_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

Default Re: UL softball settles for another split

Did you really bump the thread for this?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    I'm glad you think calling a college softball player a _____ is on par with drugging and raping women.
    Telling one of the players to kill herself is worse than what Cosby did

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm glad you think calling a college softball player a _____ is on par with drugging and raping women.
    He's gone....he got himself fired....deal with it and move on.

When are you guys going to admit Glasco won't come close to replicating the success of lotief? "We need to go get some big hitters?" Lotief built big hitters. Same reason every time we lost a stud another one popped up the next year. Our run of dominance is over folks.
    Not only will Glasco replicate the success of Lotief, he will EXCEED the success of Lotief. The Lotief era is OVER.

When are you guys going to admit Glasco won't come close to replicating the success of lotief? "We need to go get some big hitters?" Lotief built big hitters. Same reason every time we lost a stud another one popped up the next year. Our run of dominance is over folks.
    Lotief was about to get our university sued. He left us with no choice. Maybe Clasco won't duplicate the on the field success, so it's a shame Mike's antics put us in this position. Would have been nice for him to retire as a Cajun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Not only will Glasco replicate the success of Lotief, he will EXCEED the success of Lotief. The Lotief era is OVER.
    That is what we all want but I'm not sure what makes you believe it so strongly. Lexie Comeaux last year hit 333 with 10 HRs this year 298 4 HRs, K Gremillion last yr 320 with 4 HRs this year 322 with 1 HR, Kelly Martinez last yr hit 326 and went 8 for 9 on stolen bases this year batted 294 and went 8 for 12 stolen bases.

It looks like we have found a DP that can hit. But it is a player who has not been coached at the plate at all this year until now, not someone who has progressed in batting practice.

I know this does not tell the whole story but our hitting overall has regressed even more than you would expect after losing our two best HR hitters. I think our pitching has improved a lot, but base running decisions stink. We have been cought stealing, thrown out at home and cought in run downs more than I have ever seen.

Not giving up on Glasco or bashing him just stating observations. I also see players having a lot more fun out there this year and this team has a never give up attitude. I cannot know for sure but I think the clubhouse is in a MUCH better place with Glasco.

Also from what it looks like Glasco might be recruiting better incoming young players in the upcoming seasons. These girls might not require the coaching up that was needed in the past. GEAUX CAJUNS, GEAUX GLASGEAUX

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The Glasgo Transition Year

dumbest fkng thread ever.

Z

Glasco will supercede anything Mike has done, except have his team hit lots of home runs.

He will do it because he knows what it takes to be a national champion.

We will find, develop and ride an elite pitcher to OKC. Not a good one...an elite one.

That's how you win at the highest level. Not by hitting taters in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Glasco will supercede anything Mike has done, except have his team hit lots of home runs.

We will find, develop and ride an elite pitcher to OKC. Not a good one...an elite one.

That's how you win at the highest level. Not by hitting taters in the regular season.
    Our current coaching staff has not one but two elite pitchers who took their respective teams to OKC. That's bodes well for the future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

I think Glasco has done a great job considering the circumstances he walked into his first season. But it's simply speculative at this point to suggest that Glasco is going to supercede anything Lotief accomplished during his tenure.

He may know what it takes to be a national champion, but he has never coached a collegiate team to a CWS yet as a head coach. And at times, his inexperience in the box has shown with questionable decisions this season.

He can recruit and if he finds that elite pitcher that you speak of, then he will certainly have a chance to get UL Softball back to a World Series. It's early in the process, let's see if he can manage a program and all the decisions that come with it, with some consistency first.

I would say that berating a player because she was unsuccessful at suicide then encouraging her to give it another shot ranks right up there.

So, if Texas Arlington beats Texas State today I believe we win the championship out right?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So, if Texas Arlington beats Texas State today I believe we win the championship out right?
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yes!
    That would be awesome. Maybe that will silence the naysayers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think Glasco has done a great job considering the circumstances he walked into his first season. But it's simply speculative at this point to suggest that Glasco is going to supercede anything Lotief accomplished during his tenure.

He may know what it takes to be a national champion, but he has never coached a collegiate team to a CWS yet as a head coach. And at times, his inexperience in the box has shown with questionable decisions this season.

He can recruit and if he finds that elite pitcher that you speak of, then he will certainly have a chance to get UL Softball back to a World Series. It's early in the process, let's see if he can manage a program and all the decisions that come with it, with some consistency first.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    That would be awesome. Maybe that will silence the naysayers
    I hope you are right but we would already be silenced if he hadn't blown five conference games to nobodies. I didn't expect to sweep TxSt on the Rupp factor so I give the team a pass on that game. Although I never expected to go five and one against TxSt and USA but we did just makes me mad we wasted five other conference losses game we should have won if not for errors and coaching. But that's my two cents and I'm a Cajun for life.

P.S. I know this is ridiculous what I'm about to say but it almost like he wants to lose the conference so he can say look what I've done after we get back to steam rolling the Belt next year. Once again I'm just a fan with a silly comment and a Cajun for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I hope you are right but we would already be silenced if he hadn't blown five conference games to nobodies. I didn't expect to sweep TxSt on the Rupp factor so I give the team a pass on that game. Although I never expected to go five and one against TxSt and USA but we did just makes me mad we wasted five other conference losses game we should have won if not for errors and coaching. But that's my two cents and I'm a Cajun for life.

P.S. I know this is ridiculous what I'm about to say but it almost like he wants to lose the conference so he can say look what I've done after we get back to steam rolling the Belt next year. Once again I'm just a fan with a silly comment and a Cajun for life.
    So, let's see... He's won some games he perhaps should not have, lost some games he should not have, and is half a game out of first place on the last day of the season. Sounds like a pretty good season to me, especially when you figure the circumstances of his hiring and taking over the program.

I haven't checked the record, but I would be willing to place a small wager that the Astros lost at least once to whoever finished last in the American League. It's called base (soft)ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post

Ain't this a great country! You have every right to post ridiculous and silly statements even when you know you are in the big minority when it comes to Coach Glasgeaux's performance this year. I am pretty sure you are not just trolling for comments to stir the pot.

I am just glad his mistakes have been on the aggressive side and not the wimpy side. No one is doubting his competitive fire.

If this were an election, you and I would cancel each other's votes. Still, we are both Cajuns for life and I commend your passion.

Blog Entries

The Glasco is half full. Dude has a dozen or so top national recruits committed for 2020-2022 classes. He was here way too late to impact shorter term recruiting. I have no doubts at all that he will have a few choice transfers in the plans to build upon until his future recruiting can take hold.

Softball is in top 25 with no off-season with team, loss of top players & has less than 20 HR going into conf tournament. The Glasco is half full.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Glasco should be coach of the year given the utter s storm he walked into, was able to get true Cajun players to buy in, and almost pulled off a regular season conference championship after players quit on their teammates and went elsewhere. Yup, I'll say it again...players QUIT on their teammates.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast