_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coach Marlin's Comments on new SBC Basketball Schedule Plan

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Coach Marlin's Comments on new SBC Basketball Schedule Plan

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Also, McNeese has brought in a load of transfers and I think they'll be better immediately. I'm not sure how much better, but certainly better than they've been the last three years.
    Don't transfers have to sit out a year? Perhaps they brought in grad transfers that can play for one year.

Familiar name Roydell brown is on the roster as a transfer from juco

They also have a grad transfer from UTEP and a number of other juco transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    They also have a grad transfer from UTEP and a number of other juco transfers.
    Grad transfer from UTEP is the Touchet kid who played at STM. If you recall, we offered him early but when he would not commit at our requested time, he opened his recruiting up hoping to get a big time offer. When that offer would not come he went to UTEP due to the Tim Floyd connection to Louisiana. I understand he had limited playing time in his years in El Paso. He likely will finally get significant time at McNeese this coming year. I wish him well other than on the day the Cajuns play the Cowboys.

I understand Elijah Mccoy is now at Cal Poly. Does this mean we sign another big this summer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foog View Post
    I understand Elijah Mccoy is now at Cal Poly. Does this mean we sign another big this summer.
    Heard he was home sick, but I didn't hear he officially transferred.

I saw it on Cal Poly athletic site.

Cal Poly ponoma

dang! gonna need to sign another big man

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    dang! gonna need to sign another big man
    They are looking at potentially bringing in a grad transfer. Someone visited last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    They are looking at potentially bringing in a grad transfer. Someone visited last weekend.
    It would have been interesting to see the way McCoy could have developed over time, but being able to bring a grad transfer in probably will make this team better for next season.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Back on track for the thread; I find it very difficult to believe the Marlin is excited about the new scheduling initiative. His pattern has been to weaken the schedule across the period of time he has been here. Part of that is not his fault, as he did not force MTSU and WKU out of the conference; but you will note that we have played neither of them since they left.

I will not be at all surprised if our record declines significantly as the schedule makes modest improvements. Maggard has given Marlin the rope he needs to pull the program up to a better level, or with which to hang himself. Regretably, the latter is a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Back on track for the thread; I find it very difficult to believe the Marlin is excited about the new scheduling initiative. His pattern has been to weaken the schedule across the period of time he has been here. Part of that is not his fault, as he did not force MTSU and WKU out of the conference; but you will note that we have played neither of them since they left.

I will not be at all surprised if our record declines significantly as the schedule makes modest improvements. Maggard has given Marlin the rope he needs to pull the program up to a better level, or with which to hang himself. Regretably, the latter is a better bet.
    Actually we were one of the big proponents of everything Mark Adams recommended in league meetings. Also, Dr. Maggard played a big part in bringing in Mr. Adams as a consulant to the SBC. Also, Dr. Maggard will try to help the basketball staff in improving the out of conference schedule. Future Record will translate more to talent being brought in than schedule change. Also, we are going to 20 conference games. That is 2/3 of the schedule.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Actually we were one of the big proponents of everything Mark Adams recommended in league meetings. Also, Dr. Maggard played a big part in bringing in Mr. Adams as a consulant to the SBC. Also, Dr. Maggard will try to help the basketball staff in improving the out of conference schedule. Future Record will translate more to talent being brought in than schedule change. Also, we are going to 20 conference games. That is 2/3 of the schedule.
    Oh, I am absolutely certain Dr. Maggard is 100% in favor of improving our OOC scheduling and in favor of the flex scheduling in conference which will likely improve our in-conference schedule. I am just dubious about Marlin's ability to win against an improved schedule. When the new scheduling kick in, if he can maintain from last year, we might be a 20+ win program; if he reverts to his 8 year norm, we will be closer to 12 than 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    It would have been interesting to see the way McCoy could have developed over time, but being able to bring a grad transfer in probably will make this team better for next season.
    Have learned it is possible the guy who visited last weekend may have two years remaining and would have to sit out this coming season. A grad transfer may also be a possibility but bet that would be a different player than the guy who recently visited. Fairly certain that if someone is brought in it will be an inside player either way. Not at liberty to say more at this stage. Let me correct that, I don't really know much more other than the possible place the transfer may come from.

I'm starting to think VO doesn't like Bob Marlin.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

Geez dude. Marlin pushed for this from the very beginning. I know that fact doesn't fit the cynical narrative you've made up in your head, but it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    It isnt that I dont like Marlin; it is just that I dont think he is a very good coach at the level we want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Geez dude. Marlin pushed for this from the very beginning. I know that fact doesn't fit the cynical narrative you've made up in your head, but it's the truth.
    Then he better start finding a way to consistantly win against top 200 RPI teams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast