_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ULM Rebranding!

Default Re: ULM Rebranding!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This will be fascinating on how it plays out. Don't be surprised if all the schools not named LSU band together to save the allotment. People talk about ULM hurting, but others are far worse off. I bet it they come up with a reduced amount where everyone can survive. It is the way we do thing in this state.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Geography has nothing to do with replacing the transfer funds allowed by the state to athletics. There will be none allowed period soon. They will have to go before the UL System Board to ask for additional Auxiliary Fees to maintain present levels of funding for athletics. I don't see that happening anytime soon. They will not have any choice in the matter at some point, there will be no funds available from the state.
    I guess this will also affect LaTex and the other university athletic departments in the state as well. If it does come to pass, I too am glad we never got dependent on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    That's all fine and dandy. Without the SBC, they will have no choice in the matter. They are going back to the SLC.
    Let me make it a little clearer...... They are not going to willingly go down a level. Did you not comprehend where I stated "lost cause".

Point is that it will not make a substantial difference to their budget.

Blog Entries

I dont know diddly on recent LA politics......I do like the new ULM logo and jerseys, looks cool.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Look no further than the expansion of the athletic programs at LSUA&M-E to realize this state will advance athletics at the expense of academics. Monroe won't be going anywhere.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

why is there a thread about ULM on this board? Shouldnt we be more concerned about our peer institutions? Southern Miss, Memphis, etc??

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: ULM Rebranding!

Whole lotta not caring going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    why is there a thread about ULM on this board? Shouldnt we be more concerned about our peer institutions? Southern Miss, Memphis, etc??
    Are you geeked up for our home game against Memphis and our trip to Hattiesburg this fall?
    Unfortunately they are not our peers yet. ULM is in our conference and their podunk school and bankrupt athletic department have a football team that is every bit as good as ours talent wise.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks Z, I made my comment before reading yours.

As usual Z grounded and totally right.

Are you geeked up for our home game against Memphis and our trip to Hattiesburg this fall?
    Unfortunately they are not our peers yet. ULM is in our conference and their podunk school and bankrupt athletic department have a football team that is every bit as good as ours talent wise.
    thanks for your usual defeatist attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    thanks for your usual defeatist attitude.
    What are you talking about? All I said is they are a peer institution with a football team having similar talent. I didn't say we would lose. Z asked a question and I answered. Conference mates are peer institutions.

Cause ___ em thats why

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

What are you talking about? All I said is they are a peer institution with a football team having similar talent. I didn't say we would lose. Z asked a question and I answered. Conference mates are peer institutions.
    Academically, Athletically, or Financially. In none of these areas are they anywhere close to being a peer institution of this university.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Academically, Athletically, or Financially. In none of these areas are they anywhere close to being a peer institution of this university.
    Ok. We are getting into semantics now. If you asked 100 people in other parts of the country and gave them facts about our two schools almost all would conclude we are peer institutions with us holding an edge in the categories you mentioned. As I said, the company you keep determines your peers.

Getting back to football. All I know is we are middle of the pack when it comes to talent in the SBC. ULM is about the same. Look at our schedule. I see 3 non-peer institutions. One is a guaranteed win and the other two are guaranteed losses. The rest are equals (slightly above or below) to us and are potential wins.

Ok. We are getting into semantics now. If you asked 100 people in other parts of the country and gave them facts about our two schools almost all would conclude we are peer institutions with us holding an edge in the categories you mentioned. As I said, the company you keep determines your peers.

Getting back to football. All I know is we are middle of the pack when it comes to talent in the SBC. ULM is about the same. Look at our schedule. I see 3 non-peer institutions. One is a guaranteed win and the other two are guaranteed losses. The rest are equals (slightly above or below) to us and are potential wins.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

ULM is in our Conference but not a peer institution...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    ULM is in our Conference but not a peer institution...
    Jesus! Can we ditch this thread? Our own graduates think ULM is a peer institution?

A bad year for us in football is a good year at ULM. Outside of football, have they beaten us in any other sport?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast