_ _ _ _
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Softball Re: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I don't entirely agree, but I see your point. Movin on.
    Some people get personally involved with these athletes, and the bond changes from support to friendship, and perhaps love. That is not the general accepted understanding for a fan/athlete relationship.

Most fans do not become involved with the individual athletes beyond their public persona. In fact as as fans we need to always remember to keep a certain distance from the athlete because of NCAA rules.

Miss Sanders, while representing UL was very outstanding on and off the field. By all I can tell she was a modest, humble, and caring person who developed outstanding athletic abilities. She was rewarded for that while here with many accolades and perks allowed by the NCAA. For that I am grateful to her, but again she chose to go elsewhere for whatever reason.

It would be silly for her to expect loyalty from a fan base, program, and university she has rejected. She wasn't my child, she wasn't my personal friend, and she pretty much said f*(k off to us. All I've said is goodbye, don't let the door hit you in the a ss on your way out.

Default Re: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    So let me make sure I have this correct, Express. When an athlete transfers in under extenuating circumstances, we saved them from a bad situation. When an athlete transfers out under extenuating circumstances, they have betrayed the fans. Conditional love, which isn't really love at all. So, praise from you should be greeted with a shoulder shrug. I hope the bulk of fans feel differently.
    seems to be so...
    https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ncy/666858002/

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14