_ _ _ _

Thread: Baseball 50/50

Default Baseball 50/50

Read about this bill signed into law. Any affect on 50/50 raffles?

Louisiana's colleges can now hold licensed raffles.
    Act 610 adds public colleges and universities to the list of organizations that can obtain a license to hold raffles without having to qualify with the IRS for a federal income tax exemption.
    Colleges can also hold a raffle without a license in a parish that permits raffles when the entire net proceeds of the games are devoted to supporting the college. This law was written by state Sen. Dan Morrish, R - Jennings.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Baseball 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post

Act 610 adds public colleges and universities to the list of organizations that can obtain a license to hold raffles without having to qualify with the IRS for a federal income tax exemption.
    Colleges can also hold a raffle without a license in a parish that permits raffles when the entire net proceeds of the games are devoted to supporting the college. This law was written by state Sen. Dan Morrish, R - Jennings.
    Hmm, doesn't read like it does since the entire net proceeds don't go back to the college and money is given back to a winner

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post

The reason given for selling 50/50 below the stands last year was the gambling rules that weren't enforced in the past but are being done now. The state/local (whichever one it was) wanted their piece.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

With the new stupid 50/50, I didn't buy a single ticket. Whereas before, I'd probably spend around $75-100 a year on 50/50. I know it's not a huge number, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I used to spend $15-20 per game on those tickets - it was a donation... I think I won one back in the early 2000's for around $400. My brother shows up for a random game with my season tickets and takes home over $1000 just a couple years ago...

Anyway - I digress. This year, I bought $5 for SOME games.

I used to buy from each roll since I didn't want to be "out of it" with the first number. LOL. Didn't have that incentive this year. Definitely not the same without the diamond darlings going through the stands.

Same here. Usually would buy a couple every game when they were walking around. This year, didn't spend a dime on it. Last thing I'm thinking of when I walk in is to buy a couple. It's all about my beer and some peanuts.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Baseball 50/50

So in an effort to get every dime owed the state, a state business (UL Baseball) loses thousands more due to lack of interest . Typical.