_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Status Quo or Changes

Default Status Quo or Changes

Status quo or changes what say you?

Don't think anybody was happy with the season, especially after last night.

Default Re: Status Quo or Changes

I'd be interested to see if anyone would want to maintain status quo.

However, I think making changes is much more complicated than simply firing JT and hiring a new hitting coach due to our current staff makeup and unique hierarchy. I'm very curious to see how Robe handles it after end season evaluations.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'd just blame this season on the doubting fan... and before I made any changes to the baseball program itself... I'd insist UL build a nicer baseball facility. The one thing we know works is the awesome post game broadcasts... "no doubt".

Blog Entries

Robe knows changes are needed. We are in a 3 year downward spiral in hitting. Changes have to be made.

When just 4 years ago we had the greatest offense in the country, and now the mendoza line seems like a pipe dream for most hitters, I think you can guess where I think changes need to be made. Pitching was dog ____ in the tournament, but Robe has a nearly 30 year record of proving he can coach pitchers, talbot on the other hand has proven that he can take some of the highest rated recruits and make them regress into barely serviceable T ball hitters.

1. Sell the baseball stadium.
    2. Use the proceeds to hire Matt Deggs again.
    3. Move to Fabacher Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Typical hyperbole

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Sell it to whom exactly?

I know you're not serious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I'd be interested to see if anyone would want to maintain status quo.

However, I think making changes is much more complicated than simply firing JT and hiring a new hitting coach due to our current staff makeup and unique hierarchy. I'm very curious to see how Robe handles it after end season evaluations.
    The decision is Coach Rob's and his alone. He discussed how hard it is to get fans back once you lose them early this season at a Diamond Club Luncheon. He has made changes in the past, but he is a very loyal person and will always run his program that way.

I will be there again next season, but I won't allow myself to get excited about the signees we bring in and lower my expectations.

Talbot won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Talbot won't be back.
    Maybe so, but you have to replace your hitting coach and only recruiter with someone who doesn't mind coming in and being #3 in the hierarchy and picking up everyone else's slack on the recruiting end. Tough to find someone that would be willing to do that.

Maybe so, but you have to replace your hitting coach and only recruiter with someone who doesn't mind coming in and being #3 in the hierarchy and picking up everyone else's slack on the recruiting end. Tough to find someone that would be willing to do that.
    Not if they know coming in that the job is a proven stepping stone to being a head coach... Simineaux, Schef, Deggs.

Chase Lambin

While very true, we have seen past hitting coaches go on to greater successes. This is a job that definitely boosts the resume if done right. I have no doubt that there's coaches out there who would jump instantly at the opportunity to stepping into that third base box wearing a Cajun uniform.

All of those guys were number 2 in the hierarchy. Deggs has to demand the control he got and I think if he could have got more of his guys on the payroll he might have stayed.

Talbot wasn't in coaching when we hired him. You would think coming off of a record breaking year, number 1 ranking etc., the job could have garnered more interest in light of the stepping stone consideration, but we hired Talbot. I don't buy that it was all because he coached the same system as Deggs.

We hired Talbot because we thought that he would continue the successes of Deggs since they were both at Texas A&M. Unfortunately, it hasn't panned out.

I'm willing to think that Robe would allow some of the reigns to be implemented by our new hitting coach if he knew that the results would be successful.

This is a very important point that most people just glance over. It's a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is a very important point that most people just glance over. It's a big deal.
    Might be time to move Bab to the front office if we are serious about making it back to Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Might be time to move Bab to the front office if we are serious about making it back to Nebraska
    +100

The changes discussed are quite large.

Not the kind made by a person staring retirement down.

Comfortable = status quo

Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast