_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 177

Thread: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,791

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Having a restaurant on the property is not close to the same thing as having a restaurant in our football stadium.


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Having a restaurant on the property is not close to the same thing as having a restaurant in our football stadium.
    It is exactly the same thing. And I used Russo not CF. Same deal.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely shocked that you would post that. Further showing everyone why I refer to you as a "know your place" fan.
    My bad. I thought you were trolling. I guess if your going to dream, dream big.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,735
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Having a restaurant on the property is not close to the same thing as having a restaurant in our football stadium.
    Weren't you the fan of the old KEEP OUT signs that said no such thing?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Having a restaurant on the property is not close to the same thing as having a restaurant in our football stadium.
    As long as it is constructed so that the public will have access to patronize the restaurant 365 days a year, what does it matter whether it is on the property outside the stadium or inside the stadium?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Weren't you the fan of the old KEEP OUT signs that said no such thing?
    No, i like to run stadiums so not a fan. I am a fan of the rules and if somebody asks you to keep off their property obliging them.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    My bad. I thought you were trolling. I guess if your going to dream, dream big.
    I'll make sure to pass your approval along to the big man.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    As long as it is constructed so that the public will have access to patronize the restaurant 365 days a year, what does it matter whether it is on the property outside the stadium or inside the stadium?
    MLB parks all over he country do this. If I'm not mistaken, Jerry World, the new Falcon stadium and LA new field will all be 365 day access with shop and retail.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No, i like to run stadiums so not a fan. I am a fan of the rules and if somebody asks you to keep off their property obliging them.
    You should be sentenced to running 50 stadiums in the heat of the day for the positions you are now taking.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    As long as it is constructed so that the public will have access to patronize the restaurant 365 days a year, what does it matter whether it is on the property outside the stadium or inside the stadium?
    Because I think one could work and one would fail. A restaurant closes every week in Lafayette. I think you could find an entity to do it on the property i don't think you would find one to open one in it. Anything in it would most like be run by the university, a public institution, which would also probably fail.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'll make sure to pass your approval along to the big man.
    I know you claim to have high up sources, but GOD?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Because I think one could work and one would fail. A restaurant closes every week in Lafayette. I think you could find an entity to do it on the property i don't think you would find one to open one in it. Anything in it would most like be run by the university, a public institution, which would also probably fail.
    How about we let the powers that be and the interested entrapenuers make the facts, that way each would have taken a calculated risk without your assumptions.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,748

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Well it's happening, so we'll see who was right ✍🏻


  14. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'll make sure to pass your approval along to the big man.
    My approval is not necessary. I just follow the teams. As long as our AD is a strong advocate for our University, I will support him what I think of a potential move to the BIg12 does not matter.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How about we let the powers that be and the interested entrapenuers make the facts, that way each would have taken a calculated risk without your assumptions.
    So let's just shut the entire board down and let the powers that be handle everything. No need for anyone to give opinions on anything, not about parking, coaching, style of play or anything really because none of the powers that be post on here. I could literally make this same statement about every opinion on this board.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well it's happening, so we'll see who was right ✍🏻
    Well here's to hoping their quality is up and pricing down from all Cajuns events menus...if not...it'll flop faster than granny's boobs when her bra strap is undone...

  17. #57
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Yeah, the days of "you think too big" are long over.
    My concern is not that the fans supporting aggressive ideas. It is are there enough dollars available to make them happen. This economy is still struggling. We are not West Texas right now.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: Cajun Field: UL's Maggard wants 'Wow Effect' function

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So let's just shut the entire board down and let the powers that be handle everything. No need for anyone to give opinions on anything, not about parking, coaching, style of play or anything really because none of the powers that be post on here. I could literally make this same statement about every opinion on this board.
    This is your biggest cop out of the day. You get to have all the opinions you want, but you don't get to make up the facts. Have a crappy day, good buddy.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    While the concept is nice, who is gonna run this sports bar/ restaurant? The university? A public institution?
    I was thinking it would be affiliated with the University, but I don't know how that would work. Isn't the hotel across the street affiliated with UL? If you build the restaurant on the athletic campus, you could at least cash in on the lease at the very least.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So let's just shut the entire board down and let the powers that be handle everything. No need for anyone to give opinions on anything, not about parking, coaching, style of play or anything really because none of the powers that be post on here. I could literally make this same statement about every opinion on this board.
    Well you didn't want some people to give opinions on how to hold a certain coach accountable, so I'm sure you'd love for this board to shut down so us common folks can't speak up.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •