_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Lott and Moll were both given ample chances early and both failed, striking out at alarming rates (around 50%). To make matters worse for Lott, he does not walk, so he never got on base. Up until last week the most productive thing he did was get hit by pitches. Because he has been so awful, pitchers are not scared of him and are now just throwing it over the plate. Let's see how pitchers attack him this weekend now that he has found his stroke. Another bat to protect Fontenot would be huge. It also looks like LaFleur is coming around.
    How do you offer an opinion of games you obviously don't watch?
    His first Bomb was an a change up out of the zone. Lott went and got it.
    Second bomb was a 60% swing on a breaking pitch.

Get it together knucklehead.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I'm so happy for Lott. You can easily see his talent, but it hasn't come together for him. He seems like a great kid too. Let's hope he stays hot for us and shows his real potential
    He'll stay hot as long as dumbass in the third base box leaves him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I personally think Lott ignored JT on Sunday when he hit the first pitch he saw for a homer. Now he's got 3 HR in 5 ABs. Keep ignoring him Todd!

Agreed 100%.

I'm really torn about next season. I'm an alum and have had season baseball tickets for a long time. I've stated several times this year that if "dumbass" is back, I'd not renew my tickets, but that was mostly out of anger. It will be very interesting to see what Tony does about "dumbass". While I don't want to pull support for the program, I really don't think I can watch another season with "dumbass" in charge of offense. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Agreed 100%.

I'm really torn about next season. I'm an alum and have had season baseball tickets for a long time. I've stated several times this year that if "dumbass" is back, I'd not renew my tickets, but that was mostly out of anger. It will be very interesting to see what Tony does about "dumbass". While I don't want to pull support for the program, I really don't think I can watch another season with "dumbass" in charge of offense. We shall see.
    Unfortunately, a lot goes into consideration with that decision. We will see what Robe does.

I noticed on Todd's first at bat he was WAYYYY behind on the fastball pitches - like the ball was already in the catchers glove by the time he started swinging. You could see that he was hesitating at the plate and was just unsure of what to do with the bat - like his mind was somewhere else. Then his two HR's were the exact same - they were off-speed pitches that he was waiting for and he just reached out and out they went. I've never seen a guy hunt down the off-speed pitch like that while at the same time not really having a good feel for the fastball. His struggles are 100% mental, hopefully he's had enough of being bullied at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I personally think Lott ignored JT on Sunday when he hit the first pitch he saw for a homer. Now he's got 3 HR in 5 ABs. Keep ignoring him Todd!
    That was a titanic shot. Hawkins-esque.

How do you offer an opinion of games you obviously don't watch?
    His first Bomb was an a change up out of the zone. Lott went and got it.
    Second bomb was a 60% swing on a breaking pitch.

Get it together knucklehead.
    Followed on Radio. And I saw quite a few AB early on. He was lost at the plate. So happy he had a good game. Next step is to have back to back good games and to get his BA above his weight. He deserves a start on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    I noticed on Todd's first at bat he was WAYYYY behind on the fastball pitches - like the ball was already in the catchers glove by the time he started swinging. You could see that he was hesitating at the plate and was just unsure of what to do with the bat - like his mind was somewhere else. Then his two HR's were the exact same - they were off-speed pitches that he was waiting for and he just reached out and out they went. I've never seen a guy hunt down the off-speed pitch like that while at the same time not really having a good feel for the fastball. His struggles are 100% mental, hopefully he's had enough of being bullied at the plate.
    His struggles are 100% due to someone trying to change his swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    I think he's had too much "dumbass" in his ear all season long. Looks as though he may have found a "dumbass" ear wash.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    It's really this simple...we had a bunch of OF and corner IF who could not hit. Robe went with the better defensive players.
    Yes, that is absolutely what Robe did after abandoning the early failed process of developing a DH. My point is that the attempts to develop a DH early on failed because the process used was a failing process.

DH opportunities were spread thin over 7 players early in the season and none of them were given a fair chance to get into a rhythm. Each was asked to catch lightning in a bottle, but were only given about a 4 ounce bottle. That does not work in baseball and it did not work here.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That was a titanic shot. Hawkins-esque.
    Halfway up the pine right next to the left side of the scoreboard. On a reach swing. Pure power

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Yes, that is absolutely what Robe did after abandoning the early failed process of developing a DH. My point is that the attempts to develop a DH early on failed because the process used was a failing process.

DH opportunities were spread thin over 7 players early in the season and none of them were given a fair chance to get into a rhythm. Each was asked to catch lightning in a bottle, but were only given about a 4 ounce bottle. That does not work in baseball and it did not work here.
    I think in Lott's case, the lack of hard hit balls early on worked against him. kasuls does not have a great average, but he does get some load outs. Also, one walk in over 40AB in college baseball is not acceptable. That said, he deserves the start this week.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you listened to the post game with Robe, its not 100% he starts first game vs ULM, but I think very likely he does the next two. On Friday's (Thursday this week), Robe goes in understanding it's typically your lowest scoring game and you go with your strongest defense to keep the mistakes down. There's a big difference at first between Stover and Fontenot and at 3rd as well.

The thing about this week is that ULM doesn't have a really low ERA Friday guy. So maybe you go ahead and slot him in.

The way this team was hitting early on, you give the best talent the at bats to find his groove. There is no doubt Lott was/is that guy.

I know the round you get drafted in determines how many chances you get in the minors and I know it's a lot about money invested. But it wouldn't happen across the board if it didn't work in some capacity. I'd say that translates to better recruiting in the college ranks. Top notch recruit gets ample time to find it and becomes highly successful. Much better than a top recruit getting sporadic at bats and draft stock plummets. Key fact here is there was no one better to put in the DH spot. JMO.

Todd Lott is the most purely talented natural hitter on this baseball team. I don't care if he started the season 0-50, he should have been in the lineup. We've said it all season, his upside was much higiher than anyone taking DH hacks. Everytime he would start to string some good ABs together, he'd get benched for "defense" or whatever the excuse was.

I know for a fact, two major technical changes were made to his swing. By the hitting coach.

So when we say he looked hesitant, lost and mental at the plate, imagine thinking your way through every shot on the golf course.. from take away to ball contact.. It's damn near impossible to execute consistently.. I'll say it for the 10000th time.. You can't think your way through a swing..

Why on earth would you tamper with a natural hitter? It's just flat out 'god complex' teaching.

Todd Lott is the most purely talented natural hitter on this baseball team. I don't care if he started the season 0-50, he should have been in the lineup. We've said it all season, his upside was much higiher than anyone taking DH hacks. Everytime he would start to string some good ABs together, he'd get benched for "defense" or whatever the excuse was.
    The very first game against Texas Todd was in left field when a sky high pop up went directly to him and plopped down two feet in front of him without any sort of effort....I don't think he's seen the field since. He's too talented to not play at DH though.

Blog Entries

WRONG. Your response is totally non-responsive to my post other than to blankety make the same conclusory statement which is exactly what I said has not happened and why the attempts to develop any DH this year has been a miserable failure.

Everybody knows that each and every one put up for the DH role sucked in performance and other than to support my position that no one up for the DH role has been given ample batting appearances in a row to develop a rhythm that information is completely superfluous to the point and analysis.

One or two at bats in a row (41 at bats spread over 21 games only once three games in a row and there as a pinch hitter) every other week just does not cut it. That type of "ample opportunity" yields the results we have seen. The coaching staff has failed each of these kids by splitting up the opportunities to all of them and giving none of them a true chance to succeed. The evidence is in the pudding. No one produces when they are sent to the plate for only a couple of opportunities knowing that it's produce or next man up. Baseball doesn't work that way and particularly hitting does not work that way. The game is way to mental for success under that amount of pressure and those terms. Thus a number of kids who have been otherwise successful as hitters previously being unfairly branded as zeros and no production for the team. Just My Opinion.
    How many times has Robe said the good good pitchers are the ones who can get the batter out his third tine through.

ps he never said "good good" that's me taking descriptive liberty.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Did we win the Louisiana mid-week crown? If I remember correctly we went 1-1 vs. SLU, 1-0 vs. Nicholls, swept McNeese, swept State, swept Tulane, 1-1 vs. Neck, 1-0 vs. UNO.

I spoke with Moll one day he was in the batting cages hitting off of a tee 4 hours before the game. This young man continue to work and it will pay dividends in the future,

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast