_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Major and minor sports

Default Re: Major and minor sports

how about making the scholarship limit cumulative, rather than by sport. so if my school didnt care about baseball and basketball for example the school could just to have zero and add those 20 to football, or if we wanted baseball take 20 from football and add to baseball. also would allow to tap in to the sports we dont have but still have an available scholarship limit. of course each school would have to track it to title nine.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    how about making the scholarship limit cumulative, rather than by sport. so if my school didnt care about baseball and basketball for example the school could just to have zero and add those 20 to football, or if we wanted baseball take 20 from football and add to baseball. also would allow to tap in to the sports we dont have but still have an available scholarship limit. of course each school would have to track it to title nine.
    NCAA would not allow this.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Bear Bryant Rule". When scholarship limits were first introduced, Bryant simply gave swimming, tennis or golf scholarships to football players, thus adding quite a few scholarship players to the roster. The NCAA countered with a new rule which states that if a multisport athlete plays football, then football is charged a full ride for his participation, even if he was a track or baseball guy getting only 1/4 scholarship. The same rule applies to basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    NCAA would not allow this.
    i know, but ncaa is constantly changing rules

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6