_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 121

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

  1. #101
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    He was an all star and I think led the Alaskan league in hitting this year. He's going to the Cape this year. Questions will be answered soon about his talent level. Then we can go from there
    The Cape only takes the best. Stevie Wonder can see he's got talent coming out his ears. Tons of recruiting at summer ball.

  2. #102
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,366

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Downloaded this a few weeks ago. We've had good improvement at the top of the lineup since then but the yearly progression is pretty grim.
    These are the through 53 game numbers
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,385

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    These are the through 53 game numbers
    Jay walker says you cant look at stats in baseball they don't tell you the story

    However, people that know sports can see our strikeout, OBP & batting average numbers are very alarming

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Jay walker says you cant look at stats in baseball they don't tell you the story

    However, people that know sports can see our strikeout, OBP & batting average numbers are very alarming
    Tell Jay Walker that when taking 5 yrs into consideration, the current year is the worst in 11 out of 25 stats and pitching is the worst in 5 (and we would have worst in 5 more if 13 were not in the picture) out of 19 stats, it pretty much tells a story.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,065

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    .237 BA

    Sheesh......


  6. #106
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    .237 BA

    Sheesh......
    BA was stuck at .229 to .231 for weeks until last week. Slug and on base % are better metrics, but they suck too.

    We will finish in the bottom 10% nationally for multiple offensive stats.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,065

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Yeah that's not good


  8. #108
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,366

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Just for comparison, here's the comparison of our previous 15 games to the same set on those teams (games 39 to 53). Just picked 15, no reason other than it's a good enough size selection of games. How you're playing now is more important than the full season. Still room for improvement

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #109
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,411

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    BA was stuck at .229 to .231 for weeks until last week. Slug and on base % are better metrics, but they suck too.

    We will finish in the bottom 10% nationally for multiple offensive stats.

    When you consider those batting stats, it is amazing the team has clinched a winning season. I actually give them credit for finding a way to do so despite the issues with the bats. You have to stay together as a team to be a winner in that situation.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,292

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When you consider those batting stats, it is amazing the team has clinched a winning season. I actually give them credit for finding a way to do so despite the issues with the bats. You have to stay together as a team to be a winner in that situation.
    What's even more incredible is the pitching numbers are not all that good...

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What's even more incredible is the pitching numbers are not all that good...
    Maybe Jay is correct then. Only the record tells the story because any rational evaluation of the stats as a whole can in no way support the record which we have right now.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,070

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Jay walker says you cant look at stats in baseball they don't tell you the story

    However, people that know sports can see our strikeout, OBP & batting average numbers are very alarming
    Mr. Dead Air is a moron.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,623

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    If you just looked at the stats and didn't know the team, would anyone think that team would be 7 games about .500 with 7th toughest schedule?


  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,385

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Maybe Jay is correct then. Only the record tells the story because any rational evaluation of the stats as a whole can in no way support the record which we have right now.
    We got luckey a few times we would have lost the GAST series if not for a 6 error game by them

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,292

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Maybe Jay is correct then. Only the record tells the story because any rational evaluation of the stats as a whole can in no way support the record which we have right now.
    In fairness to both parties, you can never fully tell a story with just stats.
    Stats are just one of many pieces to the puzzle.

    IMO, our overall record is not the most impressive thing we've accomplished this season. It's the record against RPI top 50. Some of these wins make no sense as compared to stats and circumstance.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,292

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We got luckey a few times we would have lost the GAST series if not for a 6 error game by them
    True. But we've also been hosed about 3-4 times, whether it be bad umping or unlucky bounces.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    You could be the 10th worst team in the country and have a winning record with the 10th toughest schedule.

    Theoretically.

    If your opponents all played one of their 6 worst games of the year when facing you.

    Stats don't lie. ... Their just hard to interpret.


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You could be the 10th worst team in the country and have a winning record with the 10th toughest schedule.

    Theoretically.

    If your opponents all played one of their 6 worst games of the year when facing you.

    Stats don't lie. ... Their just hard to interpret.
    So the "luck factor" can and sometimes has a substantial effect on a proper interpretation?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Mr. Dead Air is a moron.
    You know him well?

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 7, Tulane 6

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Mr. Dead Air is a moron.
    Cause and effect.

    Every announcer should have a color guy.

    No dead air, and if they do their job, they make you look smarter.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •