_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opening day starter?

Default Re: Opening day starter?

Barring some kind of injury or this Gibson kid coming in and setting the world on fire, Levi is the opening day starter. It will not be Nunez.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Barring some kind of injury or this Gibson kid coming in and setting the world on fire, Levi is the opening day starter. It will not be Nunez.
    You say this with lots of conviction. Do you have any inside information or is this just a strong opinion? I also believe Lewis will win the job but that is just a prediction. My track record in this situation is not stellar however. Until the spring game I was fairly confident that Davis would be the starter and he is not on the team at this stage. I bet Coach Napier himself does not plan to make a decision until after at least 2 scrimmages in August. Until then we can have fun discussing the possibilities of a new phase in the program.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Better at what? Running around like a chicken with his head cut off? If you can't see that Nunez is a better QB right now, I don't know what it is you were looking at last year.
    Perhaps he attended the spring game in which it was obvious that Lewis has improved. I am encouraged that an additional QB who appears to have talent is being brought in. Our injury situation in the past indicates three may be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You say this with lots of conviction. Do you have any inside information or is this just a strong opinion? I also believe Lewis will win the job but that is just a prediction. My track record in this situation is not stellar however. Until the spring game I was fairly confident that Davis would be the starter and he is not on the team at this stage. I bet Coach Napier himself does not plan to make a decision until after at least 2 scrimmages in August. Until then we can have fun discussing the possibilities of a new phase in the program.
    Absolutely no inside information. He was thrown in too soon last year but Levi is the more talented QB. That is my opinion. Levi looked much better at the spring game and that's not really debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Better at what? Running around like a chicken with his head cut off? If you can't see that Nunez is a better QB right now, I don't know what it is you were looking at last year.
    LOL. Pin this post up fellas! Napier knows who his top target is. I think he discussed this with JD and that's why he's gone. Napier knows who he wants out there and I'm thinking it will be Levi although I can see Nunez giving him a run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2