_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC tournament game time.

Default Re: SBC tournament game time.

Blog Entries

We just gonna have to measure our alcohol consumption accordingly lol

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hearing thunder in the Milton/Youngsville area right now. I guess that's slightly outside the 8 mile radius.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Hearing thunder in the Milton/Youngsville area right now. I guess that's slightly outside the 8 mile radius.
    I hear it from Broussard in your direction exactly. Probably heading towards coteaux

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I know it's probably been asked already but do students get in free for the tournament.
    Yes

Indefinitely delayed

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL vs Little Rock will start 45 minutes after the conclusion of Troy vs Texas State which squates to 11:00 PM and 1900 fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    UL vs Little Rock will start 45 minutes after the conclusion of Troy vs Texas State which squates to 11:00 PM
    Wow is there a cut off time for starting games ? I mean that will put us playing untill 0200 hrs

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And seeing the stadium from my back yard I am scratching my head trying to figure out why they are not playing....ain't heard any thunder or seen any lighting nor rain......

So stupid that they are "monitoring" another cell. Just get started while there's no current lightning! I swear if we get ____ed and have to play our game tomorrow morning and then have to play 2 games in one day because of the Sun Belt's incompetence I will be severely ____ed off.

The lightening rule is the most inexplicably stupidass rule in the world. PLAY THE DAMN GAME

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm running in river ranch. Weather is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I'm running in river ranch. Weather is beautiful.
    #HumbleBrag

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm guessing it's the cells passing to the west of Lafayette.

http://www.katc.com/category/295321/...hd-street-view

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    So stupid that they are "monitoring" another cell. Just get started while there's no current lightning! I swear if we get ____ed and have to play our game tomorrow morning and then have to play 2 games in one day because of the Sun Belt's incompetence I will be severely ____ed off.
    Sorry but this isn't Sunbelt incompetence. It is about following a protocol that almost every sports venue in the country follows in this day and age. Lightning strikes have been recorded up to 15 miles from a storm. I've witnessed this on at least two occasions I can remember.

A few years back we got called off a soccer field and decided to end practice since we were close to finishing anyway. After everyone left a parent turned around to go back and check on something. He told us that when he got back less than two minutes after we left there was a black smoldering spot on the ground where we were standing.

I also had a friend struck by lightning on campus next to the engineering building many years ago as well. Cloudy day but no rain at the time. He woke up in the hospital with third degree burns and nerve damage but survived. Numerous students around him weren't hurt thank goodness.

Point is that no one is going to take a chance with lightning in this day and age. It is what it is but don't blame the SBC, school or umps.... blame mother nature.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Am I going to be able to go get my tickets from the baseball ticket office when I get to the Tigue? Or are they shutting down ops at some point?

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    #HumbleBrag
    Haha. If only I lived here. Just a nice place for a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Sorry but this isn't Sunbelt incompetence. It is about following a protocol that almost every sports venue in the country follows in this day and age. Lightning strikes have been recorded up to 15 miles from a storm. I've witnessed this on at least two occasions I can remember.

A few years back we got called off a soccer field and decided to end practice since we were close to finishing anyway. After everyone left a parent turned around to go back and check on something. He told us that when he got back less than two minutes after we left there was a black smoldering spot on the ground where we were standing.

I also had a friend struck by lightning on campus next to the engineering building many years ago as well. Cloudy day but no rain at the time. He woke up in the hospital with third degree burns and nerve damage but survived. Numerous students around him weren't hurt thank goodness.

Point is that no one is going to take a chance with lightning in this day and age. It is what it is but don't blame the SBC, school or umps.... blame mother nature.
    Amen

Let's take the chance anyway...get out there a swing that metal pole..you should be fine...hopefully

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast