_ _ _ _

Thread: Blog donspen.com

Default Blog donspen.com

A Gathering of Old Men 3 at www.donspen.com Hope you enjoy.

Default Re: Blog donspen.com

I really enjoyed the article Don, and living in Texas, I have a couple of clarifications.

1. On a $450,000 house, the property taxes, on average, would be closer to $11,250.

2. Yes, this is a lot of money, but I like the fact that I choose what size house I buy and the taxes are somewhat consistent. I am going to pay $11,250 to the state of Texas (and applicable county, school district, etc) whether I make $50,000 or $250,000. There is a incentive to work my butt off and make more money.

Just my $0.02. Glad to have your articles back, always loved your writing style.

Second article in a row where the names are not correct...Juan Bautista then and Andy Groh now...it's Jose Bautista and Andy Gros...

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Old men weak memories

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I really enjoyed the article Don, and living in Texas, I have a couple of clarifications.

1. On a $450,000 house, the property taxes, on average, would be closer to $11,250.

2. Yes, this is a lot of money, but I like the fact that I choose what size house I buy and the taxes are somewhat consistent. I am going to pay $11,250 to the state of Texas (and applicable county, school district, etc) whether I make $50,000 or $250,000. There is a incentive to work my butt off and make more money.

Just my $0.02. Glad to have your articles back, always loved your writing style.
    I'll say YES to all of this.

Oh...and no longer forking over private school tuition for my kids. The government school district we're in is extremely good. So that's a big cost savings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donallen View Post
    A Gathering of Old Men 3 at www.donspen.com Hope you enjoy.
    I agree with the discussion of teachers, I have family members in the profession and all of them chose to teach in parochial schools because of the lack of discipline in public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Old men weak memories
    Thanks for reading.