_ _ _ _
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36
Results 701 to 713 of 713

Thread: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,715

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    When I find out about those businesses, I stop spending my money there. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Then you can add Kohl's (on Amb Caff) to your list. I was there on Saturday: right when you walk in there is a selection of ls-pooh stuff and also saints. But no UL gear that I could see. I couldn't even find a manger to inquire/complain, so I just walked out.

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Maybe it was just the people I knew, but seemed like you had more students coming from that specific area than any other in the state.
    I'm mostly talking about grabbing the sidewalk athletic (football) fan. I'm there often, and I can't ever recall seeing a billboard or radio advertisement for Ragin Cajun athletics.

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Then you can add Kohl's (on Amb Caff) to your list. I was there on Saturday: right when you walk in there is a selection of ls-pooh stuff and also saints. But no UL gear that I could see. I couldn't even find a manger to inquire/complain, so I just walked out.
    So true. I've even seen some Auburn crap in there.

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Then you can add Kohl's (on Amb Caff) to your list. I was there on Saturday: right when you walk in there is a selection of ls-pooh stuff and also saints. But no UL gear that I could see. I couldn't even find a manger to inquire/complain, so I just walked out.
    Good to know. I don't think we've ever
    stepped foot in that place anyway.

    We should have a thread dedicated to businesses like this. Acadiana's team baby.

  5. #705
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,459

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    1. Push your brand, etc here and do whatever you can to attract local fans
    2. Recognize that even in the most die hard areas (Baton Rouge/LSU for instance) there is a segment of the population that just PREFERS to go against the grain and pull for someone else just to be different. Do every thing we can to be that someone else everywhere we can. Have no fear or reservations of going after new fans, no matter what other school is there.
    3. Just win. Obviously. Bandwagon fans are a key component, and the only way to get them is to win.


  6. #706
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Good to know. I don't think we've ever
    stepped foot in that place anyway.

    We should have a thread dedicated to businesses like this. Acadiana's team baby.
    I was in Drug Emporium (directly across the street from Cajun Field/ track stadium) couple of days ago and their check out lines had nothing but LSU cups and other garbage at each line. WTF.

    You can literally see Cajun Field while standing in line.

  7. #707
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,739

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Maybe it was just the people I knew, but seemed like you had more students coming from that specific area than any other in the state.
    Worked in the Northshore area my last year before retiring. A huge no. of kids from that area are considering becoming Ragin Cajuns. Add that to the south shore and I think the New Orleans area is where many of our students are going to come from. I saw a stat last year. No. of students from Orleans, St. Tammany, Jefferson, and St. Charles parishes combined equaled the no. from Lafayette Parish. Of course expecting many season tickets from over 2 hours away is a little unrealistic at this stage. Down the road it can become more of a focus.

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,217

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Worked in the Northshore area my last year before retiring. A huge no. of kids from that area are considering becoming Ragin Cajuns. Add that to the south shore and I think the New Orleans area is where many of our students are going to come from. I saw a stat last year. No. of students from Orleans, St. Tammany, Jefferson, and St. Charles parishes combined equaled the no. from Lafayette Parish. Of course expecting many season tickets from over 2 hours away is a little unrealistic at this stage. Down the road it can become more of a focus.
    Boomer would love this stat.

    When I graduated from Jesuit 11 years ago, 7 other students came to UL besides me. They're now averaging 15-20 in every class since then. Our brand is growing in the area.

  9. #709
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,739

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I was in Drug Emporium (directly across the street from Cajun Field/ track stadium) couple of days ago and their check out lines had nothing but LSU cups and other garbage at each line. WTF.

    You can literally see Cajun Field while standing in line.
    Would it be worthwhile making a list of Acadiana area businesses that cater to other schools and not the Cajuns. I am not suggesting a boycott of those businesses as that has no impact if they don't know they are being boycotted. What could happen is when folks go in there they could inform management in a courteous way they are limiting there purchases there because they could not find Cajun stuff. Of course supporting businesses that support the Cajuns is wise. Just because they put a sign in their door does not mean they are true supporters however.

  10. #710
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,739

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Boomer would love this stat.

    When I graduated from Jesuit 11 years ago, 7 other students came to UL besides me. They're now averaging 15-20 in every class since then. Our brand is growing in the area.
    The public schools of St. Tammany parish are seeing a dramatic increase in the no. of students headed this way.

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,804

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    It's tough on the merchandise thing, store owners put things out that sell. The UL gear doesn't sell because they put out crap product with giant 3D flaming peppers on it with yellow everywhere so it just sits on the shelf, store owner doesn't put it out because it doesn't sell. The university needs to get a handle on licensed merchandise and get rid of all the cheesy crap. A lot of LSU stuff sells because they have a lot of cheesy fans.


  12. #712
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,217

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Yes. You could go walk into a local Albertsons right now and find all of the UL gear with yellow flames and peppers on it. Talk about hideous.


  13. #713
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    I originally brought up the boycott thing in this thread...I didn't mean boycotting bc they carry LSU garb...I meant boycott businesses who are TAF donors and not RCAF...or local business owners who have LSU season tickets but not UL...


  14. #714
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I originally brought up the boycott thing in this thread...I didn't mean boycotting bc they carry LSU garb...I meant boycott businesses who are TAF donors and not RCAF...or local business owners who have LSU season tickets but not UL...
    Hahahahahaha

    Look what you did!

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,683

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I originally brought up the boycott thing in this thread...I didn't mean boycotting bc they carry LSU garb...I meant boycott businesses who are TAF donors and not RCAF...or local business owners who have LSU season tickets but not UL...
    There is a company who comes to one of the plants that has an LSU logo on his work shirts coughing Kelly pump coughing.. convinced the maintenance supervisor to reduce his role in the plant by 75% lmao

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Worked in the Northshore area my last year before retiring. A huge no. of kids from that area are considering becoming Ragin Cajuns. Add that to the south shore and I think the New Orleans area is where many of our students are going to come from. I saw a stat last year. No. of students from Orleans, St. Tammany, Jefferson, and St. Charles parishes combined equaled the no. from Lafayette Parish. Of course expecting many season tickets from over 2 hours away is a little unrealistic at this stage. Down the road it can become more of a focus.
    A bunch of my sons friends from Brother Martin, Jesuit, Mt Carmel and Dominican are going to UL this year. More than I can ever remember. The dorms and all the cash they are throwing out are huge attractors.

  17. #717
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    There is a company who comes to one of the plants that has an LSU logo on his work shirts coughing Kelly pump coughing.. convinced the maintenance supervisor to reduce his role in the plant by 75% lmao
    Keep up the great work, young man...

  18. #718
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    171

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    So true. I've even seen some Auburn crap in there.
    Seriously, I found a Lafayette College jersey at the Kohl's Ambassador store - took a picture of it:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  19. #719
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    Seriously, I found a Lafayette College jersey at the Kohl's Ambassador store - took a picture of it:
    Haha. Wow. Knuckleheads.

  20. #720
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,375

    Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Boomer would love this stat.

    When I graduated from Jesuit 11 years ago, 7 other students came to UL besides me. They're now averaging 15-20 in every class since then. Our brand is growing in the area.
    ....and dont forget all the coeds that follow the Jesuit guys to UL!!! Mt Carmel, Dominican, Ursuline, etc!!! Lol

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •