_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

  1. #1
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,392

    UL Baseball Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,973

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    So both lee and Harris are gone I am sure. Any word on dexter Jordan.


  3. #3
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,289

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So both lee and Harris are gone I am sure. Any word on dexter Jordan.
    Not selected as yet and they are in the 10th round.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,973

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Good. After the 10th the signing money goes dramatically dow. Does it not.


  5. #5
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,131

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Congrats to Nick!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    What is the slotted money in the 9th


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Lee $147.8


  8. #8
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,300

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Congrats, young man!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Lee $147.8
    That is not life changing money. The young man has a decision to make

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Don't have to be life changing money if u wanna play pro ball. And there is a good chance he doesn't get that kinda money as a senior draft. Nobody knows but him what he wants to do.


  11. #11
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    That is not life changing money. The young man has a decision to make
    You know the MLB rap. It works.

    "When exactly would you like to start learning how to be a big leaguer, next week, or MAYBE next summer with about 90% less money?

    "Are you happy spending $100,000 to play college ball for another season?"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Don't have to be life changing money if u wanna play pro ball. And there is a good chance he doesn't get that kinda money as a senior draft. Nobody knows but him what he wants to do.
    Agreed but he should at least consider the fact that after this bonus there's no real money unless you make it to the show. There's no guarantee next draft is better but a degree is very likely if he stays. Probably talking a 100k gamble. If it's my son I'm pushing him return and not because I love the Cajuns. We shall see

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    You know the MLB rap. It works.

    "When exactly would you like to start learning how to be a big leaguer, next week, or MAYBE next summer with about 90% less money?

    "Are you happy spending $100,000 to play college ball for another season?"
    Yep. And for a kid that is hard to say no to

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,168

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Agreed but he should at least consider the fact that after this bonus there's no real money unless you make it to the show. There's no guarantee next draft is better but a degree is very likely if he stays. Probably talking a 100k gamble. If it's my son I'm pushing him return and not because I love the Cajuns. We shall see
    They will pay him to finish his degree when he is done with pro ball. Just like Jace, Caleb and many others.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    They will pay him to finish his degree when he is done with pro ball. Just like Jace, Caleb and many others.
    In theory that is correct. But the first thing many do is buy a car. Then you have to live for 3 or more years on virtually nothing. Now you are 4 years removed from college and maybe a family. Yep some have done it. Many have not

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Plus I am not sure that college degree payments reach all the way down the draft. Look I think he is going and wish him the best. I just don't think it's a slam dunk


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,168

    Default Re: Nick Lee, 9th round to the Rays

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    In theory that is correct. But the first thing many do is buy a car. Then you have to live for 3 or more years on virtually nothing. Now you are 4 years removed from college and maybe a family. Yep some have done it. Many have not
    Compare to trying to pay pro ball after his senior year with no bonus money. This is his best shot in my opinion. Some guys I don't believe are ready their junior year, they need more development. Lee is as ready as he is going to be.

    Nick and his family I'm sure know what's best for him and will make the best decision. Either choice is better than the choices many other players have. Congrats to him. I know he has pushed through some arm pain and worked hard for this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Compare to trying to pay pro ball after his senior year with no bonus money. This is his best shot in my opinion. Some guys I don't believe are ready their junior year, they need more development. Lee is as ready as he is going to be.

    Nick and his family I'm sure know what's best for him and will make the best decision. Either choice is better than the choices many other players have. Congrats to him. I know he has pushed through some arm pain and worked hard for this.
    Agreed

  19. #19
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Agreed but he should at least consider the fact that after this bonus there's no real money unless you make it to the show. There's no guarantee next draft is better but a degree is very likely if he stays. Probably talking a 100k gamble. If it's my son I'm pushing him return and not because I love the Cajuns. We shall see
    I don't disagree with any of that, except I am letting my kid make his decisions. He quit listening to me by the time he got to high school, anyway.

    Who knows what matters, tho. Maybe money is a biggie, maybe not.

  20. #20
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Compare to trying to pay pro ball after his senior year with no bonus money. This is his best shot in my opinion. Some guys I don't believe are ready their junior year, they need more development. Lee is as ready as he is going to be.

    Nick and his family I'm sure know what's best for him and will make the best decision. Either choice is better than the choices many other players have. Congrats to him. I know he has pushed through some arm pain and worked hard for this.
    He pitched like he was not 100% most of the year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •