_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conference re-alignment will come - shaped by tech, not TV

Default Conference re-alignment will come - shaped by tech, not TV

Default Re: Conference re-alignment will come - shaped by tech, not TV

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If this article has any validity, we had better finish our facilities and I mean build the right size football stadium with all the amenities, heavily market our brand, and position ourselves to be in the 2nd tier of schools. I noticed that even LSU did not make the 1st tier, at least in this article. We will have to be a lot more aggressive than just winning a couple of SBC conference championships. As conferences won't matter in the next 5 - 8 years, per this article, going Independent to establish ourselves maybe the route we have to take. Otherwise, we will just be another middle of the road mid-level program stuck in the SBC or whatever that equivalent will be.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If this article has any validity, we had better finish our facilities and I mean build the right size football stadium with all the amenities, heavily market our brand, and position ourselves to be in the 2nd tier of schools. I noticed that even LSU did not make the 1st tier, at least in this article. We will have to be a lot more aggressive than just winning a couple of SBC conference championships. As conferences won't matter in the next 5 - 8 years, per this article, going Independent to establish ourselves maybe the route we have to take. Otherwise, we will just be another middle of the road mid-level program stuck in the SBC or whatever that equivalent will be.
    Maggard has been aggressive for a reason and will do whatever it takes to elevate us to the next level. We did not just drop 3 mill on a coaching staff to be a middle of the road Univ & don't be surprised if he did the same in basketball

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Maggard knows....Alden knows and so does Dr. Savoie. I have posted on this site several times to "think outside of the box" when discussing realignment. It wasn't because of what I was thinking.....it was because of what folks involved in this business were telling me. This could have been written by any of them.

Fascinating article and those Big Dogs are definitely interesting. Find it difficult to believe LSU wouldn't be on there, especially given some of the names that are on that list. Not a sliver of doubt in my mind, that the State of Louisiana will do whatever it has to, to insure LSU is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    As conferences won't matter in the next 5 - 8 years, per this article, going Independent to establish ourselves maybe the route we have to take. .
    Cue Cajunnation

Man we are way down in the pecking order, but we have 6-10 years to be top 40 and that is achieveable!

Problem is, its not Top 40 as a program, its being top 40 in viewer interest.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Yep.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Bingo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Fascinating article and those Big Dogs are definitely interesting. Find it difficult to believe LSU wouldn't be on there, especially given some of the names that are on that list. Not a sliver of doubt in my mind, that the State of Louisiana will do whatever it has to, to insure LSU is up there.
    LSU is listed in the attachment from the WSJ as the No. 5 school with the highest value (behind Alabama and ahead of Michigan). They were inadvertently left off the list contained in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    LSU is listed in the attachment from the WSJ as the No. 5 school with the highest value (behind Alabama and ahead of Michigan). They were inadvertently left off the list contained in the article.
    ... who cares

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    ... who cares
    Because some posters were wondering why LSU was not listed in the article. I really don't care but wanted to answer a question posted by several posters.

Although I am not sure how much time or what criteria the editors of this article spent on making the value determination, they did value 115 athletic programs. The article is a little old so many of the recent additions to the Sun Belt are not listed. Of note are the rankings of peer schools:

115 ULM $ 6.8 million
    114 stAte $ 8.8 million
    110 Latex $10.8 million
    107 Louisiana $11.8 million
    102 Troy $14.9 million
    101 So. Miss $15.0 million

This is at least one authors perception of our value as a program.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Cue Cajunnation

This thread pleases me.

I'm not saying conference realignment isn't real or won't happen soon...but I am pretty much to the point of I'll believe when I see it...seems every 2 years there's a new monstor thrown into the equation...

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I'm not saying conference realignment isn't real or won't happen soon...but I am pretty much to the point of I'll believe when I see it...seems every 2 years there's a new monstor thrown into the equation...
    Here's the thing. TV money drove realignment up till now.

So, some conferences over expanded or expanded with the wrong schools to chase the magic fairy dust TV money.

Those days are over. Nobody really knows what will get the most money in the future, BUT I guarantee you that a membership correction is coming for a few conferences as schools look for stability in these uncertain financial times for college athletics.

Is there anyway Louisiana can showcase their high viewership in regards to espn3/espn+ ratings? I was recently told that Louisiana crushes their "peers" in viewership ratings regarding streaming sports.

Blog Entries

Worldwide interest is the growth market.

CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Worldwide interest is the growth market.
    Everybody in the world that I have met likes a Cajun!!!!!!

Edit: except maybe one or two in BR and Ruston. Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast