_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

UL Softball Looking Forward with Glasco & Co.

When are you guys going to admit Glasco won't come close to replicating the success of lotief? "We need to go get some big hitters?" Lotief built big hitters. Same reason every time we lost a stud another one popped up the next year. Our run of dominance is over folks.

Default Re: UL softball settles for another split

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    When are you guys going to admit Glasco won't come close to replicating the success of lotief? "We need to go get some big hitters?" Lotief built big hitters. Same reason every time we lost a stud another one popped up the next year. Our run of dominance is over folks.
    I'm not sure when I'm going to admit it. It may come when I've had time to see what his teams (plural) do in the post season. Since we haven't arrived at Gerry's first post season yet, you'll just have to continue to bask in the glow of Mike's dominance (not yours) for a while longer.

Blog Entries

Time will tell but Lotief had an offseason or two to do his thing.

At least grant Glasco the same luxury before making this proclamation.

Lol, program is still in the top 25 in the RPI. Glasco hasn't even completed his first season and this guy is done.

And what exactly did Lotief dominate? Other than 18-22 year old females brains. He didn't dominate in OKC. 1 win in over 15 years of trying.

LOL

Glasco took over a team who lost three of his biggest hitters and had no Fall practice. And this team is STILL in the top 25 with a projection of being a #2 seed in a regional.

At least let the man have an off season and recruiting class before making these kinds of assumptions.

I nominate this for dumbest post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I second that nomination.

Wow this rivals anything on Tigha droppings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I second that nomination for dumbest post of the year - baseball guy thinking he knows something about softball.

This year is not on Glasco and I personally think he has performed minor miracles after the Lotief termination so late in the year. Knowledgeable fans know he had to rely on pitching and defense until he had the luxury of time to "build" big hitters - DJ didn't hit for power her first year and Aleah redshirted, giving Lotief two Fall seasons to work with both of them. Elkins was just coached incorrectly at Texas Tech. Sarah Draheim had power in her later years. Lotief had Nerissa slap-hitting her first two years. I could go on. Glasco had one month in January to assess his team, much less time to "build" power hitters.

Glasco has had success as hitting coach at Georgia and Texas A&M, leading the SEC in home runs in certain years at both. Look it up, Campo118.

I look forward to responding to this post again after next year's season.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Softball was 19 RPI at this time last year. They are 22 currently, a lot due to a stronger non-conference this year.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lot of graduation power and average lost, lost best two returning power hitters to unknown reasons before taking over. Lost a third high batting average power hitter before the season was a month old due to injury.

The only concern is Martinez well below her career average.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Lot of graduation power and average lost, lost best two returning power hitters to unknown reasons before taking over. Lost a third high batting average power hitter before the season was a month old due to injury.

The only concern is Martinez well below her career average.
    She's not too far off but it is a drop especially vs last year. (.288 vs .299 career). Her OBP is well down (.309 vs .348)

Not that this is necessarily the cause, but last year she had Gremillion, Sanders, Hayden, Craighton following her. This year it's Gremillion, Rodriguez/Redeaux, Dalton, Comeaux. She may have gotten more balls to hit last year considering what was behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    She's not too far off but it is a drop especially vs last year. (.288 vs .299 career). Her OBP is well down (.309 vs .348)

Not that this is necessarily the cause, but last year she had Gremillion, Sanders, Hayden, Craighton following her. This year it's Gremillion, Rodriguez/Redeaux, Dalton, Comeaux. She may have gotten more balls to hit last year considering what was behind her.
    And Coach has been substituting for her trying to find some RBIs - note she has been swinging away a lot lately and that may have an effect on batting average and OBP

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'd rather lose every game and never hit a HR than ever have my program associated with Lotief.

Like others have already pointed out our run is not over. RPI is still in same range as last year with losing 3 transfers and not having a full offseason to fix problems. We will be fine going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post

The new "in the box" rule has also hurt Kelli and her ability to slap this year. Her defense is still outstanding.

Because Glasco had little time to evaluate his players, he didn't realize until 2/3 through the season that his pitcher, Carrie Boswell, could actually hit. She has now been the DH and is doing quite well. If he would have only known that earlier in the year the record might be better than it currently is. Not his fault. Just the circumstances. Glad to see he's letting a pitcher hit. Lotief would have never ever allowed that.

...and Bill Cosby is an awesome comedian. He never had to resort to profanity. Even though Cosby drugged and raped unconscious women, he had a knack for always coming up with fresh new jokes every year and that's what is important. Gotta respect a guy like that.

I'm not high on Glasco but it has nothing to do with Mike. I didn't care for his style early on and I feel it has cost us the regular season title. He still has a chance to win the conference tournament. I also agree one season is not enough to judge him considering where he came in at. I will not make excuses for him this is a top 25 program with him or any of us coaching this team the talent was already in place, the schedule was tough enough. I think he favors certain players and gives them extra chances. I am a softball fan and will support this team no matter who is the coach because the players make the team as a whole they represent the University. Only time will tell so I wait it out and enjoy my Cajuns along the way.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    ...and Bill Cosby is an awesome comedian. He never had to resort to profanity. Even though Cosby drugged and raped unconscious women, he had a knack for always coming up with fresh new jokes every year and that's what is important. Gotta respect a guy like that.
    This post is a 550 foot shot over the centerfield fence.....well played.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I'm glad you think calling a college softball player a _____ is on par with drugging and raping women.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast