_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Louisiana Is ...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Walker in the third round is pretty surprising. Makes you wonder just how poorly coached the defense really was all these years...I mean we knew it was bad but did anyone think we had a single 3 round pick on Hud's defense?
    Walker was actually viewed aa 2-3 round pick before last season started

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,756
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Don't Be Underachievers

    Attend the University of Louisiana

    DBU


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,539

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    DBU
    See our pass defense stats from last year. I wouldn't try to market us as such.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,756
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr
    See our pass defense stats from last year. I wouldn't try to market us as such.
    No one said PDU

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,457

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Walker in the third round is pretty surprising. Makes you wonder just how poorly coached the defense really was all these years...I mean we knew it was bad but did anyone think we had a single 3 round pick on Hud's defense?
    The team was poorly coached and led. Our talent level is fine for the sunbelt. We lack some depth, also because of the poor leadership.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,709

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Juuustt a bit outside! 😂

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Dude you need to stop. Metry is one of the biggest Cajun fans on the planet.


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,756
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Dude you need to stop. Metry is one of the biggest Cajun fans on the planet.
    Thank you

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thank you
    Very few fans of the Cajuns are more passionate than me. Metry is one of them.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,916

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Very few fans of the Cajuns are more passionate than me. Metry is one of them.
    It is very unfortunate, however, but some on this board would not let an accurate fact get in the way of their on agenda.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Very few fans of the Cajuns are more passionate than me. Metry is one of them.
    Thanks Dave. I still say the most fun I had at Cajun football games was when I was with you. Still remember that punter from Memphis wanting to kick your ___ after the game. Great times!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Thanks Dave. I still say the most fun I had at Cajun football games was when I was with you. Still remember that punter from Memphis wanting to kick your ___ after the game. Great times!
    Good times. His last name was Allison and I called him a girl.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Good times. His last name was Allison and I called him a girl.
    Oh, you called him more than that!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,987

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    His mom got mad at me.


  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Thanks Dave. I still say the most fun I had at Cajun football games was when I was with you. Still remember that punter from Memphis wanting to kick your ___ after the game. Great times!
    Us Metairie boys need to stay together. Bucktowncajun was my original name

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Us Metairie boys need to stay together. Bucktowncajun was my original name
    Ah yes. Home of Deanie's Seafood. I'm a Kennerite. By duh casee-nuh.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,539

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    The team was poorly coached and led. Our talent level is fine for the sunbelt. We lack some depth, also because of the poor leadership.
    Good players go out and make plays. Walker did that despite the "poor coaching". Nobody else did though. It's more than that.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,457

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Good players go out and make plays. Walker did that despite the "poor coaching". Nobody else did though. It's more than that.
    Nobody? We did win some games. My point is that there seems to be a general debate if our main problem is lack of talent or lack of development. I think our depth has been hit by the sanctions (that's on the coaches) but that our biggest problem is that we have not developed the talent we have gotten. You always want MORE talent...more 3 stars, an occasional 4 star, some 2 stars that flew under the radar etc. But our BIGGEST problem the last several years is nobody seemed to get significantly better because our coaches developed them. Especially the skill guys.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Nobody? We did win some games. My point is that there seems to be a general debate if our main problem is lack of talent or lack of development. I think our depth has been hit by the sanctions (that's on the coaches) but that our biggest problem is that we have not developed the talent we have gotten. You always want MORE talent...more 3 stars, an occasional 4 star, some 2 stars that flew under the radar etc. But our BIGGEST problem the last several years is nobody seemed to get significantly better because our coaches developed them. Especially the skill guys.
    With very rare exceptions, most good players at UL have made their mark immediately as Freshman or Transfers. We rarely see a guy who is a non contributor early in his career become a difference maker for us late in his career. Even on the OL and DL our better players contributed as first year players. This tells me we have a two fold problem:
    1. Our talent pool is very shallow. We rarely have talented players "waiting in the wings" and have a hard time filling up our starting 22 with premium players.
    2. We are not turning enough of our developmental players into solid contributors. I heard a lot of people the past few years say recruits were "raw" and would be good players in two to three years. History indicates this will be the exception not the rule.

    Napier's key to success will not be utilizing his 7 or 8 premium players, but getting players 9-22 to play at a Division 1 level. This is what hud did in his first few years, but could not get done in his last few.

  20. #40
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,366

    Default Re: Louisiana Is ...

    Something I guess we are very curious about is how we would fare in another conference....what effect it would have on recruiting and with the move to Cusa, AAC, or even big 12 how we could do..."my guess is that with a new or super enhanced FB stadium we could compete against say all but about 6-10 in facilities all sports considered....so we go against other factors, but just wondering what the switch could bring...would we get killed or actually be a leader in all sports...baseball and softball we are there with anybody, but what about the rest???


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •