_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to the SBC Tourney

Default Looking ahead to the SBC Tourney

I'd like to see Perrin start on Wed night.
    Save the big guns for later. I think he's proven he can pitch in big situations and if he can eat up 6 solid innings, sets us up nicely for the weekend.

Default Re: Looking ahead to the SBC Tourney

I don't think we can afford to ____ around with our rotation. I'm not against it but when is the last time backwards pitching worked in a conference tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'd like to see Perrin start on Wed night.
    Save the big guns for later. I think he's proven he can pitch in big situations and if he can eat up 6 solid innings, sets us up nicely for the weekend.
    Serious question, has Robe ever shown those type of stones in the postseason? Didn't he move the weekend rotation vs. South Carolina in '00? But that was with two different Ace's.

If it works as mentioned we would be sitting so pretty!

Blog Entries

I 'll leave the game day tactics to Robe but I agree this scenario would be awesome should it play out like that

Win Wednesday and Thursday with Schmidt and Harris. Let other teams burn pitchers on Friday. Beat whoever on Saturday with Lee. Then focus on beating Coastal on Sunday.

There are years when the conf tourney doesn't matter but this year is different. I feel like if we make it to the finals having won the conf tourney, and the out of
    Conf SOS...we are in as an at large. They will take 2 teams from the sunbelt. And if we get to the finals against Coastal we should be in. Stay with the rotation we have. We have Perrin as a 4th starter or Batty. That's a tough task for freshman but we are at home, and anything can happen.

And Schmidt could be available for an inning or two of relief on Championship Sunday if he goes game 1

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Win Wednesday and Thursday with Schmidt and Harris. Let other teams burn pitchers on Friday. Beat whoever on Saturday with Lee. Then focus on beating Coastal on Sunday.
    You trust Lee playing for a championship? I don't. Not saying he can't do it. He has the tools, but I'd rather him on Wed then on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    There are years when the conf tourney doesn't matter but this year is different. I feel like if we make it to the finals having won the conf tourney, and the out of
    Conf SOS...we are in as an at large. They will take 2 teams from the sunbelt. And if we get to the finals against Coastal we should be in. Stay with the rotation we have. We have Perrin as a 4th starter or Batty. That's a tough task for freshman but we are at home, and anything can happen.
    Troy's RPI is 42. Troy seems to be in better shape than us as of now for an at large.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    I don't think we can afford to ____ around with our rotation. I'm not against it but when is the last time backwards pitching worked in a conference tournament?
    Doubt Robe will use his Sunday starter(s) on Wednesday but I can definitely see him kicking off the conference tourney with Harris instead of Schmidt. I'm that scenario, I hope Robe goes with Nick Lee to start game 3 for the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Troy's RPI is high. Troy seems to be in better shape than us as of now for an at large.
    We have to win the tournament to get in, period.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't mess around. Pitch Colten or Hogan on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We better hope for 3 teams from the belt. Troy is likely looking at a 40 win season and top 50 rpi.

Order of need for conference tourney winner.

1) us
    2) Coastal
    3) Troy

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Don't mess around. Pitch Colten or Hogan on Wednesday.
    Just for conversations sake, you'd rather Schmidt against LR and Perrin against Troy or Coastal, than the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    We better hope for 3 teams from the belt. Troy is likely looking at a 40 win season and top 50 rpi.

Order of need for conference tourney winner.

1) Louisiana -winner
    2) Coastal
    3) Troy
    If that is how it finishes. Sun Belt gets 3 teams in.

Wait and see who we are playing Wednesday and throw the best matchup.

If our first round matchup is indeed Troy, throw Schmidt, no doubt. But if a team like LR (who doesn't scare anyone offensively) makes it out, I'd like to see Perrin.

If we can't trust a third starter somewhere, we can't win anyway.

You trust Lee playing for a championship? I don't. Not saying he can't do it. He has the tools, but I'd rather him on Wed then on Sunday.
    We will need a #4 pitcher to win a championship. Schmidt or Harris won't be available. I'd rather us get to Saturday 2-0 and go from there. Schmidt and Harris are the better options to get us to 2-0

If our first round matchup is indeed Troy, throw Schmidt, no doubt. But if a team like LR (who doesn't scare anyone offensively) makes it out, I'd like to see Perrin.

Troy can not be our first game. Troy would be the winner's bracket game on Thursday. But you must win Wednesday to get to that point, so you go with Schmidt or Harris.

The opening game for the Cajuns cannot be Troy ... it will be Little Rock (if they win Tuesday) ... or the winner of UTA/Arkansas State if Little Rock loses.

I want to see a pitching strategy that gets us to the conference finals 3-0. The most important games are the first two games.

Brian

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast