_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    In year one?
    It's the only way these Lotief supporters (or Glasco haters) will accept that Glasco can continue making this program an elite program.

Default Re: The Glasgo Transition Year

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Grammar and punctuation check.
    See post #45 - bears repeating -- Your right I agree with you the above is hard to read thanks for noting.

I think Glasco has probably tried to put a square peg in a round hole at points throughout the season. Would of like to have seen him adapt to the girls strengths a little more. We obviously don't have the team speed he is use to coaching and tried to force it. But it is a transition year. With a full year next year he can hopefully develop players he has while bringing in his kind of kids

Maybe it would be a good thing to go to the NCAA Division 1 softball individual statistics to see how the girls that left did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Maybe it would be a good thing to go to the NCAA Division 1 softball individual statistics to see how the girls that left did this year.
    Helmut,
    FYI - went to NCAA stats page - https://www.ncaa.com/stats/softball/...ndividual/1151 -
    and found the following through 5/3:

DJ Aleah
    13 HRs - tied for 39th in country with 19 others Not in top 50
    0.27 HR per game - tied for 52nd with 4 others Not in top 50
    RBIs - not in top 30 Not in top 30
    Slugging %age - not in top 50 Not in top 50
    Batting average - not in top 150 Not in top 150 (Note Alissa@#131 with .381 BA)

Steep drop from last year.

Denham ranks 82nd nationally in ERAs at 1.95 (Summer is alone at #41 with ERA of 1.58)

Denham not noted in rankings for hits per game ( Summer is #27 at 4.38 per game, Walljasper at #28 with 4.45 and Rupp at #41 with 4.77 hits per game)

Denham not in national rankings for # of victories - Summer at #43 with 17 wins as of 5/3.

Note these numbers are a snapshot ending on 5/3 - Summer's and Alissa Dalton's numbers will be better after this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    Denham ranks 82nd nationally in ERAs at 1.95 (Summer is alone at #41 with ERA of 1.58)

Denham not noted in rankings for hits per game ( Summer is #27 at 4.38 per game, Walljasper at #28 with 4.45 and Rupp at #41 with 4.77 hits per game)

Denham not in national rankings for # of victories - Summer at #43 with 17 wins as of 5/3.

Note these numbers are a snapshot ending on 5/3 - Summer's and Alissa Dalton's numbers will be better after this past weekend.
    I saw the same thing as you. I think probably it would have been best if the girls stayed. They would have had more of a role and contributed more here, than the schools they went to.

It may also point to the fact that Mike Lotief may have been able to develop players TO A DEGREE, but he may not have had the skill or wear withall to develop a TEAM to go all the way. He had little national experience which showed in that he could not win at all in OKC.

Also, it will be interesting to see if our pitchers get called for illegal pitches come regional play.

Given what the team went through in the late fall, i think we are in pretty good shape. I think it is a testament to the quality of coaching the girls are getting now. If you listen to the coaches radio show, you can tell that every coach knows their stuff and they are top notch coaches and individuals.

Looking at it in retrospect, things just didn't add up before.

Lot of well-thought out observations, - agree with you on all.

On a lighter note, Coach Glasceaux has taken care of the earlier re-enter issues - he has delegated to Coach Courtney to handle - no problems since. Smart move. (;^})

Also, all of Glasco's assistant coaches have had head coaching experience at the collegiate level. That's something worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think campo118 needs to buy Cajun Soldier a beer. Campo118 was getting his little brown starfish torn off all by himself, and Cajun Soldier jumped in front to offer up his back side.
    Hahahahaha

Helmut,
    FYI - went to NCAA stats page - https://www.ncaa.com/stats/softball/...ndividual/1151 -
    and found the following through 5/3:

DJ Aleah
    13 HRs - tied for 39th in country with 19 others Not in top 50
    0.27 HR per game - tied for 52nd with 4 others Not in top 50
    RBIs - not in top 30 Not in top 30
    Slugging %age - not in top 50 Not in top 50
    Batting average - not in top 150 Not in top 150 (Note Alissa@#131 with .381 BA)

Steep drop from last year.
    It should be noted that these girls are now playing a PAC12 schedule and not a SBC schedule.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    It should be noted that these girls are now playing a PAC12 schedule and not a SBC schedule.
    When Louisiana had the #1 schedule in the entire country (OOC) their SBC numbers were not dramatically enhanced.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    While that may be true, I also suspect that they are not playing as much where they are now as opposed to the playing time they would have had here. Be that as it may, I think the young ladies that transferred were acting more on emotion than reason, and as a result, they may have made a mistake by transferring. Just my opinion though.

While that may be true, I also suspect that they are not playing as much where they are now as opposed to the playing time they would have had here. Be that as it may, I think the young ladies that transferred were acting more on emotion than reason, and as a result, they may have made a mistake by transferring. Just my opinion though.
    I tend to agree with that opinion.

DJ is 4th on her team with 137 AB's & Aleah is 6th with 131 so they are playing. Arizona's #1 pitcher has logged 201 IP with Alyssa throwing 95. 3rd on the team is 31 IP.

Both started lower in the lineup but DJ is batting 3rd and Aleah 5th now. Both have played every game, started all but 1. DJ is second on the team in home runs and rbis (13/39), Aleah 4th (8/31).

Not sure about DJ, but Aleah did express regrets to former teammates after she left.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Not sure about DJ, but Aleah did express regrets to former teammates after she left.
    It's always tough for a semi-local kid to leave the comforts of this great university and supporting community after 4 1/2 years and move to of all places Arizona.

Totally agree, Slick - so sad - DJ could have been in the UL Hall of Fame with a good senior year.
    Had DJ Sanders stayed, she would have been in the UL Hall of Fame, regardless of how she performed her senior season. I heard it was part of the deal they offered to her when we were trying to keep her from transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    DJ is 4th on her team with 137 AB's & Aleah is 6th with 131 so they are playing. Arizona's #1 pitcher has logged 201 IP with Alyssa throwing 95. 3rd on the team is 31 IP.
    Thanks for the info. I did not know any of the stats. I still believe that they transferred based on emotion more than anything else. I also believe they would have been better off if they stayed. But I am a no body so take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Had DJ Sanders stayed, she would have been in the UL Hall of Fame, regardless of how she performed her senior season. I heard it was part of the deal they offered to her when we were trying to keep her from transferring.
    Now she will be forgotten by both schools in a few years

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast