_ _ _ _
Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Status Quo or Changes

Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    They sound like some snowflakes!....
    Hahaha! Not quite.... in fact, just the opposite.

So is today THE day we begin to turn this thing around

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    So is today THE day we begin to turn this thing around
    Im ready for the co hitting coach to be named

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Too bad your kid isn't a lefty because we have a couple of them LOL !
    If you don't think kids like Cooke, Stone and Connor Joffrion are not impressive HS signees, I'm going to have to disagree with you. Over the last 2 years I've had to the opportunity to see all 3 play in the playoffs in person or on TV. I haven't seen Caleb Black or Blake Schultz play in Texas, but from what I've read about them and the offers they held, they look to be very good as well. I think the HS talent has been at least good the last few classes, but our JC signees have not been great.JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If you don't think kids like Cooke, Stone and Connor Joffrion are not impressive HS signees, I'm going to have to disagree with you. Over the last 2 years I've had to the opportunity to see all 3 play in the playoffs in person or on TV. I haven't seen Caleb Black or Blake Schultz play in Texas, but from what I've read about them and the offers they held, they look to be very good as well. I think the HS talent has been at least good the last few classes, but our JC signees have not been great.JMO

Do you think juco pitchers make an easier transition into our program than juco position players do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Do you think juco pitchers make an easier transition into our program than juco position players do?
    I tend to give Coach Rob more rope when it comes to pitching because of his long history of success. But in recent years, outside of Schmidt what other JC pitcher has made an impact on the mound for the Cajuns? Remember, we didn't see the real Schmidt his junior year because of injury. But his reputation coming out of JC was of a LHP that knew how to pitch in the zone. None of the JC pitchers we signed this season come in with that reputation, all I've heard is that they all throw hard. Look at their stats and there is nothing special in those numbers.

I still prefer bringing in high school arms. Those guys seems to have success early. Some have been baptized by the fire, but more often than not they turn out ok.

Just wait until next year... whats brewing is special..

Is anyone starting to think that maybe Wells isn't the guy? Perhaps somewhere along the line he was going to get it, but then someone else who was highly qualified came along showing great interest. The more time that passes, the more I believe this is the case. I still don't think it'll be Wells. I'd be very much okay with him, I just have a belief something else is happening that we aren't aware of is taking place.

The time frame has much to do with having to wait for the window to expire. All openings must be advertised for a certain time. This is about the time that window finishes up. That's why you haven't heard anything official.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The time frame has much to do with having to wait for the window to expire. All openings must be advertised for a certain time. This is about the time that window finishes up. That's why you haven't heard anything official.
    Job was never posted.

But in recent years, outside of Schmidt what other JC pitcher has made an impact on the mound for the Cajuns?.
    What about Carson Baranik?... Cody Boutte?...they were JC guys I think...

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Job was never posted.
    Well, that's what I was told by someone in the department. Hmmmmm......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    What about Carson Baranik?... Cody Boutte?...they were JC guys I think...
    Recent years, to be more specific the last 3 years. He's had a number come in and pitched well in the past, but that hasn't been the case outside of Schmidt in the past 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    So they can't make an 'official' announcement yet, but the new guy is reaching out to the players? This just seems very odd.

Recent years, to be more specific the last 3 years. He's had a number come in and pitched well in the past, but that hasn't been the case outside of Schmidt in the past 3 seasons.
    To be fair the guys we had didn't really require it, leger, marks, guillory, moore,Harris lee, Burke..but will bacon, jevin huval, Eric Carter and Schmidt are guys that pitched pretty dam good for us out of juco/cc

I'm going to disagree with that, T. Since Boutte, (four years), the Cajuns have only had a few JC pitchers besides Schmidt. Five to be exact.

Will Bacon 7-3, 1 save. 3.29 ERA 89K/106.2 innings
    Eric Carter 7-3, 4 saves, 2.62 ERA 86K/72 innings
    Jevin Huval 3-3, 3 saves, 3.27 ERA 65K/72.2 innings

In his only healthy season, Colton Lee was 2-3, 3 saves 3.40 era 42K/42.1 innings.

The other JUCO was Grant Cox this past season.

You can't tell me these guys didn't make some significant contributions to the pitching staff. Hopefully Cox will be better next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    To be fair the guys we had didn't really require it, leger, marks, guillory, moore,Harris lee, Burke..but will bacon, jevin huval, Eric Carter and Schmidt are guys that pitched pretty dam good for us out of juco/cc
    Bacon and Huval at times were decent, neither were special. Carter came on strong after his first year here, but none had the major impact of Schmidt who become our #1 this past season. The impact of our JC players in the past few seasons have been marginal at best. I don't agree with people that say our HS recruiting has been bad, not according to the offers that many of them had when they signed with UL. JMO

Bacon and Huval at times were decent, neither were special. Carter came on strong after his first year here, but none had the major impact of Schmidt who become our #1 this past season. The impact of our JC players in the past few seasons have been marginal at best. I don't agree with people that say our HS recruiting has been bad, not according to the offers that many of them had when they signed with UL. JMO
    We didn't expect these guys to be All-Americans like Schmidt. None came in with his pedigree.

They did what they were supposed to do, provide quality bullpen depth. They did that. To downplay what they did because they weren't Colten Schmidt isn't quite fair. They weren't expected to be.

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast