_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Well you didn't want some people to give opinions on how to hold a certain coach accountable, so I'm sure you'd love for this board to shut down so us common folks can't speak up.
    Didn't you hear? Pagin is nothing but a bunch of negative fans who have an agenda. We are just miserable people who aren't loyal enough to the school.

Sorry, not gonna take marching orders from people who strive for mediocrity and underachievement. If they don't like negativity and holding people accountable for not doing their jobs, they don't have to come here and read.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Well you didn't want some people to give opinions on how to hold a certain coach accountable, so I'm sure you'd love for this board to shut down so us common folks can't speak up.
    No problem with opinions..some of you have a problem when people have a different one..and when people disagree it turns into "me not wanting you to give an opinion"

Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Didn't you hear? Pagin is nothing but a bunch of negative fans who have an agenda. We are just miserable people who aren't loyal enough to the school.

Sorry, not gonna take marching orders from people who strive for mediocrity and underachievement. If they don't like negativity and holding people accountable for not doing their jobs, they don't have to come here and read.
    I'd love to know what "holding people accountable" means. Is that fussing on a message board? If you are holding a coach accountable does he get put on notice by the administration?

We all want excellence. No one wants mediocrity. But I'm not getting how we have the power to hold coaches accountable.

Athletic Directors and administrators do that. We just beech a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I'd love to know what "holding people accountable" means. Is that fussing on a message board? If you are holding a coach accountable does he get put on notice by the administration?

We all want excellence. No one wants mediocrity. But I'm not getting how we have the power to hold coaches accountable.

Fussing on a message board is venting frustration. That's a very small part of it. But the people on this board have justification for calling out underachievement if it's staring at us right in the face. What you saw with attendance numbers in football a year ago is holding coaches accountable. Lowering donations to an athletic foundation while venting frustrations is bringing about accountability.

Whether or not the administration hears or sees what is posted here doesn't change the fact that fans have a right to express their views here about a coach or a team if they feel they're not delivering up to their potential. While I don't always enjoy negativity, I won't be afraid to express my concern when I watch underachievement.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Those AD's and administrators responded when the fans speak in large numbers. Some times that occurs here and sometimes it occurs when enough people stay home. You are right though in that we generally have little ability to hold people accountable. Especially on a game by game basis. I often laugh when someone posts a performance was not acceptable. What power do we have to make the next outing acceptable. However I have come to realize that venting occurs here which allows frustration to be relieved. There is a benefit to that.

Blog Entries

rack and opinion steering keeps you nimble and agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Those AD's and administrators responded when the fans speak in large numbers. Some times that occurs here and sometimes it occurs when enough people stay home. You are right though in that we generally have little ability to hold people accountable. Especially on a game by game basis. I often laugh when someone posts a performance was not acceptable. What power do we have to make the next outing acceptable. However I have come to realize that venting occurs here which allows frustration to be relieved. There is a benefit to that.
    Absolutely correct. But let's call it what it is. It's relieving frustration. To call it "holding coaches accountable" makes it sound as though we have authority.

We do not.

Holding people accountable" comes about the second cup of coffee every morning. It's a process.

Dr Maggard gets on line every morning and enjoys his first cup of coffee with the Dailey Advertiser.

Than he gets a second cup of coffee and peruses Ragin Pagin to see who is on the list to be held accountable and what needs to be fixed at our great university.

That is how it works. I can't believe everyone doesn't know this by now. That is surely the only way that he could have made all of the strategic moves that he has made since getting here - on an all informed basis.

Keep up the good work Dr. Maggard.

Absolutely correct. But let's call it what it is. It's relieving frustration. To call it "holding coaches accountable" makes it sound as though we have authority.

We do not.
    Oh, come on now. You know what I meant. I'm not saying we have some "authority."

Fine. "Constructive criticism" is what I should've stated.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Oh, come on now. You know what I meant. I'm not saying we have some "authority."

Fine. "Constructive criticism" is what I should've stated.
    A much better use of semantics. Although I'm not sure I'd always use the term "Constructive." In fact, I wouldn't use it that often....:-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    "Holding people accountable" comes about the second cup of coffee every morning. It's a process.

Dr Maggard gets on line every morning and enjoys his first cup of coffee with the Dailey Advertiser.

Than he gets a second cup of coffee and peruses Ragin Pagin to see who is on the list to be held accountable and what needs to be fixed at our great university.

That is how it works. I can't believe everyone doesn't know this by now. That is surely the only way that he could have had made all of the strategic moves that he has made since getting here - on an all informed basis.

Keep up the good work Dr. Maggard.
    He has made some really good moves.

I hold him accountable for those really good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    6 days a year?

I want a 24/7/365 Coffee shop.
    With a drive thru!

So are we arguing that the paying customer has no power to bring about change?

Blog Entries

A much better use of semantics. Although I'm not sure I'd always use the term "Constructive." In fact, I wouldn't use it that often....:-)
    I define constructive criticism as raising specific questions without personal attacks and allowing examination and discussion by others. The message board provides the platform to have such discussions, reasonable or unreasonable. It is much better to have such discussions on a message board instead of some drunken fan screaming obscenities at players and coaches in the presence of children. If you didn't feel message boards at times have some reasonable levels of constructive criticism why are you participating on one and challenging others post when you can host your own website?

Blog Entries

We do not.
    Only one person holds the ultimate authority of holding coaches accountable and that is the athletic director. The only input that supporters have is collectively, putting financial pressure on the athletic director to eventually having to make the decision that a coach is costing the athletic program more in decreasing revenues, than what you the university is paying that coach. Collectively, supporters and fans can push for change financially. It's the only avenue that fans have some small way in "holding coaches accountable". You know that's what most people mean when they say the coach must be held accountable and so stop arguing semantics.

Ultimately Coach Hudspeth and Scott Farmer were held accountable through economic pressure from large supporters, lower RCAF donors and season ticket holders. If you don't believe it so, look at the decreasing number of RCAF members the last few years of Hudspeth's tenure and Farmer's multitude of poor decisions. Supporters can hold coaches accountable collectively, impacting the athletic program's financials. While no individual can do it, we've already seen accountability through financial pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I define constructive criticism as raising specific questions without personal attacks and allowing examination and discussion by others. The message board provides the platform to have such discussions, reasonable or unreasonable. It is much better to have such discussions on a message board instead of some drunken fan screaming obscenities at players and coaches in the presence of children. If you didn't feel message boards at times have some reasonable levels of constructive criticism why are you participating on one and challenging others post when you can host your own website?
    I never said message boards don't ever have reasonable levels of constructive criticism.

But you'll have to admit we frequently get out of hand. There are some here who's next "constructive" (read: reasonable) criticism will be their first. And, while reasonable men may disagree, some here do not allow that without making things personal.

Blog Entries

I never said message boards don't ever have reasonable levels of constructive criticism.

But you'll have to admit we frequently get out of hand. There are some here who's next "constructive" (read: reasonable) criticism will be their first. And, while reasonable men may disagree, some here do not allow that without making things personal.
    It can get out of hand, that is the downside of message boards. But Turbine , moderators and posters have policed it pretty well. Heck, we usually beat up on each other as much as we do coaches and administrators. As you know, that is the price we pay for free speech and opinion, as idiotic and personal as things get at times.

All a message board is used for is to get a general feel of a situation, and come up with ideas that were never thought of. It is just a public forum where general fans can voice there opinion.

An AD, Coach, President, Fan, A LaTech fan can come here and see how some of the fans feel about a situation.

The final say belongs to the people in charge, and ideas that are brought forward can be great ideas, but we are all fans just voicing our opinions. So let them voice there opinions.

Our voices do matter! I guarantee that these threads have come up with ideas that the administration have never thought of that are great ideas, and have been put into practice.

We need to start worrying when the University stops caring how the fans feel, and don't care what is said on these message boards, and are willing to not to think outside the box, and won't listen to the fans of this Great University

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So are we arguing that the paying customer has no power to bring about change?
    Of course not. The paying customers, if there are enough of them, can certainly bring about change. I wouldn't qualify our group as "enough of them," however.

Of course not. The paying customers, if there are enough of them, can certainly bring about change. I wouldn't qualify our group as "enough of them," however.
    I know dozens of people that do not post but read this board. "Our group" is bigger than you think.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast