_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

And still, after all that discussion, his surname is Glasco....not Glasgo.

Default Re: The Glasgo Transition Year

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Excuse me for not thinking poking someone in the shoulder should be a fireable offense...
    initially i didnt think so, but have been convinced otherwise by many posts, however, i would like to know why when other coaches do the same they aren't fired as well? consistency and a level playing field would be wonderful.

To answer your question, even though I'm fairly sure you know you are setting this up in a rhetorical way... We live in a society where you're told to help those who are struggling. Pick up your partner, not leave em on the curb to rot. I've known lotief for all of my life. He was my very first tee ball coach in an all black community that he volunteered his time to help out around his busy attorney schedule. He was someone I looked up to. He's always been someone who has given his time and energy to anyone who needed something. He's always been a little cheeky with his comments, so calling players a _____ I would believe he did. I'm not sold that many of the allegations by the university weren't fraudulent and made up entirely due to an ulterior motive, due to his constant griping to get more pay for his team. I know many of you probably believe everything you hear on the news as facts. I don't. If by chance some of these accusations were true, then he was truly off his rocker and most likely due to the meds he was on after so many health deteriorating conditions. The man gave his life to helping kids, coaching and teaching. I have nothing against Glasco. I'm still bitter about the way the university handled Lotief's ousting. Hope that answers your question
    you raise an interesting point... it seems the evidence leans toward it was time for lotief to go, maybe glasco is not right choice but we didnt have much choice given the timing. (my biggest concern is getting over the hump, lotief seemed stuck anyway, but how will glasco be able to win that big recruit over the sec competitor if his claim to fame is sec ties?)
    the interesting point being the service you describe. many of the "old" softball coaches truly loved the game and made great sacrifices with little reward. how will the sport continue to grow if it doesnt have coaches like that. ones that spent countless hours on youth fields teaching, making sacrifices, giving all their time and energy etc,etc. what happens when all we have left are coaches that are in it for the money and their own fame/accolades, (by no means accusing glasco of this, but i can give you a list of others)

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    you raise an interesting point... it seems the evidence leans toward it was time for lotief to go, maybe glasco is not right choice but we didnt have much choice given the timing. (my biggest concern is getting over the hump, lotief seemed stuck anyway, but how will glasco be able to win that big recruit over the sec competitor if his claim to fame is sec ties?)
    the interesting point being the service you describe. many of the "old" softball coaches truly loved the game and made great sacrifices with little reward. how will the sport continue to grow if it doesnt have coaches like that. ones that spent countless hours on youth fields teaching, making sacrifices, giving all their time and energy etc,etc. what happens when all we have left are coaches that are in it for the money and their own fame/accolades, (by no means accusing glasco of this, but i can give you a list of others)
    Did you see the commitment list for 2021 and 2022?

Default Re: The 'Glasgo' Transition Moving Forward

To answer your question, even though I'm fairly sure you know you are setting this up in a rhetorical way... We live in a society where you're told to help those who are struggling. Pick up your partner, not leave em on the curb to rot. I've known lotief for all of my life. He was my very first tee ball coach in an all black community that he volunteered his time to help out around his busy attorney schedule. He was someone I looked up to. He's always been someone who has given his time and energy to anyone who needed something. He's always been a little cheeky with his comments, so calling players a _____ I would believe he did. I'm not sold that many of the allegations by the university weren't fraudulent and made up entirely due to an ulterior motive, due to his constant griping to get more pay for his team. I know many of you probably believe everything you hear on the news as facts. I don't. If by chance some of these accusations were true, then he was truly off his rocker and most likely due to the meds he was on after so many health deteriorating conditions. The man gave his life to helping kids, coaching and teaching. I have nothing against Glasco. I'm still bitter about the way the university handled Lotief's ousting. Hope that answers your question
    He was investigated after numerous complaints to the university by players. The university has to go into defense mode at this point due to potential lawsuits by those same students on a larger scale if they don't act. I doubt the university wanted to take such drastic measures, particularly at the specific time of the whole thing. Also, the media attention it did get was not necessarily in the university's favor, especially when the university was issuing NO statements at the time. It sort of had a Lotief spin a little so I did not let it make up my mind. However, whatever you heard of Mike doing in the media came from reports and written complaints they had access to. They were likely more accurate than anything that came out of the Lotief camp. I understand your feelings and you have a loyalty to Lotief but it was time.

initially i didnt think so, but have been convinced otherwise by many posts, however, i would like to know why when other coaches do the same they aren't fired as well? consistency and a level playing field would be wonderful.
    If you think this was about a shoulder poke, you need to go back and read the reports. That was just a small portion of it that played a larger role since it was on video.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

A formal complaint was filed against Mike.....tbecause of this Maggard and in turn TJOE had to turn it over to Human Resources....once it gets to human resources Maggard and TJOE had no choice.

None of the examples you showed were against another employee of the same institution.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Now she will be forgotten by both schools in a few years
    who?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you think this was about a shoulder poke, you need to go back and read the reports. That was just a small portion of it that played a larger role since it was on video.
    Hence, why we have still yet to see that lawsuit.

Also, not to back track, but who else gets a kick out of the complaint that the grass was dying and was never cut? Since when does dead grass grow?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Did you see the commitment list for 2021 and 2022?
    What is the commitment list for 2019 or 2020?
    I heard there was a list of transfers waiting to play next year, does anybody know who they are?

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BankerCajun View Post
    What is the commitment list for 2019 or 2020?
    I heard there was a list of transfers waiting to play next year, does anybody know who they are?
    I don't think players who are currently members of D1 teams want to announce publicly that they are transferring while the current season is still underway. JMO

One player who will be like a new player is Brittany Holland, who we expected to be a major contributer this year but was injured in the first game of the season and is a medical redshirt.

http://ragincajuns.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6287

Another player who is currently sitting out following a transfer from Texas Tech is Raina Oneal.

http://ragincajuns.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6132

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    None of the examples you showed were against another employee of the same institution.
    mark richt's assistant didnt work at the university? if they didnt then why arent they investigated for illlegal extra coaches? seemd harder than a shoulder poke? ironically if these big time coaches behave this way on camera you dont think there is more off camera we arent being told? again doesnt excuse lotief, but there does seem to be some questions that need answering. but again RP is more about points than solving the issue

Blog Entries

mark richt's assistant didnt work at the university? if they didnt then why arent they investigated for illlegal extra coaches? seemd harder than a shoulder poke? ironically if these big time coaches behave this way on camera you dont think there is more off camera we arent being told? again doesnt excuse lotief, but there does seem to be some questions that need answering. but again RP is more about points than solving the issue
    You make some good "points."

Did his assistant file a complaint with HR? Like with Lotief?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No....there are no questions to be answered. He got himself fired by his own behavior. There is no way on Earth that Savoie wanted to fire Mike.....he...had...no...choice.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There is no issue to be solved here. Decision made months ago by a group (Human Resources) that had no choice but to act as they did. What happened at other schools is not pertinent.

never said he didnt... just want to know why the others arent also?

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You are perfectly free to entrust your daughters to his coaching and teaching if you feel so strongly about him being an altruistic servant of the people and a victim of a witch hunt by the university.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    who?
    your Mom.

Whats up sucka??

Z

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast