_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

Default Re: The Glasgo Transition Year

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Glasco should be coach of the year given the utter s storm he walked into, was able to get true Cajun players to buy in, and almost pulled off a regular season conference championship after players quit on their teammates and went elsewhere. Yup, I'll say it again...players QUIT on their teammates.
    That's how I see it too. The seniors that left will regret their decision.

Why does everyone keep making excuses this team wasn't left for dead we were still talented plus factor in transfers and we are still a top 25 team. I expect to win the sunbelt every year no matter who the coach is we have built that reputation. I doubt we will win it every year but doesn't mean we shouldn't expect to. Players come and go no one two or three players are bigger than this program. We have never been known for recruiting studs we either develop them or they transfer into the program. For all you who keep saying I'll give this guy a pass what happened to advancing athletics at UL. I hope you say the same thing if Grambling State beat us because we don't have a QB. I thought we didn't settle we demand the best. We will win the conference tournament all will be praising Glasco but remember this is the same team that didn't win the regular season. And no Im am not a troll just a passionate Cajun Fan and supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Why does everyone keep making excuses this team wasn't left for dead we were still talented plus factor in transfers and we are still a top 25 team. I expect to win the sunbelt every year no matter who the coach is we have built that reputation. I doubt we will win it every year but doesn't mean we shouldn't expect to. Players come and go no one two or three players are bigger than this program. We have never been known for recruiting studs we either develop them or they transfer into the program. For all you who keep saying I'll give this guy a pass what happened to advancing athletics at UL. I hope you say the same thing if Grambling State beat us because we don't have a QB. I thought we didn't settle we demand the best. We will win the conference tournament all will be praising Glasco but remember this is the same team that didn't win the regular season. And no Im am not a troll just a passionate Cajun Fan and supporter.
    Sir...losing to Grambling and not winning conference tournament is NOT comparing apples to apples...

And no Im am not a troll just a passionate Cajun Fan and supporter.
    Ok, well let me ask you this.

Are you upset because you think Glasgo was just the wrong hire, or are you upset because you don't believe Lotief should have been fired?

The first part, I'd understand. The second part, I'll say again, Lotief's actions had too many in leadership afraid that he was going to get the school and athletic department sued. He left UL with no choice, and by that, due to the timing, left us without the ability for a full-scale Softball coach, IMO.

First, please use periods and commas. It is really hard to read the above. Example: Let's eat, Grandma vs. Lets eat Grandma.

Second, if you can't understand what the majority is saying on this board, then maybe it's on you for being the outlier.

I can forgive and applaud being passionate, but you appear to believe you are the only one who knows the truth and the rest of us are pretty dumb. Your use of generalizations is excessive, in my opinion. I would request you understand the audience to whom you are speaking. There is a lot of knowledge and years of watching Cajun softball on this board.

I am only seeing one other person on this board even coming close to supporting you.

[QUOTE=SlickRick;1072476]That's how I see it too. The seniors that left will regret their decision.[/QUOTE

Totally agree, Slick - so sad - DJ could have been in the UL Hall of Fame with a good senior year.

Um, we are all passionate Cajun fans and supporters, sir.

Secondly, and I'll state this once again. Glasco came in with NO Fall ball. None. He also had maybe a month to get his assistant coaches in before having to start Spring practice.

Thirdly, he lost three of his best players, two of which were his best hitters not only on the team; but possibly in the nation. And we were left with some talented, but young, hitters who had a VERY short amount of time to buy into his system.

And lastly, here we are in May. And he's on the verge of putting us in another regional.

What that man did in the short span of time is almost a miracle. With the way the team and the fans were divided over Lotief's firing; Glasco was able to come in and basically pick up from where the team left off last season by going through a meat grinder. We should be praising the job he pulled off this year.

P.S. As far as your Grambling comment, you're comparing apples to oranges. Losing to Grambling in football should never happen. At the same time, that doesn't equal not winning the regular season championship in softball; especially with the circumstances.

Default Re: UL softball settles for another split

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    That is what we all want but I'm not sure what makes you believe it so strongly. Lexie Comeaux last year hit 333 with 10 HRs this year 298 4 HRs, K Gremillion last yr 320 with 4 HRs this year 322 with 1 HR, Kelly Martinez last yr hit 326 and went 8 for 9 on stolen bases this year batted 294 and went 8 for 12 stolen bases.

It looks like we have found a DP that can hit. But it is a player who has not been coached at the plate at all this year until now, not someone who has progressed in batting practice.

I know this does not tell the whole story but our hitting overall has regressed even more than you would expect after losing our two best HR hitters. I think our pitching has improved a lot, but base running decisions stink. We have been cought stealing, thrown out at home and cought in run downs more than I have ever seen.

Not giving up on Glasco or bashing him just stating observations. I also see players having a lot more fun out there this year and this team has a never give up attitude. I cannot know for sure but I think the clubhouse is in a MUCH better place with Glasco.

Also from what it looks like Glasco might be recruiting better incoming young players in the upcoming seasons. These girls might not require the coaching up that was needed in the past. GEAUX CAJUNS, GEAUX GLASGEAUX
    Lotief also had 14 years to install, teach and develop his unique hitting style. Coach Glasco hasn't even had a year yet. Yet this team has improved each and every week. He started so much behind the 8 ball. Before the season started, I thought at best it would be a .500 team. Coach Glasco has proven so many wrong. I'm so happy for these young women. I hope they go deep in the post season. They are already winners in every sense of the word.

I don't want this season to end any time soon, but am looking forward to the upcoming years after he has had to put his own thumb print on this team.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Losing a football game vs 1 in a 3 game series is completely different but we are an at large team so i dont see you point about not winning the regular season title

Blog Entries

You can't excuse New System zero practice time "Game On."

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Um, we are all passionate Cajun fans and supporters, sir.

Secondly, and I'll state this once again. Glasco came in with NO Fall ball. None. He also had maybe a month to get his assistant coaches in before having to start Spring practice.

Thirdly, he lost three of his best players, two of which were his best hitters not only on the team; but possibly in the nation. And we were left with some talented, but young, hitters who had a VERY short amount of time to buy into his system.

And lastly, here we are in May. And he's on the verge of putting us in another regional.

What that man did in the short span of time is almost a miracle. With the way the team and the fans were divided over Lotief's firing; Glasco was able to come in and basically pick up from where the team left off last season by going through a meat grinder. We should be praising the job he pulled off this year.

P.S. As far as your Grambling comment, you're comparing apples to oranges. Losing to Grambling in football should never happen. At the same time, that doesn't equal not winning the regular season championship in softball; especially with the circumstances.
    Amen, brother.

You really don't think losing three of the best players on the team made this year a difficult situation for a new coach?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just read your post again....

Bruh....

How far into the postseason does this team need to go for you to shut the hell up?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    How far into the postseason does this team need to go for you to shut the hell up?
    They need to do something a Lotief team never did....win more than 1 game in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    They need to do something a Lotief team never did....win more than 1 game in OKC
    In year one?

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I think campo118 needs to buy Cajun Soldier a beer. Campo118 was getting his little brown starfish torn off all by himself, and Cajun Soldier jumped in front to offer up his back side.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think campo118 needs to buy Cajun Soldier a beer. Campo118 was getting his little brown starfish torn off all by himself, and Cajun Soldier jumped in front to offer up his back side.
    Now, all we need is for Reality Check to chime in to criticize us for thinking big and not settling for mediocrity.

Grammar and punctuation check.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast