_ _ _ _
Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1469

Thread: Status Quo or Changes

  1. #181
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    At the plate
    Agreed. His recruits suck at hitting baseballs, a big part of winning baseball games. anybody can sign kids to a level they can't perform to. that is easy.

    "Hey scrubby, wanna play in front of 5,000 fans every night even though nobody else has even offered you?"

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Agreed. His recruits suck at hitting baseballs, a big part of winning baseball games.
    They didn't suck at it in high school, they don't suck at it in the summer. A lot of guys are moving on this year and changes will be made and we will see how it plays out. Did all Trahan's recruit suck in 2012? A lot of Those same guys deggs coached in 2013-14?

  3. #183
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    What's JT going to do taking up a paid assistant position?

  4. #184
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They didn't suck at it in high school, they don't suck at it in the summer. A lot of guys are moving on this year and changes will be made and we will see how it plays out. Did all Trahan's recruit suck in 2012? A lot of Those same guys deggs coached in 2013-14?
    This ain't high school with good pitchers throwing 84 MPH cookies all night. I have two good eyes. They simply suck.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    This ain't high school with good pitchers throwing 84 MPH cookies all night. I have two good eyes. They simply suck.
    Ok and if they don't suck with a new hitting coach will you admit you are blind? Doesn't everyone come from high school hitting 84mph cookies?

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Brought in some of the highest rated classes we have ever had. Gotten kids other higher profile schools wanted. Look at what these guys did in high school. Look what they go do the summer leagues.
    WHat have they (some not all) done at the Div 1 level ? We have cut or sent to Juco several since he's been here after their freshmen year. Nothing personal against the guy.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Ok and if they don't suck with a new hitting coach will you admit you are blind? Doesn't everyone come from high school hitting 84mph cookies?
    Do you have a vendetta against JT?

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Do you have a vendetta against JT?
    What kind of backwards question is that? He has been defending JT's recruiting.

  9. #189
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Ok and if they don't suck with a new hitting coach will you admit you are blind? Doesn't everyone come from high school hitting 84mph cookies?
    Everyone comes from high school. A few have talent to play above that level. Achieving is about adjusting at the next level. Talent and coaching combine to rise up to the next level. We have neither the talent, or coaching in place required to achieve offensively at this level.

    I have nothing personal against any player or coach here. I want them all to reach their goals.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    JT is not necessarily the best at talent evaluation, but he is great at closing kids and does have great connections. If you doubt that, go ask Robe.


  11. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    WHat have they (some not all) done at the Div 1 level ? We have cut or sent to Juco several since he's been here after their freshmen year. Nothing personal against the guy.
    And some go juco and go on to tcu and southern miss, some don't. Every coach before him sent guys to juco when they were freshman. Every coach after him will send guys to juco after they are freshman. Again, how many guys from the best programs send guys to juco? You think we are the only ones that do this? Injuries, need, current depth, the draft all effect the numbers. We ran with one catcher forever..now we are gonna have 3-4...those spots gotta come from somewhere. The guy in charge apparently thinks he is valuable enough to keep around. It's his job to make those decisions and the results will be on him...but i forget every t ball dad is a D1 baseball coach.

  12. #192
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    JT is not necessarily the best at talent evaluation, but he is great at closing kids. If you doubt that, go ask Robe.
    Which players has he stolen from P5 schools. I hang up an listen. anybody can recruit scrubs that have no chance of being good college players.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Everyone comes from high school. A few have talent to play above that level. Achieving is about adjusting at the next level. Talent and coaching combine to rise up to the next level. We have neither the talent, or coaching in place required to achieve at this level.
    Yes and the only way to evaluate any kid before college is watching him hit 84mph cookies. So no matter how good or bad they are..every coach is evaluating them off of 84 mph cookies.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Bab- Baseball Ops
    Talbot - Recruiting Coordinator
    X - Hitting Coach
    Freeman - Pitching Coach

    Not sure if this will work. That's my guess. Most hitting coaches are also recruiting coordinators. It will either work or turn in to a major @&$T storm. I think it's a huge gamble going down that road.


  15. #195
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Yes and the only way to evaluate any kid before college is watching him hit 84mph cookies. So no matter how good or bad they are..every coach is evaluating them off of 84 mph cookies.
    WRONG and WRONG. Nobody goes to high school games to seriously recruit. they go to https://www.perfectgame.org/, get lists, follow kids that express interest in the school and watch them against the best high school pitching talent (90's) in the country. This is very, very basic stuff you aren't aware of.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,192

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Which players has he stolen from P5 schools. I hang up an listen. anybody can recruit scrubs that have no chance of being good college players.
    Just off of the top of my head Nick Lee, Hogan Harris, Dylan Poncho, Handsome Monica, and Todd Lott I am pretty confident had garnered P5 interest and MLB interest. Edit, Kennon Fontenot is another. I think he was a JT recruit. Could be wrong on that one.

    I'm sure CajunT can pull some names for you.

    I'm just telling you what the perception of the staff is of JT's recruiting abilities. They don't necessarily believe in his coaching ability, but said he is great at closing on recruits. I think someone has to come in and have control over who is targeted though.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Bab- Baseball Ops
    Talbot - Recruiting Coordinator
    X - Hitting Coach
    Freeman - Pitching Coach

    Not sure if this will work. That's my guess. Most hitting coaches are also recruiting coordinators. It will either work or turn in to a major @&$T storm. I think it's a huge gamble going down that road.
    it usually is a gamble no matter what you do.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    WRONG and WRONG. Nobody goes to high school games to seriously recruit. they go to https://www.perfectgame.org/, get lists, follow kids that express interest in the school and watch them against the best high school pitching talent (90's) in the country. This is very, very basic stuff you aren't aware of.
    I'm not the recruiting coordinator for one and you brought up 84 mph high school cookies not me. While playing at this perfect game, are they not still in high school? Are you saying our coaches don't know where to go to recruit? Interesting you bring up perfect game...go look at the accolades all these kids have from perfect game...I'm sure you will find some way to discredit their accolades against the best high school pitching talent in the country.

  19. #199
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'm not the recruiting coordinator for one and you brought up 84 mph high school cookies not me. While playing at this perfect game, are they not still in high school? Are you saying our coaches don't know where to go to recruit? Interesting you bring up perfect game...go look at the accolades all these kids have from perfect game...I'm sure you will find some way to discredit their accolades against the best high school pitching talent in the country.
    You brought up high school, not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They didn't suck at it in high school, they don't suck at it in the summer. A lot of guys are moving on this year and changes will be made and we will see how it plays out. Did all Trahan's recruit suck in 2012? A lot of Those same guys deggs coached in 2013-14?

  20. #200
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,305

    Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Just off of the top of my head Nick Lee, Hogan Harris, Dylan Poncho, Handsome Monica, and Todd Lott I am pretty confident had garnered P5 interest and MLB interest. Edit, Kennon Fontenot is another. I think he was a JT recruit. Could be wrong on that one.

    I'm sure CajunT can pull some names for you.

    I'm just telling you what the perception of the staff is of JT's recruiting abilities. They don't necessarily believe in his coaching ability, but said he is great at closing on recruits. I think someone has to come in and have control over who is targeted though.
    They signed in fall 2015 a few months after JT got here. Recruiting started YEARS before that. All he did was mail out the paper work.

Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •