_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,027
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    You have to give the man ,Glasco credit . He played with someone else's players and did well . I wish UL would hold EVERY SPORT to softball's standards . Then we might start understanding how hard it is to win Year in and Year out .


  2. #62
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,534

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    We only scored 5 runs in the tournament


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,312
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    ____ her and the horse she rode in on she should not be allowed back on campus
    Woah! Where did that come from? I must have missed something.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,312
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    We've beaten them 3 times out of 4 so far. But don't let facts get in the way of an opinion.
    3 out of 5.

    My point is that these two teams are very evenly matched but TX State has the regular season and tournament championships.

    No reason to take anything away from TX State. Claiming the Cajuns are better than them sounds a little petty at this point.

    I am impressed with how this Cajun team is fighting this season but give credit to TX State.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,083
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    You have to give the man ,Glasco credit . He played with someone else's players and did well . I wish UL would hold EVERY SPORT to softball's standards . Then we might start understanding how hard it is to win Year in and Year out .
    Good points

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,171

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Woah! Where did that come from? I must have missed something.
    You did not read her letter she wrote about the univ at the beginning of the season ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,078
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    I know that if I don't take this opportunity to say Glasco is the greatest coach in the history of the world then I will be accused of being in some kind of cult but, he has not coached one single girl up to hit the ball with any kind of authority. He admitted that he had to call on Shelly Landry to get Comeaux to make her way back into the lineup. Glasco had an entire season to get at least a couple of players to have a chance at the plate. It seems that all we do is try to put the ball in play and hope the other team makes a mistake. The only thing worse than our hitting is our base running. He takes the bat out of the hands of the only players who even have a chance to hit the ball.

    I hope like heck that in a couple of years I am eating my words but right now I feel like if our pitcher does not pitch a perfect game we will struggle to beat the worse team in the field of 64.

    JMO and I really hope I am wrong. Rant over.


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,078
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You did not read her letter she wrote about the univ at the beginning of the season ?
    Why in the world would you hold this letter against Lexie? She is arguably the best softball player ever to play for us and she certainly should have the right to state her opinion and tell us about her experiences while here.

    ML is gone. I get that, but you can't hate everyone who had a good experience playing for UL under him.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    breaux bridge
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I know that if I don't take this opportunity to say Glasco is the greatest coach in the history of the world then I will be accused of being in some kind of cult but, he has not coached one single girl up to hit the ball with any kind of authority. He admitted that he had to call on Shelly Landry to get Comeaux to make her way back into the lineup. Glasco had an entire season to get at least a couple of players to have a chance at the plate. It seems that all we do is try to put the ball in play and hope the other team makes a mistake. The only thing worse than our hitting is our base running. He takes the bat out of the hands of the only players who even have a chance to hit the ball.

    I hope like heck that in a couple of years I am eating my words but right now I feel like if our pitcher does not pitch a perfect game we will struggle to beat the worse team in the field of 64.

    JMO and I really hope I am wrong. Rant over.
    Lost 65 hrs from last year's team which included 2 transfers and several graduates.
    Returned a pitching staff that had 26 innings pitched. Has the team in an NCAA regional and actually won 3 out of 5 from the conference champion. I'm also sure he will self scout after the season, like all coaches do, and see which areas he can improve upon. Under the circumstances I say he has had a great first year. None of us know if he will become a great coach here, but he has kept the program in great shape when some were predicting a total collapse, maybe even an exodus of players capable of shutting down the season. Good luck in the regional to an impressive group of young ladies!

  10. #70
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,366

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Lost 65 hrs from last year's team which included 2 transfers and several graduates.
    Returned a pitching staff that had 26 innings pitched. Has the team in an NCAA regional and actually won 3 out of 5 from the conference champion. I'm also sure he will self scout after the season, like all coaches do, and see which areas he can improve upon. Under the circumstances I say he has had a great first year. None of us know if he will become a great coach here, but he has kept the program in great shape when some were predicting a total collapse, maybe even an exodus of players capable of shutting down the season. Good luck in the regional to an impressive group of young ladies!
    And their Coaching Staff!!!!!!!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    breaux bridge
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And their Coaching Staff!!!!!!!
    Absolutely, I should have included them in my post.

  12. #72
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,366

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Absolutely, I should have included them in my post.
    Team RP, glad you gave me an opportunity to play on something we agree on all fours.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,027
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Professional Help Needed .


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Not Bad ladies.
    Ranked in top 25 heading to a regional. Really did not think we would be sitting here with all the crap that has happened. Lotief is old news and is done. Can we stop talking about him? Lotief is not coming back. Time to start the new era of post season glory by winning the BR regional again!


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,171

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Why in the world would you hold this letter against Lexie? She is arguably the best softball player ever to play for us and she certainly should have the right to state her opinion and tell us about her experiences while here.

    ML is gone. I get that, but you can't hate everyone who had a good experience playing for UL under him.
    Idc about her playing exp with lotief what bothers me is she threw her univ under the bus .. IDC who she is Terrence Broadway is arguably one of the best QBs to play under center for us but i want him as far away from this program as possible

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,027
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Professional Help Needed Quickly


  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Professional Help Needed Quickly
    Lol! Don't go look at Lotief's twitter. He really needs Professional help!

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: SB Tourney: Troy vs Texas State

    Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Lol! Don't go look at Lotief's twitter. He really needs Professional help!
    Don't get too worked up, he is his brother.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,312
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You did not read her letter she wrote about the univ at the beginning of the season ?
    I REALLY hate how this whole ordeal has panned out. Cajun fans turning their backs and making comments like this about players like Elkins makes my stomach turn.

    I'm not saying that you are wrong, because if you feel that way about her writing that letter it is your right as a fan. I don't agree with that comment but it is on par with how ugly this whole mess has gotten.

    It just really sucks how divided Cajun softball nation is right now. Glasco is obviously doing his best, which has been damn good for the deck he was dealt, and the team is fighting like hell as expected from a Ragin' Cajun softball team. As always, I am very proud of their effort and what they were able to accomplish this season, and what there is still left to do as well!

    I am really looking forward to the day Cajun softball fans all get back on the same page. I truly believe we are one of the best fan bases in the nation who support one of the top college programs in the NCAA.

    This post is not mean to call you out, lannister. More of a comment on the whole situation.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I REALLY hate how this whole ordeal has panned out. Cajun fans turning their backs and making comments like this about players like Elkins makes my stomach turn.

    I'm not saying that you are wrong, because if you feel that way about her writing that letter it is your right as a fan. I don't agree with that comment but it is on par with how ugly this whole mess has gotten.

    It just really sucks how divided Cajun softball nation is right now. Glasco is obviously doing his best, which has been damn good for the deck he was dealt, and the team is fighting like hell as expected from a Ragin' Cajun softball team. As always, I am very proud of their effort and what they were able to accomplish this season, and what there is still left to do as well!

    I am really looking forward to the day Cajun softball fans all get back on the same page. I truly believe we are one of the best fan bases in the nation who support one of the top college programs in the NCAA.

    This post is not mean to call you out, lannister. More of a comment on the whole situation.
    I have learned these Two words: Time heals

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •