a percentage of the food/drink sales. Just throwing it out there. You could possibly add an exterior access bathroom to the new club house building planned for the right field corner off of Reinhardt to handle those needs so you don't have to deal with portable restrooms.
    That would be a good idea.

Definitely a party deck with a food/drink combo with a rental cost would be a great idea for company or private parties. Easy $$$$

Blog Entries

Definitely a party deck with a food/drink combo with a rental cost would be a great idea for company or private parties. Easy $$$$
    You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!
    I bet a local builder or patio center would build something pretty amazing if they had naming rights to it.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Outfield decks would be for the fans just like must of the renovations to date have been. Now it is time to do something directly for coaches and players. Clubhouse and offices would do that.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Outfield decks would be for the fans just like must of the renovations to date have been. Now it is time to do something directly for coaches and players. Clubhouse and offices would do that.
    It's not an either/or. I agree the clubhouse needs are larger and more immediate, but that money was purported to be 100% donated by former players. My comment about putting exterior men's/women's bathrooms would just simplify the party deck construction at a later time. They basically did that on the locker room at Lamson park to allow bathroom access for the outfield bleachers.

How about an extra bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    How bout a new outfield fence?
    I heard, but have not confirmed, this is in the works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I bet a local builder or patio center would build something pretty amazing if they had naming rights to it.
    I was being sarcastic Crazycajun! This was the comment of our former revered leader. But it is my understanding that this is something Herb Schilling signed on for naming rights and funding.

I was being sarcastic Crazycajun! This was the comment of our former revered leader. But it is my understanding that this is something Herb Schilling signed on for naming rights and funding.
    Schilling party deck..i like it..but really think about how creative a builder would be if he gets to advertise his work out there. Not that I think Herb would skimp or anything. Wonder how many trees would have to come down.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Packing up all of Jeremy Talbot's ____

Schilling party deck..i like it..but really think about how creative a builder would be if he gets to advertise his work out there. Not that I think Herb would skimp or anything. Wonder how many trees would have to come down.
    I would build around the trees.

Blog Entries

Coach Robe commented that a number would have to be removed from the corner of right field back towards center. But we are talking about pine trees, not oaks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I would build around the trees.
    Treehouse style...I like the vision...

Just add my .02: I think the Tigue is without doubt one of the best stadiums in the country. Maybe not the biggest, but best over-all for the fan experience.
    That said, the only gripe I have is (other than the Club Room) having no bathrooms on the upper concourse. If you sit at the top it is a drag to have walk all the way down just to use the john. About the only way that they could do it, though, would be to build out past the current 3rd base bleachers, above the old clubhouse. Since that facade is not very visible, it shouldn't be that noticeable....or better yet, just do the same thing along the first base bleachers. Maybe add more concessions to each side, to help raise revenue to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    "We need to reengage conversations about a baseball clubhouse and office space for our coaches to be incorporated in Russo Park," Maggard told The Daily Advertiser.

How about finishing the inside of the stadium. The clear view of the concessions area looks second rate compared to the rest of the stadium. Did they run out of money? Certainly it wasn't designed that way, was it? Also, couldn't they come up with another $2k to replace the top metal on the dugouts?

Coach Robe commented that a number would have to be removed from the corner of right field back towards center. But we are talking about pine trees, not oaks.
    Can we not re-plant the pines on the property line, instead of along the fence? Would give the same feel, but also allow for expansion.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast