Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Everybody needs to chillax....

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Thanks JJ. Haha she said she's looking forward to it.
    Happy for you bud. Y'all be safe!

Default Re: Everybody needs to chillax....

Family and I will be in Indianapolis for Memorial Day weekend. If you've never done it, I highly suggest the 500.

Just got back from NYC, checked off a bucket list item while there: went to Red Sox-Yankees game.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    My wife and I are talking about Navarre, I haven't been there since the 80s. Back then we stayed in the holidome. What are good condos there? I have heard it's really built up since the 80s.
    You won't recognize it. The entire length of Old Hwy 98 has seen unbelievable growth in the last 20 years.

When I was a kid, we stayed at the Holidome many times. Great memories.

These days, I bring my family to Ft Walton Beach every year. We prefer it to Destin because it is way less crowded, the beaches are the same, it's cheaper, and Destin is only a 5 minute drive for dining/shopping/activities.

We prefer The Breakers Condos in FWB. Very nice and very economical.

https://www.breakersfwb.com/

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Navarre...June 3rd....can't get here fast enough
    We're going July 7 for a week

I'll be in Destin next weekend for Memorial Day. It's amazing how that area came back after the hurricanes and the BP disaster. For a few years, real estate was at a standstill. Then, when the local economy came back around 2013, the building and development continued. Now, developments are going up by the minute east of Sandestin. That entire peninsula from the Fort Walton/Destin bridge all the way to 30A is covered in condos built on top of one another.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I'll be in Destin next weekend for Memorial Day. It's amazing how that area came back after the hurricanes and the BP disaster. For a few years, real estate was at a standstill. Then, when the local economy came back around 2013, the building and development continued. Now, developments are going up by the minute east of Sandestin. That entire peninsula from the Fort Walton/Destin bridge all the way to 30A is covered in condos built on top of one another.
    Sorry to see that. My first trip to Destin was in 1968. When you got off the bridge from Ft. Walton, the town extended for about another half mile. No condos, etc. Just a few mom and pop motels. Nice quaint little village. We have family who retired there after being stationed at Eglin AFB.

Yeah, even just within the past 20 years, the area has skyrocketed with developments. And I still love the place, just not the traffic on 98.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You won't recognize it. The entire length of Old Hwy 98 has seen unbelievable growth in the last 20 years.

When I was a kid, we stayed at the Holidome many times. Great memories.
    Ah, the Holidome. It was a second home for me growing up. First time we went there it was the only place there. Sad to see it go. The resort they put there just isn't the same. A shame we're going to miss y'all in Ft. Walton by a week. Oh and by the way, Happy Birthday you old fart!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Sorry to see that. My first trip to Destin was in 1968. When you got off the bridge from Ft. Walton, the town extended for about another half mile. No condos, etc. Just a few mom and pop motels. Nice quaint little village. We have family who retired there after being stationed at Eglin AFB.
    Even as recent as the late 80s, it was still pretty small. A close family friend has a cool picture in her condo, aerial photo that encompassed the bridge, channel and lone standing Jetty East off in the back ground.. Incredible to think how the area exploded in 30 years.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

As someone who enjoys golf when I have the time (and time to practice so I don't look horrible) I've enjoyed staying at San Destin. I've had some reasonable rates at times.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    My wife and I are talking about Navarre, I haven't been there since the 80s. Back then we stayed in the holidome. What are good condos there? I have heard it's really built up since the 80s.
    Yes there are a couple of nice high rise condos, and many of the smaller ones. The beaches are as nice as Destin, without the kajillions of people. We love it and go every year. We used to stay at the Santa Rosa RV park, but this year we are staying at whichever of the condos my wife picked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3