_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I did not take it as a brand new stadium (doubt we build a new one ) but it's a fun idea to run with and might be more of a possibility than we think
    Agreed....although i like the idea, or at least thinking about it, I had not in the least took that from his comments when I first read them, so was a little shocked to read this article.

But now thinking about it, it may well be just as feasible to build a new one rather than try to bring the current up to code, etc. And of course, it could go in the area where the Car show was just located. Plenty of room, and little disruption while it is going up....we could park at blackham, etc., and just shuttle for one season. The students park in the north EZ parking lot.

We should not have spent money on the end zone seats if we were building a new stadium. I hope we tear down the upper deck and put suites/press box on both sidelines. I would like to see everyone closer to the field.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

We are not going to flush the millions of dollars put into the South end zone project.

Whatever code problems there are, they are limited to the home side structure.

If there is a need to tear down the entire home side structure, I'll bet you'll see a similar end zone project done in the North end zone and the home side season tickets moved there and to the visitor side until construction is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We are not going to flush the millions of dollars put into the South end zone project.

No if the project cost 51% of the original structure cost to build you have to update the entire structure to code.

It was stupid building a bowl below sea level in south Louisiana in the first place
    Are there structural issues with the current lower bowl? I have no engineering experience whatsoever but it just seems like the perfect blank canvas to build whatever you want on top of it.

If there is a need to tear down the entire home side structure, I'll bet you'll see a similar end zone project done in the North end zone and the home side season tickets moved there and to the visitor side until construction is complete.
    Hoping they keep the grass, it really encourages fans with children to attend/stay. I think in today's climate where the game is secondary to the experience, the grass is a good way to attract those types of people.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No if the project cost 51% of the original structure cost to build you have to update the entire structure to code.
    With a structure built 45+ years ago, that's a pretty low number in today's dollars, right?

They are not limited to the home side by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Hoping they keep the grass, it really encourages fans with children to attend/stay. I think in today's climate where the game is secondary to the experience, the grass is a good way to attract those types of people.
    No one is showing up because of a grass hill. Build a kids park and make it even better. Not to mention safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    OK. So, we built the South end zone project, knowing we had these Code issues?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    With a structure built 45+ years ago, that's a pretty low number in today's dollars, right?
    I know the SEZ project was extremly close to triggering us to have to get everything up to code

Before anyone else does, I'll ask another question: who was the AD in charge of that project?

Yes why the project HAD to be kept under a certain amount and why we have temporary concessions on that side

No one is showing up because of a grass hill. Build a kids park and make it even better. Not to mention safer.
    I can tell you I did and so did many of my friends and family. Love the grass hill!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I can tell you I did and so did many of my friends and family. Love the grass hill!
    So why not go during non football times and have the hill to yourself? Not to mention free. Don't need a pesky game getting in the way of hill sliding. 😁

So why not go during non football times and have the hill to yourself? Not to mention free. Don't need a pesky game getting in the way of hill sliding. 😁
    If this was a thing, we would have done it. In hindsight I'm just glad none of my kids got hurt or hurt anyone else. They did ____ off plenty of people over the years.

That is correct. The upper deck and lower bowl on both sides are out of code. The most glaring thing being the slope of the stadium. That's why the SEZ is at a different slope than the rest of the stadium. The slope has everything to do with the seat pitch and height difference between rows. The aisle width is not correct either. Look at the difference between the SEZ and the old section of the stadium the next time you are at the stadium. The difference is obvious and significant.

If you go to certain areas of the front row of the lower seating, don't look at the retaining wall it will freak you out if you understand what is going on. Don't drop anything in the cracks in the joints either, you won't get it back. There is a reason why they have plates over the joints as you enter the seating in the lower bowl. They were built flush but are trip hazards now.

Exposed rebar in the upper deck and bowl is rusting, but any rebar totally encased in concrete is probably ok. The concrete acts as a protection. Some of the rusting you see are the feet of continuous chairs used to hold the rebar up from the form work and is nothing to worry about. Other areas are significant but nobody has seen fit to condemn the upper deck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That is correct. The upper deck and lower bowl on both sides are out of code. The most glaring thing being the slope of the stadium. That's why the SEZ is at a different slope than the rest of the stadium. The slope has everything to do with the seat pitch and height difference between rows. The aisle width is not correct either. Look at the difference between the SEZ and the old section of the stadium the next time you are at the stadium. The difference is obvious and significant.

If you go to certain areas of the front row of the lower seating, don't look at the retaining wall it will freak you out if you understand what is going on. Don't drop anything in the cracks in the joints either, you won't get it back. There is a reason why they have plates over the joints as you enter the seating in the lower bowl. They were built flush but are trip hazards now.

Exposed rebar in the upper deck and bowl is rusting, but any rebar totally encased in concrete is probably ok. The concrete acts as a protection. Some of the rusting you see are the feet of continuous chairs used to hold the rebar up from the form work and is nothing to worry about. Other areas are significant but nobody has seen fit to condemn the upper deck yet.
    So we would have to replace the entire home and visitor side ?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

Thank you for the info Helmut.

Well, why in the bloody heck did we waste all of that money on the SEZ? Aren't we going to HAVE TO build a new stadium from scratch?

If this is the case, then we are going top end up with an FAU erector set stadium built where Tailgating is now.

Thank you for the info Helmut.

Well, why in the bloody heck did we waste all of that money on the SEZ? Aren't we going to HAVE TO build a new stadium from scratch?
    Do you know who our AD was at the time ?

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast