_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

Default Re: The Glasgo Transition Year

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Speaking of , whatever happened to the title 9 lawsuit & the 2 loons trying to sue the univ for defamation
    Better call Saul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    That isn't just your opinion, those are facts.

That bitter little man tried to burn the program down to the ground after his shenanigans were exposed and he was shown the door. There is nothing he would have loved more than for every player to transfer out of the program.

He was 100% responsible for the 3 girls who transferred. He not only encouraged them, but also made the phone calls to make it happen. He also contacted Ole Miss and had them open the door for Kelli Martinez to transfer. Fortunately, Martinez decided to stay in Lafayette and finish her career as a Ragin Cajun. I have much respect for Kelli making such a level headed decision in a time of great turmoil.
    I met the Martinez family for senior weekend. Very nice people. I told them all thanks for letting her come and play for the Cajuns. Four years went by so fast. She is a great player and always seems to have a great attitude out there. Going to miss her next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    There will be no law suits by anybody. They don't want to expose themselves to discovery.
    I've been saying this since the week this all went down. There was never going to be a lawsuit.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I met the Martinez family for senior weekend. Very nice people. I told them all thanks for letting her come and play for the Cajuns. Four years went by so fast. She is a great player and always seems to have a great attitude out there. Going to miss her next year.
    Yeah the wife and I sat next to a few of The Martinez family ....great folks....also met Brittany Rodriguez between games on Saturday.....thanked her for playing one year and how much we enjoyed watching her play.....

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    ____ hurt..
    -fumble- is a commonly used phrase among Tiger fans and really old people who can't coach anymore... which are you?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Not the same vermilion cheeba all you circle jerk boys are smoking evidently... speaking of which, which one of you _____s has the best grip? You're all entitled to your opinion and no one here is giving you ____ for it. But heaven forbid someone doesn't spew the same bull____ you all do. Glasco might be a good coach, but I seriously doubt his program will run at the elite level it was running at before. I'd love to eat crow, just don't think it's gonna happen.
    And if it doesn't run at the elite level it was before, is that not largely on Lotief and his continued actions that put the university in a no-win situation??

I've asked that question in this thread, or pointed it out, more than once. Any response to that?

Glasgo may not be the answer, but there is one underlying, main reason he was hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    And if it doesn't run at the elite level it was before, is that not largely on Lotief and his continued actions that put the university in a no-win situation??

I've asked that question in this thread, or pointed it out, more than once. Any response to that?

Glasgo may not be the answer, but there is one underlying, main reason he was hired.
    To answer your question, even though I'm fairly sure you know you are setting this up in a rhetorical way... We live in a society where you're told to help those who are struggling. Pick up your partner, not leave em on the curb to rot. I've known lotief for all of my life. He was my very first tee ball coach in an all black community that he volunteered his time to help out around his busy attorney schedule. He was someone I looked up to. He's always been someone who has given his time and energy to anyone who needed something. He's always been a little cheeky with his comments, so calling players a _____ I would believe he did. I'm not sold that many of the allegations by the university weren't fraudulent and made up entirely due to an ulterior motive, due to his constant griping to get more pay for his team. I know many of you probably believe everything you hear on the news as facts. I don't. If by chance some of these accusations were true, then he was truly off his rocker and most likely due to the meds he was on after so many health deteriorating conditions. The man gave his life to helping kids, coaching and teaching. I have nothing against Glasco. I'm still bitter about the way the university handled Lotief's ousting. Hope that answers your question

To answer your question, even though I'm fairly sure you know you are setting this up in a rhetorical way... We live in a society where you're told to help those who are struggling. Pick up your partner, not leave em on the curb to rot. I've known lotief for all of my life. He was my very first tee ball coach in an all black community that he volunteered his time to help out around his busy attorney schedule. He was someone I looked up to. He's always been someone who has given his time and energy to anyone who needed something. He's always been a little cheeky with his comments, so calling players a _____ I would believe he did. I'm not sold that many of the allegations by the university weren't fraudulent and made up entirely due to an ulterior motive, due to his constant griping to get more pay for his team. I know many of you probably believe everything you hear on the news as facts. I don't. If by chance some of these accusations were true, then he was truly off his rocker and most likely due to the meds he was on after so many health deteriorating conditions. The man gave his life to helping kids, coaching and teaching. I have nothing against Glasco. I'm still bitter about the way the university handled Lotief's ousting. Hope that answers your question
    Video of him putting his hands on a female coworker. That wasn't fabricated. If you are gonna be an azhole to people you better CYA.

Excuse me for not thinking poking someone in the shoulder should be a fireable offense...

Fair enough, but you do realize that if antics like this had basis in facts and continued despite previous closed door conversation, the university was setting itself up for a potential lawsuit if nothing was done.

Also, as a father of daughters, I wouldn't appreciate a male coach calling my daughter that. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. If a female coach did, that's one things, and a male coach calling a male athlete such...happens all the time. But male authority towards a younger female, I have a problem with that.

And that's not the sole reason. It was continued stuff, over the course of years. One or two things wouldn't have been something for him to be fired over, or else it would have happened earlier.

Excuse me for not thinking poking someone in the shoulder should be a fireable offense...
    Doesn't matter what you think, how exactly would that go for the university, a public institution, if the said employee pursued damages with video evidence and the university did nothing? He put himself in that position..nobody else. He is now in the private sector, free to treat people however he would like. I wonder if paying fathers will allow that type of language and behavior without a scholarship hanging over their head.

He fired himself with his behavior. Move on

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Doesn't matter what you think, how exactly would that go for the university, a public institution, if the said employee pursued damages with video evidence and the university did nothing? He put himself in that position..nobody else. He is now in the private sector, free to treat people however he would like. I wonder if paying fathers will allow that type of language and behavior without a scholarship hanging over their head.
    Once a formal complaint reached the desk of Human Resources it was out of Maggard and Savoie's hands.....he fired himself.....period.

I would surely hope no damages would be awarded for a poke in the shoulder. And here lies the problem. Are we in a progressive society or is this the old days? Frivolous litigation occurs all the time now. Progressive society. Yet, in this day where women are equal, why does the old school double standard still occur? This action is okay with a male but not a female. This is hypocrisy at its finest. You can't have your cake and eat it too...

As much as so many of you see black and white, morality is subjective and will always be a shade of gray.

The thing about Mike is that he is on your side 100% when he's with you. But if you cross him, he could be your worst nightmare. I always got along with him when we would cross paths, but I also know how is when he gets aggravated. And this time, he went too far.

When you "fight" for your team, there is a way to go about it without berating others and acting out of line to where you create a liability factor for both yourself and the university. And here's the part that always gets me about this whole soap opera. If you really think that the university would go out of their way and completely fabricate a story about a softball coach asking for the grass too be cut, then I can't help you there. I think it's safe to say that there's a lot of other issues that both the university and athletic department have on their hands than what the softball coach wants/needs/is griping about. Plus, if the university really wanted to hurt the softball program, they wouldn't have hired an SEC assistant coach and pay him even more money than before. So, let's face it. Mike got fired because he stepped out of line. How can someone who's so pro-title IX tell a female co-worker that she's a token hire for being a woman? And then physically poke her while doing so? According to HR standards, that's physical assault regardless of how mild it may sound.

At the end of the day, it's done. I refuse to put ANY of our coaches above the name on the jersey. It's appalling to me that there's still fans within our softball program who made it all about the coach rather than looking at the bigger picture. I guess time will have to heal everything in this matter.

I would surely hope no damages would be awarded for a poke in the shoulder. And here lies the problem. Are we in a progressive society or is this the old days? Frivolous litigation occurs all the time now. Progressive society. Yet, in this day where women are equal, why does the old school double standard still occur? This action is okay with a male but not a female. This is hypocrisy at its finest. You can't have your cake and eat it too...

As much as so many of you see black and white, morality is subjective and will always be a shade of gray.
    Hypocrisy is a man putting his hands on a female that is supposed to be all about the females. Again, if mike wasn't such an azhole and so degrading, maybe that employee doesn't file a complaint. You reap what you sow. His behavior caught up with him.

Hypocrisy is a man putting his hands on a female that is supposed to be all about the females. Again, if mike wasn't such an azhole and so degrading, maybe that employee doesn't file a complaint. You reap what you sow. His behavior caught up with him.
    I've heard from multiple sources that he also threatened to physically harm our former AD while in the President's office when all of that drama of him resigning back in 2013 occurred. And the sad part about that is the fact that Dr. Savoie took his side, and this man STILL pulled this stunt this past Fall.

He thought he was untouchable, and it came back to haunt him.

And yet it is a fireable offense under hostile workplace and sexual harassment laws. And it was in conjunction with verbal abuse to a female colleague, plus witnessed by an Assistant AD and the abused colleague's assistant. Do you believe Dr. Authement and Dr. Maggard would submit a public record incident report out with outright lies? I believe you are thinking emotionally.

I spent over 30 years in management in the public sector, at times supervising 50 or more employees. I had to be aware of hostile workplace and sexual harassment issues, and was involved in the handling of numerous complaints. There are many on this board who are or were in management positions. With the testimony of the parties and witnesses to the verbal abuse and "poking", and the testimony of the player who claims abuse, our University was exposed by Lotief to actionable offenses, in my opinion.
    Lotief has never claims he was off his medications because he would have to admit the testimony of the complainants' was factual.

Blog Entries

Glasco can make us all forget about the ML fiasco. Just win baby.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Glasco can make us all forget about the ML fiasco. Just win baby.
    It worked when Yvette left. No need for it to stop now.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast