_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The Glasgo Transition Year

Sadly. All for the ego of one man.

Glasco said he does not care about sunbelt titles just NCAA tourny wins .. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    While that may be true, I also suspect that they are not playing as much where they are now as opposed to the playing time they would have had here. Be that as it may, I think the young ladies that transferred were acting more on emotion than reason, and as a result, they may have made a mistake by transferring. Just my opinion though.
    I've always had the belief that had Lotief done the classy thing and told them to stay with their teammates, that they would have. I also believe that he outright encouraged their departure and helped them land at their present schools to get back at UL for him being "wronged".....jmo

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    DJ is 4th on her team with 137 AB's & Aleah is 6th with 131 so they are playing. Arizona's #1 pitcher has logged 201 IP with Alyssa throwing 95. 3rd on the team is 31 IP.
    I've heard some interviews with DJ that are a little disappointing. First, she said when she got to Oregon she couldn't believe the atmosphere and the fan support. Yeah, like she never had that before. She also said she's learned so much defensively while at Oregon. She said that's because, at UL,
    defense was not a major concern and that she has improved significantly since being at Oregon. Meanwhile, if I'm correct, Aleah is hitting just below .150 in Pac-12 play.

Glasco might be a good coach, but I seriously doubt his program will run at the elite level it was running at before. I'd love to eat crow, just don't think it's gonna happen.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Glasco might be a good coach, but I seriously doubt his program will run at the elite level it was running at before. I'd love to eat crow, just don't think it's gonna happen.
    We can remind you of that when the softball Cajuns earn a Super Regional appearance. That likely won't be this year but let's see what happens in 2019 and beyond.

15 years of dominating the Sun Belt, but only 1 win in OKC. Let's see how long it takes Glasco to get 1 and hopefully more.

People were saying the same thing when Yvette left. I think we turned out alright after that.

I might speak my mind but I also purchase tickets every year. Even bought conference tickets knowing I wouldn't be able to attend. B

Blog Entries

1win in OK is fantastic, so is just getting there. Can't knock that.

Anyone knocking Glasco off of season #1 is very premature.

I can't help but put both knocks in the same camp.

Still its just my opinion.

Very good question has been dodged by the Glasceaux doubters...are you just not fans of Glasceaux hire?...or mad the way things went down?...certain answer to that question would probably take some of the harsh comments away

Well. The Cajuns went to Refineryville last year with, perhaps, the best power-hitting team in the nation. And lost. Chances are, they're going back this year. If so, I like the Cajuns' chances. Here's why. I think the pitching is better this year than it was last year. LSU can not hit. They are second to last in every hitting category in the SEC. They have survived with outstanding pitching. Now, both Walljasper and Hoover are a little banged up. If the Cajuns put pressure on the Tiger infielders with small ball, just like the Cajun men did this weekend against Coastal, anything can happen. The LSU shortstop, third baseman and second baseman are really not that good. Their fielding percentage is in the lower tier of the SEC. Over the years the Cajuns have only lost twice at Tiger Park. I say let's go and see what happens.

I don't know much about softball.

But if you can't be impressed with what Glasco has done, you're either an uneducated sports fan or sour grapes over Lotief. There really is no in between.

The man rebuilt a team on the fly, using a completely different system than the roster was intended for, purposely played more players and pitchers because he had to evaluate on the fly, had zero fall ball and little time to prep for the season, lost the top 6 most productive players from last year's team, had to deal with nothing but negativity (including the cult fans that worship Lotief and trashed everyone for doing the right thing), and finished an unfortunate few percentage points out of a regular season title, in a year where the SBC was actually much better than in years past.

In reality, no one even has a full assessment of this coach or his staff yet.

I'm not the world's greatest assessor by any means.

But I'm totally amazed at the emergence of Summer Ellyson.

The staff Glasco has hired is going to help put them over the top.

Summer, the improvement from Kylie Jo and the beginning of a solid career from Casey Dixon is the main reason this team is as good as it is.

Baseball and softball are two different sports. But in some ways, they're very similar.

It all starts with pitching.

And, as recruiting builds and the stud pitchers say yes, this coaching staff will help make them elite.

We have had two elite pitchers (emphasis on ELITE) under the Lotief's.

Brooke Mitchell could have won in OKC if she hadn't gotten hurt in the 03 regional.
    And Ashley Brignac was elite until her injury...and she won in OKC.

That's what wins at the highest level. Not a gazillion homers.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't know much about softball.

But if you can't be impressed with what Glasco has done, you're either an uneducated sports fan or sour grapes over Lotief. There really is no in between.

The man rebuilt a team on the fly, using a completely different system than the roster was intended for, purposely played more players and pitchers because he had to evaluate on the fly, had zero fall ball and little time to prep for the season, lost the top 6 most productive players from last year's team, had to deal with nothing but negativity (including the cult fans that worship Lotief and trashed everyone for doing the right thing), and finished an unfortunate few percentage points out of a regular season title, in a year where the SBC was actually much better than in years past.

In reality, no one even has a full assessment of this coach or his staff yet.
    TxSt would have had to win all 4 of their cancelled games to win the regular season title. Good chance that would have happened but still unknown.

I remember hearing or reading that Glasco was worried about national titles not regular season titles. I feel good about going to a BR regional. Competing and/or winning there puts the program in the same place that the last guy who coached here left it. Good enough start for me and a sign of better things to come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

We have had two elite pitchers (emphasis on ELITE) under the Lotief's.

Brooke Mitchell could have won in OKC if she hadn't gotten hurt in the 03 regional.
    And Ashley Brignac was elite until her injury...and she won in OKC.

That's what wins at the highest level. Not a gazillion homers.
    Dang, hard to leave Jordan Wallace's freshman campaign out of elite pitching performances. Didn't she pitch in a BR regional and only give up a single run the entire weekend?

To be fair, "Elite" is a very arguable description.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Very good question has been dodged by the Glasceaux doubters...are you just not fans of Glasceaux hire?...or mad the way things went down?...certain answer to that question would probably take some of the harsh comments away
    We all know the answer to this question...

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    I've always had the belief that had Lotief done the classy thing and told them to stay with their teammates, that they would have. I also believe that he outright encouraged their departure and helped them land at their present schools to get back at UL for him being "wronged".....jmo
    That isn't just your opinion, those are facts.

That bitter little man tried to burn the program down to the ground after his shenanigans were exposed and he was shown the door. There is nothing he would have loved more than for every player to transfer out of the program.

He was 100% responsible for the 3 girls who transferred. He not only encouraged them, but also made the phone calls to make it happen. He also contacted Ole Miss and had them open the door for Kelli Martinez to transfer. Fortunately, Martinez decided to stay in Lafayette and finish her career as a Ragin Cajun. I have much respect for Kelli making such a level headed decision in a time of great turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    That isn't just your opinion, those are facts.

That bitter little man tried to burn the program down to the ground after his shenanigans were exposed and he was shown the door. There is nothing he would have loved more than for every player to transfer out of the program.

He was 100% responsible for the 3 girls who transferred. He not only encouraged them, but also made the phone calls to make it happen. He also contacted Ole Miss and had them open the door for Kelli Martinez to transfer. Fortunately, Martinez decided to stay in Lafayette and finish her career as a Ragin Cajun. I have much respect for Kelli making such a level headed decision in a time of great turmoil.
    Speaking of , whatever happened to the title 9 lawsuit & the 2 loons trying to sue the univ for defamation

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Speaking of , whatever happened to the title 9 lawsuit & the 2 loons trying to sue the univ for defamation
    There will be no law suits by anybody. They don't want to expose themselves to discovery.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast