_ _ _ _
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 484

Thread: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Muddy the conversation?...just remember this...if it was up to the vocal fanbase...the years of 2013,2014,2015, 2016 that you are foaming at the mouth to return to would've never happened here at UL...this same conversation was taking place on this same site post 2012 season...
    Because Tony is the only coach on the planet that could have done that right? When you say things like that, you show how you really feel. What happens when he retires? Shut down the program?

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    I have asked this question a long time ago, but I would like to hear everyone's current response. What is your long term expectations for the Baseball Program. Once this is known, it will determine if you believe the program's coach is on a hot seat. I personally don't believe the seat is hot now, but 2 more years of play like this and it will be scorching hot.

    3 out of every five years as the Conference Champ (Division, Overall, or Tourney)
    3 out of every five years in Regional Play.
    1 out of every five years in Super Regional Play.
    1 out of every ten years in CWS Play.


  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Because Tony is the only coach on the planet that could have done that right? When you say things like that, you show how you really feel. What happens when he retires? Shut down the program?
    Of course he's not the only one who can do it...but we have someone who has proven he CAN do it....you think it's that easy to just pluck a replacement and give us his results or >?...everyone was sporting wood and poking eyes out when Deggs left and we got the next best thing: his student...and it's not working out...exactly like purple and ____ football...got tired of Miles and they're now seeing it's not as easy as just throwing money at someone and get the same results or > will appear...

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,151

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Muddy the conversation?...just remember this...if it was up to the vocal fanbase...the years of 2013,2014,2015, 2016 that you are foaming at the mouth to return to would've never happened here at UL...this same conversation was taking place on this same site post 2012 season...
    We might have won a CWS or pulled a st. Peters that question can never be answered

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,068
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    One of the top 5 CC recruiting comments, " You do realize we're about 15 minutes from the beach, right?".
    Rutherford Beach Y'all!!!

  6. #186
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,097

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Continuing with my "it's the players stupid" stance.....just wondering who we lost by players not getting offered here, choosing a better school (sec), getting more offered by another, getting drafted, getting out recruited, injuries? The what if and how close to what could have been......anybody got names or stories???
    Again Boomer, none of that matters. The only thing that matters is who we actually put on the field. It matters not one bit why someone isn't on the team.

  7. #187
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,235

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    You are correct, but we had come off of a super regional in 1999 and then the CWS in 2000. We should have planned accordingly with regard to recruiting prior to and through the 1999 season so that we wouldn't have the situation that arose in 2001 where we didn't even make the conference tournament.
    When you have a bunch of juniors, you're playing a waiting game on who stays/goes. You can't necessarily promise some of your 11.7 scholarships without knowing that it will be available. I guess you could go to your juniors and say I need an answer by XXXX date or you lose your scholarship, but I don't know if that's the smartest thing to do either.

  8. #188
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,235

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We might have won a CWS or pulled a st. Peters that question can never be answered
    Without scheduling one bad team last year I'm pretty sure we make the tournament last year. Are we having this conversation now?

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,068
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Without scheduling one bad team last year I'm pretty sure we make the tournament last year. Are we having this conversation now?
    I feel like I found 2 pennies in my pocket, 'Somewhere In Time."

    Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

  10. #190
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Without scheduling one bad team last year I'm pretty sure we make the tournament last year. Are we having this conversation now?
    Exactly and this year, even with the horrible offensive stats we were right there on the border of going again, but 💩💩💩 the bed in the last two games.

    Only 64 out of almost 300 can go.

    Everybody, even the coaching staff I would dare say, knows that something big better happen to improve the offense for next year. If that does not happen, the troops who haven't already done so will get real restless.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Without scheduling one bad team last year I'm pretty sure we make the tournament last year. Are we having this conversation now?
    Missing the point. Winning a couple games that we blew gets us in the tourney this year. It does not remove the fact that we were awful at the plate. We maybe win a loser's bracket game against a 4 seed, but have no legitimate shot at winning the regional.

    Someone asked earlier what our expectations are. I feel like every season we should be able to legitimately expect to be competitive and win in a regional. That requires making a regional and being better offensively than we are now. Last season, and now the upcoming season, give no reason to expect we can win a regional. I'm OK with a "that's baseball" season. This was not one of those.

  12. #192
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Missing the point. Winning a couple games that we blew gets us in the tourney this year. It does not remove the fact that we were awful at the plate. We maybe win a loser's bracket game against a 4 seed, but have no legitimate shot at winning the regional.

    Someone asked earlier what our expectations are. I feel like every season we should be able to legitimately expect to be competitive and win in a regional. That requires making a regional and being better offensively than we are now. Last season, and now the upcoming season, give no reason to expect we can win a regional. I'm OK with a "that's baseball" season. This was not one of those.
    So now, we not only need to make a regional, but need to win it? That is 16 in 300 each year. I'm not sure we can find a coaching staff and/or team that will measure up.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So now, we not only need to make a regional, but need to win it? That is 16 in 300 each year. I'm not sure we can find a coaching staff and/or team that will measure up.
    Read again. Should be able to expect. If "that's baseball" happens, fine. Every season should start with "we can win a regional with this team". That didn't happen this year and won't next year.

    And that is my expectation. People are free to have their own. I don't like the 3 in 5 years because "that's baseball" does happen. My expectation speaks more to the state of the program in my opinion.

  14. #194
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Read again. Should be able to expect. If "that's baseball" happens, fine. Every season should start with "we can win a regional with this team". That didn't happen this year and won't next year.

    And that is my expectation. People are free to have their own. I don't like the 3 in 5 years because "that's baseball" does happen. My expectation speaks more to the state of the program in my opinion.
    I think we start every season with the goal of going to CWS. A goal is different than expectations from which you make a coaching change. I thought this thread was generally about expectations which should be made or else the coaching staff is on the hot seat. You just posted that we should expect to win a regional. That is 16 in 300 teams. 284 coaches on the hot seat.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I think we start every season with the goal of going to CWS. A goal is different than expectations from which you make a coaching change. I thought this thread was generally about expectations which should be made or else the coaching staff is on the hot seat. You just posted that we should expect to win a regional. That is 16 in 300 teams. 284 coaches on the hot seat.
    Wrong again.

  16. #196
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Wrong again.
    Haven't been wrong yet, so I surely can't be wrong again. Look at your own posts. They are what they are. You have let other posters get you to dig a hole so deep you may not be able to get out of it. Your start was ok, now you diggin.

    Edit: "And won't win one next year."

    If you really have a crystal ball, let me know and we can hook up and make plenty money.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Haven't been wrong yet, so I surely can't be wrong again. Look,at your own posts. They are what they are. You have let other posters get you to dig a hole so deep you may not be able to get out of it. Your start was ok, now you diggin.
    You are saying that I'm expecting to win a regional every year. Not at all what I said. We should be able to set the expectation, as a fan base, that we can be competitive in a regional every year. If we don't make it because the balls don't bounce our way, that's fine. If we get hit by the draft, cool. When we don't make it because we played bad baseball, that is not acceptable. So you are flat out wrong in thinking that I expect to be 1 of 16 teams in a super regional every year. In other words, you're wrong.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Haven't been wrong yet, so I surely can't be wrong again. Look at your own posts. They are what they are. You have let other posters get you to dig a hole so deep you may not be able to get out of it. Your start was ok, now you diggin.

    Edit: "And won't win one next year."

    If you really have a crystal ball, let me know and we can hook up and make plenty money.
    You expect us to win a regional next year without major changes? I'll have what you're smoking. I'm talking expectations. I hope we turn it completely around but not holding my breath.

  19. #199
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    You are saying that I'm expecting to win a regional every year. Not at all what I said. We should be able to set the expectation, as a fan base, that we can be competitive in a regional every year. If we don't make it because the balls don't bounce our way, that's fine. If we get hit by the draft, cool. When we don't make it because we played bad baseball, that is not acceptable. So you are flat out wrong in thinking that I expect to be 1 of 16 teams in a super regional every year. In other words, you're wrong.
    💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 you stepping in your own 💩💩💩 and too 🤧 blind to 😅 see it. I like most of your post, but WRONG, is a word you need for your latest ones in this thread.

  20. #200
    CajunVic is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    You expect us to win a regional next year without major changes? I'll have what you're smoking. I'm talking expectations. I hope we turn it completely around but not holding my breath.
    You don't need what I'm smoking. You way, way, way ahead of me this afternoon.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •