_ _ _ _
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

Default Re: Baseball Coach or Life Coach

So did I miss the JT being fired or are we interviewing and hiring based on a think he will be?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    So did I miss the JT being fired or are we interviewing and hiring based on a think he will be?
    For now, I would say it's just assuming IF we were to either let go/move JT.

I'm not much of a baseball nut nor do I have time to follow the Cajuns baseball team anywhere near like what most of you can. So I have a few questions:

1. What's the story on Anthony Babineaux? He has been with the staff forever, is he even in contention for assuming Robe's position when he retires?

2. Aren't there any great hitting coaches who just simply don't desire to be a head coach that we can attract?

3. Would Deggs not come back for a hitting coach position if guaranteed to take Robe's position when he retires?

1. Perhaps. Depends on who you talk to.

2. Maybe. But there aren't many coaches that don't aspire to run his own program.

3. No. None.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I'm not much of a baseball nut nor do I have time to follow the Cajuns baseball team anywhere near like what most of you can. So I have a few questions:

1. What's the story on Anthony Babineaux? He has been with the staff forever, is he even in contention for assuming Robe's position when he retires?

2. Aren't there any great hitting coaches who just simply don't desire to be a head coach that we can attract?

3. Would Deggs not come back for a hitting coach position if guaranteed to take Robe's position when he retires?
    1. Absolutely not.

2. It would be extremely rare, but there are exceptions to the majority of coaches with aspirations of running their own program.

3. Interesting question that only Matt Deggs knows the answer to. But I know Deggs would love to be the head coach at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We don't need to be hiring a mid level juco coach either
    I don't know. Remember that Rice hired a Juco coach who had won several national championships and look what he did for them. Of course, he was hired as a head coach. Then again, we lured the HC at SLU to be a Defensive Coordinator, so you never know what someone might do. Eunice is not that far from Lafayette, so that might not be an issue. This guy must be doing something right over there.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I don't know. Remember that Rice hired a Juco coach who had won several national championships and look what he did for them. Of course, he was hired as a head coach. Then again, we lured the HC at SLU to be a Defensive Coordinator, so you never know what someone might do. Eunice is not that far from Lafayette, so that might not be an issue. This guy must be doing something right over there.
    Rice hired a head coach from Blinn. Apples and oranges compared to lsue in my opinion.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post

1. Not likely. JMO

2. Yes. It worked with coach Szefc and we should be able to find someone from either a lower level team who wants some experience at a higher level program or someone who lost a HC or assistant job at a high level program who is looking for a second chance.

3. I know Degg's salary at SHSU for 2018 was $300K so it's not likely he'd give up a head coach to come back as the hitting coach in line for the Cajuns HC position for less money than he's making right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    1. Not likely. JMO

2. Yes. It worked with coach Szefc and we should be able to find someone from either a lower level team who wants some experience at a higher level program or someone who lost a HC or assistant job at a high level program who is looking for a second chance.

3. I know Degg's salary at SHSU for 2018 was $300K so it's not likely he'd give up a head coach to come back as the hitting coach in line for the Cajuns HC position for less money than he's making right now.
    Is SHSU paying more than UL for a head baseball coach? If so, that is sad.

Yep

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    1. Not likely. JMO

I cant find his contract but they publish his annual salary at about $130,000. I'm sure there are things to make up the full salary like we do with the foundation, but don't know how much more. It's possible

http://www.shsu.edu/~sms049/FY%202017.xlsx

It's not sad. Our current coach has given up his leverage by admitting he doesn't want to coach anywhere else. Why should we pay more to keep him from leaving for another school when he won't leave for another school? SHSU is payin Deggs a lot in the hopes he stays when a big job opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I cant find his contract but they publish his annual salary at about $130,000. I'm sure there are things to make up the full salary like we do with the foundation, but don't know how much more. It's possible

http://www.shsu.edu/~sms049/FY%202017.xlsx
    There was a similar 2018 spreadsheet which shows $300K.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    It's not sad. Our current coach has given up his leverage by admitting he doesn't want to coach anywhere else. Why should we pay more to keep him from leaving for another school when he won't leave for another school? SHSU is payin Deggs a lot in the hopes he stays when a big job opens up.
    I was involved in a long thread regarding your exact stance several months back...hold on tight...a great debate is coming...

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I was involved in a long thread regarding your exact stance several months back...hold on tight...a great debate is coming...
    Well, it is obvious that Maggard did not negotiate the latest contract in February based upon the premise that Robe would not leave, has no leverage, so let's continue paying him as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    What difference does it make if he is seeking other jobs or remaining here. Pay the man what he's worth. Because he is not a resume sender makes no difference if the employer is worth its salt

What difference does it make if he is seeking other jobs or remaining here. Pay the man what he's worth. Because he is not a resume sender makes no difference if the employer is worth its salt
    The man is worth what he'll take to continue doing the job. 23 years of success and he hasn't demanded more. This one is on him.

Did Robe not sign the contract paying him what he thinks he's worth? If he thinks he's worth more than what we are paying him, wouldn't he try to get more? Wouldn't he try to find another place that would pay him what he's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Well, it is obvious that Maggard did not negotiate the latest contract in February based upon the premise that Robe would not leave, has no leverage, so let's continue paying him as little as possible.
    It was negotiated because Glasco was making more than Robe. Now Robe makes more than Glasco.

Robe must be good with what he's getting paid. If he wasn't good with it, why is he still here? Shouldn't he try to get more money elsewhere if he thinks he's worth more?

What responsibilities does Bab have outside of scheduling and travel? Not meaning to be negative or positive. Just curious bc it seems other coaches cover the rest that I'm aware of.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25