_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

1. Ragin' Cajuns UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

Seniors Taylor Walker and Alena Hrusoci each turned in a pair of third-place finishes to earn all-conference honors and lead the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns track and field team on the final day of the 2018 Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships on Sunday at the Bobcat Track and Field Complex.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL Finishes Ninth At SBC Outdoor Championships

That was pretty bad. Looking at the results, there were many events we didn't even have athletes entered in. How does that happen in a college program? Women finished 9th of 12 and the men did worse finishing 9th of 10.

These results are just unacceptable. We were not even competitive as a team. Track has such a tradition here. The facilities have improved. Not sure why we have such poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That was pretty bad. Looking at the results, there were many events we didn't even have athletes entered in. How does that happen in a college program? Women finished 9th of 12 and the men did worse finishing 9th of 10.
    Exactly. Did we have a bunch of sprinters quit? We had one person each in the M & W 100m and 200m. One person in W 400 and no one in the men's.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Exactly. Did we have a bunch of sprinters quit? We had one person each in the M & W 100m and 200m. One person in W 400 and no one in the men's.
    Heck I was thinking maybe they went on a short bus and could only bring 20 athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    These results are just unacceptable. We were not even competitive as a team. Track has such a tradition here. The facilities have improved. Not sure why we have such poor results.
    All of our facilities have improved. Yet, we struggled in football, are struggling in baseball, Golf again finished 7th in the Conference championship, Tennis (both men and women) were one and done in the Conference championships, Cross Country finished 5th (both men and women) in the Conference championship, and Soccer again finished with a losing record 5-10-2.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    All of our facilities have improved. Yet, we struggled in football, are struggling in baseball, Golf again finished 7th in the Conference championship, Tennis (both men and women) were one and done in the Conference championships, Cross Country finished 5th (both men and women) in the Conference championship, and Soccer again finished with a losing record 5-10-2.
    I don't think Soccer has ever done well here. At least Volleyball has shown huge improvements, and that's another program that seemed to be a dead end.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Actually we've been pretty good in track and field from time to time.

Softball, and baseball are the only sports we've been good at for the long haul. Next is men's basketball. Aside from those we pretty much are run of the mill and worse.

Blog Entries

Pathetic

Need to overhaul our Olympic sports program

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Need to overhaul our Olympic sports program
    I agree this is unacceptable with new AD and facilities

A G5 schools with a small athletic budget like ourselves will not be competitive in all sports. I am happy with the sports UL is putting an emphasis on. I do agree the results are disappointing.
    I alway thought the coaches of the minor sports should get a four year contract. If big improvement is not achieved, move on to the next coach. I think the volleyball coach is an example of a coach who earned a second contact. The soccer coach is an example of one who should not be retained.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Pathetic
    This is one time I'm damned well going to agree with you....

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    A G5 schools with a small athletic budget like ourselves will not be competitive in all sports. I am happy with the sports UL is putting an emphasis on. I do agree the results are disappointing.
    I alway thought the coaches of the minor sports should get a four year contract. If big improvement is not achieved, move on to the next coach. I think the volleyball coach is an example of a coach who earned a second contact. The soccer coach is an example of one who should not be retained.
    We are competing in the Sun Belt. There is no excuse for this type of result.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Pathetic
    .....ok,how about this??? We drop men's track and replace it with wrestling and hire the football coach from Kaplan as the coach.....T in C!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We are competing in the Sun Belt. There is no excuse for this type of result.
    VOB stated in another thread (and accurately so) that we lack in the field. As much as I love to see us compete and kick butt in the distance events, that discipline has never been the recipe for success in the track season. The last time we made a real run for a men's T&F championship (2002), we scored some unexpected points in distance events mixed in with heavy points in Field and great performances from our hurdlers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Don't we now have the same soccer coach from 10 years ago? Maybe there's no resources to replace him, but if there is, then let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Don't we now have the same soccer coach from 10 years ago? Maybe there's no resources to replace him, but if there is, then let's do it.
    I'm fairly confident you could drive out to Moore Park during club season and find 4-5 individuals who could do a better job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....ok,how about this??? We drop men's track and replace it with wrestling and hire the football coach from Kaplan as the coach.....T in C!!! Lol
    No thanks . Human Resources would have a field day with me . Wouldn't give Savoie the satisfaction. Keep throwing money down the sh.t hole seems to be the way . Maybe a couple more scholarships for out of country kids as well !!

Its hard to recruit when there's not much leadership. Track suffers from this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast