_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 870

Thread: Status Quo or Changes

  1. #41
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,253

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    No rule, (I don't think) by the NCAA saying you can't contact a coach during the CWS if that's your contention and you want to make a move, which at this point I think it's doubtful.


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,802

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Maybe the replacement has been contacted and an announcement will have to wait?

    I'm not saying that's the case, but the college baseba season isn't even over yet.


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    No rule, (I don't think) by the NCAA saying you can't contact a coach during the CWS if that's your contention and you want to make a move, which at this point I think it's doubtful.
    And if the target says I'm concentrating on winning a national title, y'all to you after?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And if the target says I'm concentrating on winning a national title, y'all to you after?
    Do y'all really think we have any chance at a hitting coach getting paid P5 money and offering to be our 3rd in command?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Do y'all really think we have any chance at a hitting coach getting paid P5 money and offering to be our 3rd in command?
    Doesn't have to be their hitting coach

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Doesn't have to be their hitting coach
    I'd hope Robe is looking for someone proven in order to turn things around now. He shouldn't, in my opinion, have the option of missing again this year. The financial impact would be detrimental to the program.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Do y'all really think we have any chance at a hitting coach getting paid P5 money and offering to be our 3rd in command?
    Yes

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes
    Only possibility I can think of would be the result of miss st not retaining Henderson. He's a pitching coach so it would be one of his assistants. New coach, clean house with staff. We get gauthreau back to Louisiana.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I'd hope Robe is looking for someone proven in order to turn things around now. He shouldn't, in my opinion, have the option of missing again this year. The financial impact would be detrimental to the program.
    No matter who you hire the chance of missing will be there..Jeremy talbot was proven at the highest level.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No matter who you hire the chance of missing will be there..Jeremy talbot was proven at the highest level.
    Jeremy Talbot was a product of extremely ideal and fortunate circumstances, IMHO.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No matter who you hire the chance of missing will be there..Jeremy talbot was proven at the highest level.
    He was also working in pharmaceutical sales when we hired him that should tell you what you need to know. ...Successful college coaches dont get out of coaching

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Jeremy Talbot was a product of extremely ideal and fortunate circumstances, IMHO.
    Definitely but just pointing out that "proven" guys can be missess and taking chances on unproven guys works all the time too. It's about finding the right fit. All proven guys were unproven at some point and took advantage of the opportunity someone gave them. If a guy kills an interview and has the approach you are looking for I'm not really concerned as much with his resume. So many different variables go into people's success and failures.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He was also working in pharmaceutical sales when we hired him that should tell you what you need to know. ...Successful college coaches dont get out of coaching
    Where was Matt Deggs when we hired him?

  14. #54
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,031
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Where was Matt Deggs when we hired him?
    Where was Nelson Stokley (the best football coach we've ever had) when we hired him?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Definitely but just pointing out that "proven" guys can be missess and taking chances on unproven guys works all the time too. It's about finding the right fit. All proven guys were unproven at some point and took advantage of the opportunity someone gave them. If a guy kills an interview and has the approach you are looking for I'm not really concerned as much with his resume. So many different variables go into people's success and failures.
    Certainly true.

    I'd also like to point out Tennessee Tech Head man just left that program, so you never know who we might be targeting..

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Where was Matt Deggs when we hired him?
    Nixed at A & M for drinking and drug usage not for being a terrible coach and was only out for 2 years not 6 like JT

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Nixed at A & M for drinking and drug usage and was only out for 2 years not 6 like JT
    He still was a successful coach who was out of coaching. Talbot left college baseball to coach high school and be with his family more.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He was also working in pharmaceutical sales when we hired him that should tell you what you need to know. ...Successful college coaches dont get out of coaching
    Ding ding ding.

    Robe went back to the well after the Deggs success. That's understandable. What's not is refusing to cut bait.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He still was a successful coach who was out of coaching
    Apples to oranges

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Apples to oranges
    Then don't make blanket statements like "successful Colleges coaches don't get out of coaching" because that's not true

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •