_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 317

Thread: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    What is the status of pitcher Haden Erbe?


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    What is the status of pitcher Haden Erbe?
    Transfer I believe.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,313

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    this is turning into the future of LA baseball thread...

    Any timeframe on when we should hear that Talbot is being dismissed? Or the horror of an announcement (or lack of) that he will be retained. When should we know something?


  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    4,183

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    That transfer from TCU should fit in nice on the weekends.


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,905

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Transfer I believe.
    Is that for certain?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Is that for certain?
    I can't say for certain.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Hannie was a tremendous athlete at STM. If healthy, and hopefully he is, could be an excellent addition to the ball club.
    I totally agree. A tremendous tremendous athlete. He should be good to go next season!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    I've heard a lot of good things about Hannie!
    Was he hurt this year?


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I totally agree. A tremendous tremendous athlete. He should be good to go next season!
    If that is the case then that is good news! The young man could be an exciting player to watch.

  10. #50
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I've heard a lot of good things about Hannie!
    Was he hurt this year?
    Yes, back, red shirted

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I am not saying I would make wholesale changes and I have zero control over the roster. I simply meant what I said.

    Likely to improve, based on what? This was the worst offensive Cajun team in decades. To think the same team will return is not reasonable, in my humble opinion. I doubt the line up simply gets tinkered with around the edges.

    I can't see Tony simply rebooting this ____ show saying "We just need to pitch better and get more timely hits."

    Maybe the lineup simply is irrelevant if the same coaching staff returns. The season has not worked out and I probably need to focus on other areas for a month, or several.
    I agree with you that I don't see Coach Robe bringing back the roster as is. But I think there is a high chance of improvement specifically with Lahare, Cantrelle, and Windham. I was just saying those six I listed, outside of Monica, were some of the better offensive players this season.

  12. #52
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    I agree with you that I don't see Coach Robe bringing back the roster as is. But I think there is a high chance of improvement specifically with Lahare, Cantrelle, and Windham. I was just saying those six I listed, outside of Monica, were some of the better offensive players this season.
    Just curious how you would put those three players in the same hitting analysis.

    Windham was abysmal and definitely can use improvement.

    LaHare hit 321 and improved throughout the season, but don't think he will hit much better than that for average next season. I would sign for a repeat production.

    Cantrelle was lights out the second half of the season. A full season with those stats and performance would be phenomenal.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Just curious how you would put those three players in the same hitting analysis.

    Windham was abysmal and definitely can use improvement.

    LaHare hit 321 and improved throughout the season, but don't think he will hit much better than that for average next season. I would sign for a repeat production.

    Cantrelle was lights out the second half of the season. A full season with those stats and performance would be phenomenal.
    Lahare, Cantrell, Gavin and possibly Kasuls are the only players who should be given the benefit of the doubt for a starting position. Players who hit under .230 should not be everyday players. I would think we could find more productive options on the recruiting trail.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Just curious how you would put those three players in the same hitting analysis.

    Windham was abysmal and definitely can use improvement.

    LaHare hit .321 and improved throughout the season, but don't think he will hit much better than that for average next season. I would sign for a repeat production.

    Cantrelle was lights out the second half of the season. A full season with those stats and performance would be phenomenal.
    I said I expect them to continue to improve. I never said they were the same type of hitter. Your analysis actually proves my point for the most part.

    Windham was atrocious at the plate. But his contact rate seemed to increase through the end of the season. With more experience of hitting against D1 pitching should allow him to be more comfortable at the plate and his hit tool should start showing more.

    As you said LaHare was one of the best hitters in the lineup. But I don't think repeat performance is the expectation. I agree the average may not be the same but I think with a year under his belt we should see more pop, and his slugging percentage take a big jump.

    You made the point for me with Cantrelle. The expectation is he is able to make his whole season look more like the second half of this season.

    So yes, I would expect all three to continue to improve.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Cantrelle, Kasuls, Bourgeois and Lahare will all be in the lineup. Windham has to hit better, we all know that. But whoever comes in to take his job (if that person exists) better be able to play defense.

    Breaux will have a chance to win the job, but he'll be pushed by a couple of newcomers. Can Breaux hit in the vicinity of .300? We'll see.

    First base is an interesting position. We have to have someone with some pop at that position. And, personally I'd like to see someone who is a first baseman as opposed to someone we move there so he can learn the position. I do not know if that person will be here or not.

    Having said all of that, I think our biggest question is the pitching staff. We lose Schmidt, Stoelke and D-Mo. Harris is going to go in the top 3-4 rounds. I think Lee will get drafted high enough to where he will leave as well. There are rumors Burk might be headed to surgery. That leaves the four freshmen and Grant Cox. Gunner of course, will anchor. And, the TCU transfer hopefully is healthy.

    But we need more arms. Lots more arms.


  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Cantrelle, Kasuls, Bourgeois and Lahare will all be in the lineup. Windham has to hit better, we all know that. But whoever comes in to take his job (if that person exists) better be able to play defense.

    Breaux will have a chance to win the job, but he'll be pushed by a couple of newcomers. Can Breaux hit in the vicinity of .300? We'll see.

    First base is an interesting position. We have to have someone with some pop at that position. And, personally I'd like to see someone who is a first baseman as opposed to someone we move there so he can learn the position. I do not know if that person will be here or not.

    Having said all of that, I think our biggest question is the pitching staff. We lose Schmidt, Stoelke and D-Mo. Harris is going to go in the top 3-4 rounds. I think Lee will get drafted high enough to where he will leave as well. There are rumors Burk might be headed to surgery. That leaves the four freshmen and Grant Cox. Gunner of course, will anchor. And, the TCU transfer hopefully is healthy.

    But we need more arms. Lots more arms.
    1B = Mason Templet - @LSU-E .387 BA / 1.193 OPS

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Cantrelle, Kasuls, Bourgeois and Lahare will all be in the lineup. Windham has to hit better, we all know that. But whoever comes in to take his job (if that person exists) better be able to play defense.

    Breaux will have a chance to win the job, but he'll be pushed by a couple of newcomers. Can Breaux hit in the vicinity of .300? We'll see.

    First base is an interesting position. We have to have someone with some pop at that position. And, personally I'd like to see someone who is a first baseman as opposed to someone we move there so he can learn the position. I do not know if that person will be here or not.

    Having said all of that, I think our biggest question is the pitching staff. We lose Schmidt, Stoelke and D-Mo. Harris is going to go in the top 3-4 rounds. I think Lee will get drafted high enough to where he will leave as well. There are rumors Burk might be headed to surgery. That leaves the four freshmen and Grant Cox. Gunner of course, will anchor. And, the TCU transfer hopefully is healthy.

    But we need more arms. Lots more arms.
    Arms are another huge question. Mostly relievers. Lack of middle relief is what caused our starters to wear down throughout the season and got us the result in the conference tournament we saw. We need dependable middle and back end relief.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    1B = Mason Templet - @LSU-E .387 BA / 1.193 OPS
    Let's hope talbot doesn't get the chance to coach him...

  19. #59
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,196

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    From what I can determine our signing class of high school seniors from last year included 12 players of which 7 were pitchers. Out of those, one was a Perfect Game 2017 Underclass 1st team, four were Underclass High Honorable Mentions, and one was an Underclass Honorable Mention. I'm pretty sure we also have some incoming JUCO's. That's a lot of bodies.

    We also currently have 8 published commits for 2020 and 3 for 2021.


  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,796

    Default Re: 2019 Cajuns Baseball Lineup???

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Let's hope talbot doesn't get the chance to coach him...
    Talbot will not be back.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •